GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

+13
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
spader
TheAvatar
Vandelay
Flo The Action
NEELY
wprager
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 29]

181Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 10:32 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Habs are a pretender, simple as that.

Brandon Prust... might be the biggest b*tch in the NHL, guy goes after goalies all the time and gets called out by basically everyone and he cries to the media, haha.  Montreal has completely lost it.

Hopefully he doesn't get suspended because he won't be able to cost his team the game from the stands.  Wonder if he is going to own up to what he did in game 2 at any point?

Habs were lucky to move past the Sens in round 1, really lucky.  I'll be honest though, it's pretty satisfying watching this Habs team too because it's pretty obvious how much they rely on Price if it wasn't completely obvious before.  

Also... calling P.K Subban, series has started.
It also doesn't shine on us how good we are.
Seriously. There's been a lot of talk about how close we are to contending. I know we were tired from that late season push but to really be contending we should of gotten past the habs easily. We all knew the habs weren't supposed to be a threat. And well the bolts are proving that.
We need our D to get better and our youth group to keep developing. The way I see it we are still a couple if not 3 pieces away from being a real threat out there.
A top line winger(trade)
A cup winning scoring forward (Williams )
A top 4 Dman

And then you still have to wait a year or two for lehner to be ready.

182Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 10:38 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

Brandon Prust... might be the biggest b*tch in the NHL, guy goes after goalies all the time and gets called out by basically everyone and he cries to the media, haha.  Montreal has completely lost it.

Hopefully he doesn't get suspended because he won't be able to cost his team the game from the stands.  Wonder if he is going to own up to what he did in game 2 at any point?

Habs were lucky to move past the Sens in round 1, really lucky.  I'll be honest though, it's pretty satisfying watching this Habs team too because it's pretty obvious how much they rely on Price if it wasn't completely obvious before.  

Seriously. There's been a lot of talk about how close we are to contending. I know we were tired from that late season push but to really be contending we should of gotten past the habs easily. We all knew the habs weren't supposed to be a threat. And well the bolts are proving that.
We need our D to get better and our youth group to keep developing. The way I see it we are still a couple if not 3 pieces away from being a real threat out there.
A top line winger(trade)
A top 4 Dman

Montreal plays a passive style which is killing them against Tampa. We would have probably fared a little better.

We probably need the additions you mention regardless but those won't be to get out of the 1st round, those are additions that should get us past the 2nd round if all goes well.

183Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 10:48 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

A top line winger(trade)
A top 4 Dman

Montreal plays a passive style which is killing them against Tampa. We would have probably fared a little better.

We probably need the additions you mention regardless but those won't be to get out of the 1st round, those are additions that should get us past the 2nd round if all goes well.
Isn't that the point of contending?
I think we held the guns to get out of the first round, we just got there out of breath.
But I have serious doubts about what we can achieve without at least 2 of the three pieces I mentioned.

184Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 11:03 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

A top line winger(trade)
A top 4 Dman

I think we held the guns to get out of the first round, we just got there out of breath.
But I have serious doubts about what we can achieve without at least 2 of the three pieces I mentioned.

But a playoff team is a contender. It's that cut and dried apparently.

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 852933671

- Unknown Author

185Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 11:06 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

A top line winger(trade)
A top 4 Dman

But a playoff team is a contender.  It's that cut and dried apparently.

The SpezzaFace never lies...

186Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 11:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

A top line winger(trade)
A top 4 Dman

We got beaten by a hot goalie - pretty much as simple as that. The Habs didn't beat us as much as Price did. And the inexplicable fact that we didn't drive the net in Game 6.

187Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 11:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

A top line winger(trade)
A top 4 Dman

Can't discount playing game 7 hockey for 2-1/2 months. It's simply unprecedented. And the biggest reasons they did not beat the Habs were Stone's broken wrist and really bad officiating. The Habs are getting called for everything now and are losing. Don't forget that the first game went to double OT, and last night they gave up 4 PPG. They could easily be tied 1-1, just as we could easily have been tied 2-2 instead of being down 1-3.

188Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 11:51 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Can't discount playing game 7 hockey for 2-1/2 months.  It's simply unprecedented.  And the biggest reasons they did not beat the Habs were Stone's broken wrist and really bad officiating.  The Habs are getting called for everything now and are losing.  Don't forget that the first game went to double OT, and last night they gave up 4 PPG.  They could easily be tied 1-1, just as we could easily have been tied 2-2 instead of being down 1-3.

Don't discount Hammond not being good enough in games 1 and 2. We might have won if Anderson came in Game 2 and most definately if in game 1.

Dropping the first 3 games gave them no leeway to lose games due to bad calls and bad officiating etc. Sometimes you lose unfairly, that's why it is a 7 game series.

189Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 11:54 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

A top line winger(trade)
A top 4 Dman

Making points regardless of context is easy, isn't it?

I said, GMs conceive of their teams as building or contending, and that no GM sits around wondering how to build a team to just make the playoffs and maybe win one round. Of course people outside of the organization (pundits, etc) make those distinctions (contender, pretender), but I really don't see any front office defining themselves with a goal like "we're going to build a pretender this year -- one round and out!" Guaranteed Bergevin went into July, September, and April thinking "this is a team that can advance to the conference finals.' And really, in the east, there's one powerhouse team and a bunch of X factors.

190Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 12:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:
Can't discount playing game 7 hockey for 2-1/2 months.  It's simply unprecedented.  And the biggest reasons they did not beat the Habs were Stone's broken wrist and really bad officiating.  The Habs are getting called for everything now and are losing.  Don't forget that the first game went to double OT, and last night they gave up 4 PPG.  They could easily be tied 1-1, just as we could easily have been tied 2-2 instead of being down 1-3.

Don't discount Hammond not being good enough in games 1 and 2.  We might have won if Anderson came in Game 2 and most definately if in game 1.

Dropping the first 3 games gave them no leeway to lose games due to bad calls and bad officiating etc.  Sometimes you lose unfairly, that's why it is a 7 game series.

Yeah, getting down 3-0 was very unfortunate to say the least.

191Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

A top line winger(trade)
A top 4 Dman

Making points regardless of context is easy, isn't it?

I said, GMs conceive of their teams as building or contending, and that no GM sits around wondering how to build a team to just make the playoffs and maybe win one round. Of course people outside of the organization (pundits, etc) make those distinctions (contender, pretender), but I really don't see any front office defining themselves with a goal like "we're going to build a pretender this year -- one round and out!" Guaranteed Bergevin went into July, September, and April thinking "this is a team that can advance to the conference finals.' And really, in the east, there's one powerhouse team and a bunch of X factors.

GMs judge their teams potential success based on what they have, what they think the can add and where they think they're players can be by season's end and quite often are quoted as saying their team should be a playoff team (They don't equate that to contender), a team that can win a round or two or a team that can go deep. They don't mention conference finals or stanley cup final just go deep is as far as I've heard a GM go in that regard.

- Unknown Author

192Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 1:15 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Don't discount Hammond not being good enough in games 1 and 2.  We might have won if Anderson came in Game 2 and most definately if in game 1.

Dropping the first 3 games gave them no leeway to lose games due to bad calls and bad officiating etc.  Sometimes you lose unfairly, that's why it is a 7 game series.

Exactly this. There was probably one goal in each of this first two games that he'd like back. Otherwise it might've been over early in the other direction.

193Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 1:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Exactly this. There was probably one goal in each of this first two games that he'd like back. Otherwise it might've been over early in the other direction.

I almost mentioned that but didn't want to crap on Hammond -- if not for him we would be picking in the top 10. Still, I wonder what would have happened if he started Anderson in the third period if, for no other reason, than to shake the team up and see if Anderson could regain his form. Unfortunately they were only down by one with a history of 3rd period comebacks.

Anyhow, our best forward (both offensively and leading the league in takeaways) was cut down in the 2nd period of game one. Our big gun (Ryan) was gassed or injured. Michalek and MacArthur were coming off concussions (rested but out of shape). Puempel, who came up to pick up some slack, was injured. And everybody else (except for the likes of Cowen, Greening, Smith) were likely exhausted from 25+ must win games. A Stanley Cup champ who goes 7 games in each series has played 28 games. That's what the Sens went through.

194Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 1:29 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not crapping on Hammond. I would've handled the goalies the exact same way Cameron did. It just didn't quite work out.

195Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 2:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I would have handled the goalies the same way as well. Not sure I even would have gone to Anderson in Game 3. Thought Hammond had a real bounce back game in Game 2.

196Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 2:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.tsn.ca/prust-has-choice-words-for-referee-watson-1.274336

"He kept provoking me," said Prust. "He came to the box and called me every name in the book. He called me a piece of you-know-what, a mother-effer, a coward and said he'd drive me right out of this building. I kept going, 'Yeah, okay. Yeah, okay. Yeah, okay.' He kept on me. He kept on me. I kept saying, 'Yeah, okay.' I wasn't looking at him. He teed me up. That's the ref he is. He tries to play God. He tries to control the game and he did that tonight." wrote:

Good thing you can always count on Prust to make an absolute fool of himself. Facepalm

197Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 3:18 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/prust-has-choice-words-for-referee-watson-1.274336

Good thing you can always count on Prust to make an absolute fool of himself. Facepalm

ThisJustIn!

198Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 3:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Prust should be fined very, very heavily, if they want this kind of behavior to stop. Even if Watson did call him all those names. I'm not excusing Watson at all (if he did that) because by all accounts this would have been very, very out of character for him, which means that Prust said a hell of a lot more than "Yeah, OK".

There are mics everywhere. Surely the penalty box officials would have heard most of this, too. It's about time to mic up all the refs for two purposes -- so that everything is recorded (if one payer calls another the N-word, for example, surely one of the four officials is not too far); and so the refs/linesmen can discuss in real time. For example, that quick whistle on Pageau's goal could have gone like this:

"I can't see the puck! Can any one confirm Price has it frozen?"
"No, it's still loose."

Even the second it takes to ask the question would have been enough time for the puck to go in (that was an awful quick whistle). If the puck goes in because the forward dislodged it illegally that can be reviewed after the goal. You can always review to disallow, you cannot review to allow (after the whistle goes).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum