GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

+8
SensHulk
asq2
SeawaySensFan
spader
red red red
tim1_2
Ev
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #8 ("Thank God baseball is finally over!" edition): Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24 2015

GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015 Large GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015 Large

Well, now that MLB and its minions in black have dispatched the Blue Jays we can finally go back to jeering all the teams in blue from Toronto. By the way, speaking of teams in blue from Toronto, the Leafs will be playing the white hot Canadiens tonight. The Habs are 2 wins short of matching the NHL record of 10-0 to start the season so I am conflicted -- who do I cheer for?

No matter, the suddeny-injury-riddled Senators have their work cut out for them as they face the suddenly-cold Arizona team. After going 3-0 to start the season the Desert Dogs have managed a single point in their last 4 games -- a shootout loss to the Devils. Meanwhile, the Sens have yet to win at home, after blowing a 4-2 lead in the last 6 minutes and then losing in the eventual shootout (after three OT games the Sens have yet to avoid the shootout; they have also yet to avoid an OT penalty kill).

On the injury front, Marc Methot has missed 2 games with flu-cussion (started out as a flu, then somehow morphed into a concussion). Mark (with a 'k') Borowiecki has been filling in a EK's regular shift partner -- not an ideal situation by any stretch (quick poll: would you rather Phillips?) Joining Methot in the dark room is Clarke MacArthur, who has missed the last three games and will likely miss quite a few more; the last two concussions have come on fairly mild hits so I fear it's going to be a long time before we wee him in the lineup. Lastly, last season's goal scoring leader, Mike Hoffman went down with a lower-body-injury early in the third period of the Devils game and is out day-to-day. McCormick has been recalled from Bingo -- looks like Max will play on the fourth line -- we'll see who moves up and where at the morning skate.

As always, GO SENSE GO!!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens Keys to Victory:

Stay out of the box:
The Sens are 2nd in the league inPIMs/game (behind LA) and actually lead in minors. Only the Blue Jackets have given up more PP goals against, and they have played one more game than the Sens. The Sens lead the league with 2:52 OT PK time (3 OT minors; nobody else has more than 1).

Get out ahead and don't coast:
The Coyotes are in the middle of a 5-game road trip. Get on them early, and don't slow down. Remember the days when blowing a 2-goal lead in the third was unheard-of? Not in the New NHL. Not without four top-four D-men.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, didn't realize that Hoffman is, yet again, leading the team in goals. He has 4+4=8, same stats as Turris (Stone and Karlsson also have 8 points). Hoffman also leads the team in +/- at +5 (one ahead of Turris).

I have two words: CHA-CHING!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Previews

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020109
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400814973
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/arizona-coyotes-ottawa-senators-20151024/Preview

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vermette is questionable for tonight. So is Hoffman, but given that McCormick has been recalled I'm thinking he misses a game. Too bad, the Sens scored 12 goals in two games against Smith last season. Oh, well, maybe we can get Bobby going.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If you are coming to the game and you are not west of the Rochester exit, plan on coming earlier as the 417 is being re-routed through Catherine street. 417 is a 4-lane highway, 100 km/h speed limit, while Catherine street is one-lane and has a Grehound bus stop/depo -- you can do the math.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And going back home will be worse.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You don't have to go down Catherine street at all. So many other options such as carling and baseline.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Game day skate is under way. Hoffman not on the ice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:You don't have to go down Catherine street at all. So many other options such as carling and baseline.

How do you get to Carling, though.

Baseline is not really an option if you're coming from Orleans, is it?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lazar skating on the top line:

Lazar-Turris-Stone; Michalek-Zibanejad-Ryan; Prince-Pageau-Chiasson and McCormick-Smith-Neil.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like Methot will play (Wideman will sit). Too bad, Wideman was looking really comfortable out there.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think you've pretty much got it covered with your 11 posts, Walter.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I think you've pretty much got it covered with your 11 posts, Walter.

Shut up and watch my post count go up.

red red red

red red red
Prospect
Prospect

i'm not a big fan of Lazar on the first line idea. i'd much rather see pumpel or prince in those position.

i guess they wanted to reward a guy like McCormick and by the same token have a guy up that they can easily send down. just brining up pumpel for one game would of been meh.

im excited to see Mc play though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum