GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #14: Sens @ Hurricanes - 7:00pm - Saturday Nov. 7 2015

+5
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #14 ("Stone's back" edition): Sens @ Hurricanes - 7:00pm - Saturday Nov. 7 2015

GAME DAY #14: Sens @ Hurricanes - 7:00pm - Saturday Nov. 7 2015 Large GAME DAY #14: Sens @ Hurricanes - 7:00pm - Saturday Nov. 7 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #14: Sens @ Hurricanes - 7:00pm - Saturday Nov. 7 2015 Large

The Sens are riding a second 2-game winning streak thanks to a shootout victory over the visiting Jets Thursday night. That game featured the first time the Sens had scored first at home -- in fact, they were up 2-0 of the supposedly tired Jets (who played in Toronto the night before) before Jet Captain Ladd and Jumbo Jet Byfuglien tied it up late in the second and early in the third, respectively. From that point on it was the Andy Show as Winnipeg outshot the Senators 21-10 through the third period and OT. Alas, all that lack of work must have made for a rusty goalie as Hutchison gave up goals to all three Sens shooters. It's a win, 2 points is great (although an ROW or two wouldn't hurt), and a lesson learned -- never coast (unless the other team ices the puck and you've passed the "commit line").

Tonight's match up features another "tired" team, as the Hurricanes were losing 4-1 to the surging Dallas Stars (Stars scored 3 times in the third to break up a 1-1 tie -- maybe they really will be tired). Backup Lack was in goal for the Canes, so expect Ward to start against the Senators. The Sens have had a tough time in Carolina, having won only twice (shootout and overtime win) in their last 12 games in Raleigh, going back to the 08-09 season. Was last year's OT win the start of a different kinds of streak? Tune it tonight to find out.

Since Stone is back from serving his 2-game suspension there will be at least one lineup change. Based on line rushes we could see Hoffman slide down to the second line while Prince remains with the top line, and Puempel sits out. Zibanejad had his best game in a while Thursday night, and Bobby Ryan has been playing better in the last five games (4 goals, SO goal, couple assists). Adding a striker like Hoffman could make it an even more dangerous line (or it could screw up the chemistry -- who knows).

As always, GO SENS GO!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens are 2nd in the Atlantic, tied at 16 points with Tampa but with 2 games in hand. Detroit is just 1 points back, having won 3 in a row (the latest being the OT win over Babcock and the Leafs last night); they play Dallas tomorrow. Tampa plays Minnesota tonight. If the Sens win the two games they have in hand over Montreal, they'd still be 5 points back. 5 points? Pffft! That's nothing. We've done 14. Anyhow, the only thing that stands in the way of my pre-season prediction is the Sens continuing to play tired teams and Price tearing his groin.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Now, let's see what this "Marshmallow" thing is all about.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, first thing about Marshmallow that I actually noticed -- the Bell Fibe Remote app no-longer works Sad So I can't schedule a recording while away from the TV.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's kill these Diddlers.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

WTF is marshmallow?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Marshmallow is the code name for Android 6 (Lollipop before it, KitKat before that). If they come out with BigTurk I'm gonna die.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Marshmallow is the code name for Android 6 (Lollipop before it, KitKat before that).  If they come out with BigTurk I'm gonna die.
Still doesn't explain it to the little people

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This game is ours for the taken. The other thing that changes things is how bad Carolina has gotten.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:This game is ours for the taken. The other thing that changes things is how bad Carolina has gotten.

Carolina hasn't been good since the year they won the Cup. They are particularly bad now, so you're right.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Marshmallow is the code name for Android 6 (Lollipop before it, KitKat before that).  If they come out with BigTurk I'm gonna die.

Oh yeah, I already have that.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No Ceci and Smith. Wideman and Stone are in.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:No Ceci and Smith. Wideman and Stone are in.
before SSF can chime in on this one, why is Ceci out? injury? he's had a pretty good last three games by my observations.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
before SSF can chime in on this one, why is Ceci out? injury? he's had a pretty good last three games by my observations.

Lower body injury for Ceci. Smith is a healthy scratch.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Lower body injury for Ceci. Smith is a healthy scratch.
who's centering the 4rth line?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum