GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

+13
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
spader
TheAvatar
Vandelay
Flo The Action
NEELY
wprager
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 29]

301Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 18, 2015 11:51 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Tyler Cussing Johnson

That is all.

302Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 19, 2015 6:41 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Tyler Cussing Johnson

That is all.

Unreal. Undrafted. And we got Conacher.

303Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 19, 2015 7:46 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have Tyler Johnson and Kucherov in my keeper league. Never thought they'd be this good so fast.

304Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

That is all.

Unreal.  Undrafted.  And we got Conacher.

Facepalm

And I. Think that was a Tim Murray move.

305Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 19, 2015 12:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

That is all.

Facepalm

Who knows if Johnson was even on the table.

306Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 19, 2015 1:03 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

At the time, Bishop for Conacher made sense for both sides. No one thought Johnson would be this good. Get a grip.

307Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 19, 2015 1:21 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:At the time, Bishop for Conacher made sense for both sides.  No one thought Johnson would be this good.  Get a grip.

Laughing3

308Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 19, 2015 2:32 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

That is all.

Facepalm

Agreed. Some people seem to think that the trade terms were Ottawa's to set. That's like Anaheim saying "Why'd we take Noesen when Karlsson was still there?" It's far more likely that TyJo was never available in that deal.

309Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 19, 2015 2:46 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

That is all.

Facepalm

Agreed. Some people seem to think that the trade terms were Ottawa's to set. That's like Anaheim saying "Why'd we take Noesen when Karlsson was still there?" It's far more likely that TyJo was never available in that deal.

I think there has been some info on who was available in a trade. I can't remember now but I'm sure someone could look it up.
None the less, it was a major Diddle up. Not one of our best move but if I recall it was Tim's call. History will tell what his moves will look like.
I still like the Winnipeg Buffalo swap that happened before the TD. This year will paint a better picture of what that meant for Buffalo and see how well Kane and Bogo perform.

310Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

They traded Conacher because they had TyJo in the wings. Conacher looked promising at the time too.

They chose wisely.

311Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 19, 2015 4:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:They traded Conacher because they had TyJo in the wings.  Conacher looked promising at the time too.

They chose wisely.

The two played together in Syracuse. Conacher got the call up first. Now I'm beginning to wonder if they did that to raise his trade value (by playing with Stamkos) since they knew they had an even better player in Johnson.

312Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed May 20, 2015 7:00 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, anyone stay up for the whole thing? 16 minutes into triple OT. I was awake for most of the 2nd OT but then remembered about getting up to make lunches and stuff. But I must have been dozing off when the header was disallowed. So you can pretty much kick it in as long as you are not moving the foot forward (kicking it in with the side of the heel like they teach you in soccer is now completely legal) but you can't head it in with your helmet? I really don't understand why? Sure, it's above the shoulders, but it's not a dangerous play like it would be with a stick. Weird little sport we have here.

313Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed May 20, 2015 9:45 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:So, anyone stay up for the whole thing?  16 minutes into triple OT.  I was awake for most of the 2nd OT but then remembered about getting up to make lunches and stuff.  But I must have been dozing off when the header was disallowed.  So you can pretty much kick it in as long as you are not moving the foot forward (kicking it in with the side of the heel like they teach you in soccer is now completely legal) but you can't head it in with your helmet?  I really don't understand why?  Sure, it's above the shoulders, but it's not a dangerous play like it would be with a stick.  Weird little sport we have here.

Yeah, I dozed through all the OTs and missed the header too, but caught the winning goal.

I guess they don't want people kicking their skates around the crease, and they also don't want players trying to hit the puck with their heads either...both are safety issues.

It was a heckuva hockey game last night.

314Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed May 20, 2015 10:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, this lightning team is gonna be sooooooooo good for so long.

315Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed May 20, 2015 10:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is one of the best games of the year. Just fuckin amazing.

316Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Thu May 21, 2015 12:37 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I iinda wished I watched. I've disconnected a bit from the series. Not a fan of any of the teams that are left.

I hate the Rangers so maybe I'll watch the next one.

317Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Thu May 21, 2015 7:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Wow, this lightning team is gonna be sooooooooo good for so long.  

Not if they give up 5 goals. Sure, it was an exciting game just like most mistake-filled games are. Getting down 0-2 in front of the home crowd is a recipe for disaster. Scoring 4 to take the lead then blowing it, not so good. Giving up the late tying goal, not good at all. They may have used up all their horseshoes right there. Stamkos also said how they had nothing left.

On the other hand, that's two games in a row they score 6 on The King. I think I read that's only happened to Henrik twice in his career. Both times was this year (was one of those when he came back from the throat injury?) He's not in his prime any more. That monstrous contract will bite them soon.

So, how many touchdowns (without the convert) do you give up before Vigneault remembers that kid Talbot did pretty well.

318Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 21 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Thu May 21, 2015 8:08 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really didn't think the Lightning offense would crack the Rangers D and Lundqvist.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum