GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

+13
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
spader
TheAvatar
Vandelay
Flo The Action
NEELY
wprager
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 29]

196Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 2:41 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.tsn.ca/prust-has-choice-words-for-referee-watson-1.274336

"He kept provoking me," said Prust. "He came to the box and called me every name in the book. He called me a piece of you-know-what, a mother-effer, a coward and said he'd drive me right out of this building. I kept going, 'Yeah, okay. Yeah, okay. Yeah, okay.' He kept on me. He kept on me. I kept saying, 'Yeah, okay.' I wasn't looking at him. He teed me up. That's the ref he is. He tries to play God. He tries to control the game and he did that tonight." wrote:

Good thing you can always count on Prust to make an absolute fool of himself. Facepalm

197Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 3:18 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/prust-has-choice-words-for-referee-watson-1.274336

Good thing you can always count on Prust to make an absolute fool of himself. Facepalm

ThisJustIn!

198Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 3:50 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Prust should be fined very, very heavily, if they want this kind of behavior to stop. Even if Watson did call him all those names. I'm not excusing Watson at all (if he did that) because by all accounts this would have been very, very out of character for him, which means that Prust said a hell of a lot more than "Yeah, OK".

There are mics everywhere. Surely the penalty box officials would have heard most of this, too. It's about time to mic up all the refs for two purposes -- so that everything is recorded (if one payer calls another the N-word, for example, surely one of the four officials is not too far); and so the refs/linesmen can discuss in real time. For example, that quick whistle on Pageau's goal could have gone like this:

"I can't see the puck! Can any one confirm Price has it frozen?"
"No, it's still loose."

Even the second it takes to ask the question would have been enough time for the puck to go in (that was an awful quick whistle). If the puck goes in because the forward dislodged it illegally that can be reviewed after the goal. You can always review to disallow, you cannot review to allow (after the whistle goes).

199Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 04, 2015 4:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:Habs are a pretender, simple as that.

Brandon Prust... might be the biggest b*tch in the NHL, guy goes after goalies all the time and gets called out by basically everyone and he cries to the media, haha.  Montreal has completely lost it.

Hopefully he doesn't get suspended because he won't be able to cost his team the game from the stands.  Wonder if he is going to own up to what he did in game 2 at any point?

Habs were lucky to move past the Sens in round 1, really lucky.  I'll be honest though, it's pretty satisfying watching this Habs team too because it's pretty obvious how much they rely on Price if it wasn't completely obvious before.  

Also... calling P.K Subban, series has started.
It also doesn't shine on us how good we are.
Seriously. There's been a lot of talk about how close we are to contending. I know we were tired from that late season push but to really be contending we should of gotten past the habs easily. We all knew the habs weren't supposed to be a threat. And well the bolts are proving that.
We need our D to get better and our youth group to keep developing. The way I see it we are still a couple if not 3 pieces away from being a real threat out there.
A top line winger(trade)
A cup winning scoring forward (Williams )
A top 4 Dman

And then you still have to wait a year or two for lehner to be ready.

We got beaten by a hot goalie - pretty much as simple as that.  The Habs didn't beat us as much as Price did.  And the inexplicable fact that we didn't drive the net in Game 6.  
I don't buy that. If we'd had been left with 1 or less goals in games I would of said yes but we had 3 goals on most nights. Sure did he rob of us from more? Yes, but it could of been our job to prevent them from scoring also.
Price was phenomenal for sure. But I wouldn't put it solely in him for our loss. We showed great signs as a team but we were out of gas in the first few games compared to them and we need more playoff experience.

200Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 05, 2015 7:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So Holtby is outplaying King Henrik. Rangers had won something like 11 game 3s on the road until last night. Threw everything at Holtby in the first period but didn't score. Beagle's goal from behind the net (off defenseman's skate, then off Lundqvist's and in) the only goal in the game. One of the more exciting One-Nill games around.

201Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 05, 2015 9:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Brandon Prust... might be the biggest b*tch in the NHL, guy goes after goalies all the time and gets called out by basically everyone and he cries to the media, haha.  Montreal has completely lost it.

Hopefully he doesn't get suspended because he won't be able to cost his team the game from the stands.  Wonder if he is going to own up to what he did in game 2 at any point?

Habs were lucky to move past the Sens in round 1, really lucky.  I'll be honest though, it's pretty satisfying watching this Habs team too because it's pretty obvious how much they rely on Price if it wasn't completely obvious before.  

Seriously. There's been a lot of talk about how close we are to contending. I know we were tired from that late season push but to really be contending we should of gotten past the habs easily. We all knew the habs weren't supposed to be a threat. And well the bolts are proving that.
We need our D to get better and our youth group to keep developing. The way I see it we are still a couple if not 3 pieces away from being a real threat out there.
A top line winger(trade)
A top 4 Dman

We got beaten by a hot goalie - pretty much as simple as that.  The Habs didn't beat us as much as Price did.  And the inexplicable fact that we didn't drive the net in Game 6.  
I don't buy that. If we'd had been left with 1 or less goals in games I would of said yes but we had 3 goals on most nights. Sure did he rob of us from more? Yes, but it could of been our job to prevent them from scoring also.
Price was phenomenal for sure. But I wouldn't put it solely in him for our loss. We showed great signs as a team but we were out of gas in the first few games compared to them and we need more playoff experience.

We had a major chance in game 1 and blew it, but that game and game 5 aside, price was a wall. I thought he looked invincible most of games 2,3 and 6. Which is probably about right for a hart/vezina nominee. We had two games where he wasn't himself and only took advantage of one, then we got beaten by him in 3 others.

Playoff experience was a huge factor too. Not getting to the net in game 6 should be a lesson they remember for a long, long time because it's the reason we're golfing.

Also, excuses aside Ryan was terrible. There's nothing good about that.

202Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 05, 2015 10:28 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I still think Ryan is covering something up. If he hit a wall (literally and figuratively -- on that Petry hit) then it could be because the previous summer he was rehabbing from a hernia surgery instead of spending time in the gym. He needs to spend a little more time in the gym this off-season and come back in September in the best shape of his life.

203Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 05, 2015 10:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I still think Ryan is covering something up.  If he hit a wall (literally and figuratively -- on that Petry hit) then it could be because the previous summer he was rehabbing from a hernia surgery instead of spending time in the gym.  He needs to spend a little more time in the gym this off-season and come back in September in the best shape of his life.

Definitely. He's shown to us that he cares a lot on the ice, so I bet he does.

204Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 05, 2015 11:15 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can't believe the Caps are up on the Rags. Everyone is still assuming the Rangers will come back to win the series, but man, Washington is for real.

205Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 05, 2015 11:17 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see WAS come out of the East. OV seems to finally "Get it" and with him they've got a game breaker that can take over a playoff game.

- Unknown Author

206Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:I still think Ryan is covering something up.  If he hit a wall (literally and figuratively -- on that Petry hit) then it could be because the previous summer he was rehabbing from a hernia surgery instead of spending time in the gym.  He needs to spend a little more time in the gym this off-season and come back in September in the best shape of his life.
I don't buy hitting the wall, when I got fat and slow I still had my shot. Bobby lost his shot, so I figure his finger never really healed and he ran out of gas.

207Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 05, 2015 12:20 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

A top line winger(trade)
A top 4 Dman

We had a major chance in game 1 and blew it, but that game and game 5 aside, price was a wall.  I thought he looked invincible most of games 2,3 and 6.   Which is probably about right for a hart/vezina nominee.  We had two games where he wasn't himself and only took advantage of one, then we got beaten by him in 3 others.  

Playoff experience was a huge factor too.  Not getting to the net in game 6 should be a lesson they remember for a long, long time because it's the  reason we're golfing.

Also, excuses aside Ryan was terrible. There's nothing good about that.
i will choose to disagree. Price was a wall in the sense that we could have scored 6 but we really only got 3 in but in all fairness that should be enough to win. I know it's like beating a dead horse but Hammond was not ready for playoff hockey and let some bad ones in. The players weren't there to help out as we did not bring the intensity level in the first two games. We could of done better. Finally we were facing a team playing in playoff mode. I still can't excuse what happened in game 6. What made us so successful in game 5 was the screening, the going to the net.... It's like they forgot all about that. I can't explain it and to be honest that's something the sens players don't have to learn but should already know. It's the NHL, that Dung should be a given by now. Maybe a few players were hurting too much and did not want to take chances. Well it cost us.

208Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 05, 2015 3:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I still think that Price's positioning in game 6 vs. 5 has a lot to do with the lack of screening. You want to get right to the edge of the crease, but if the goalie is already there, if not 1-2' outside of the crease, then where do you go?

I wonder what you happen if the forward stood *behind* Price but still outside the crease -- what happens when Price tries to get back to the blue paint?

209Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 05, 2015 3:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I still think that Price's positioning in game 6 vs. 5 has a lot to do with the lack of screening.  You want to get right to the edge of the crease, but if the goalie is already  there, if not 1-2' outside of the crease, then where do you go?  

I wonder what you happen if the forward stood *behind* Price but still outside the crease -- what happens when Price tries to get back to the blue paint?  

You stay the Diddle right there in front of him. You don't ever move from the edge of the crease - ever. What we did was give him a direct line of site on 95% of the shots we took - and he's all world, he can stop what he can see and he can stop what he's in position for in relation to his defenders, what he can't stop is if player make a beeline to the net and stand right in front of him, because it's not only our players, it's the defender (s) that follow that end up doing the screening as well.

Look no further than Wiercioch's goal, where he literally had to change position to even see an opening for a split second for all the people in front of Price.

Why they deviated from that, I'll really never understand.

210Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 05, 2015 4:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:I still think that Price's positioning in game 6 vs. 5 has a lot to do with the lack of screening.  You want to get right to the edge of the crease, but if the goalie is already  there, if not 1-2' outside of the crease, then where do you go?  

You stay the Diddle right there in front of him.  You don't ever move from the edge of the crease - ever.  What we did was give him a direct line of site on 95% of the shots we took - and he's all world, he can stop what he can see and he can stop what he's in position for in relation to his defenders, what he can't stop is if player make a beeline to the net and stand right in front of him, because it's not only our players, it's the defender (s) that follow that end up doing the screening as well.

Look no further than Wiercioch's goal, where he literally had to change position to even see an opening for a split second for all the people in front of Price.

Why they deviated from that, I'll really never understand.

Yeah, but standing that far out anything you deflect goes wide, most likely, plus you run the risk of making contact and getting an interference call.

I think the problem is they were not quick enough.

211Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 05, 2015 7:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No it should of been strategie one. Have a body on the PP right in front of the net. If anything it keeps one or two opponent players busy on him and two gets the play ready. Even if you can't get right in front of price he's gonna have to move behind you the minute the puck passes to the other side. Nope. Badly executed game 6.

212Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed May 06, 2015 9:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They're not gonna call you for goalie interference if you're not in the blue paint. Why? Because every single successful team does it and it's not a penalty.

That's gonna haunt me for the summer...

Such a missed opportunity.

213Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 14 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed May 06, 2015 9:46 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

does anyone else not care about any of these games anymore? I have zero interest in hockey right now

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum