GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

+13
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
spader
TheAvatar
Vandelay
Flo The Action
NEELY
wprager
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 29]

106Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:27 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star

LeCaptain wrote:It's not Crosby, it's not Malkin. Not Fleury either. The real story in Pittsburgh is they can't draft and develop to save their lives. About as bad as Toronto.
Tell me which impact player came out of their system since Jordan Staal 9 years ago. I'll pay your Game 6 tickets if you find one.
I think Muzzin is the one that comes even close, and he's not even there anymore.

The only possible examples in the last 5 years are Despres, who is good but very far from great (Boro-ish) and Maata (far better example of a top player).

Maata is the only guy there that could conceivably have a significant impact on a season. He doesn't seem to be there yet, but who knows?

Either way, ya, looking through their draft lists does not make for easy reading.

In other news, Cheering Go Sens. Kermit

107Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:45 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:It's not Crosby, it's not Malkin. Not Fleury either. The real story in Pittsburgh is they can't draft and develop to save their lives. About as bad as Toronto.
Tell me which impact player came out of their system since Jordan Staal 9 years ago. I'll pay your Game 6 tickets if you find one.
I think Muzzin is the one that comes even close, and he's not even there anymore.

The only possible examples in the last 5 years are Despres, who is good but very far from great (Boro-ish) and Maata (far better example of a top player).

Maata is the only guy there that could conceivably have a significant impact on a season. He doesn't seem to be there yet, but who knows?

Either way, ya, looking through their draft lists does not make for easy reading.

In other news, Cheering Go Sens. Kermit
they did just change management recently so it will be hard to tell which way this boat goes. i'm not aware of how many changes were made internally when rutherford came in and if they brought a whole different scouting staff. he's got to be already a little under the gun now. he was brought in to win now so we'll see.

108Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:51 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Exactly. They had two generational players fall into their lap and they have only won 1 cup in a decade when they should have won 3, maybe 4.

For every Toews you need a Saad. For every Kopitar you need a Brown. You need depth and help around you, 2 players only gets you so far.

They are 2 year from being out of the playoffs on a regular basis and I don't think there is any avoiding it on their end. They are also missing a lot of picks and have missed a lot of picks going for the cup so their organization is in a lot of trouble.

109Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Funny because The Name Dropper said the Penguins basically had enough NHL ready prospects to ice a 2nd playoff calibre team.

110Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Exactly.  They had two generational players fall into their lap and they have only won 1 cup in a decade when they should have won 3, maybe 4.

For every Toews you need a Saad.  For every Kopitar you need a Brown.  You need depth and help around you, 2 players only gets you so far.

They are 2 year from being out of the playoffs on a regular basis and I don't think there is any avoiding it on their end.  They are also missing a lot of picks and have missed a lot of picks going for the cup so their organization is in a lot of trouble.
the best they could do at this point is probably part ways with Malkin. The return would still be massive and you could do a quick overall. or at least that's a better gamble than business as usual.

111Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:01 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would be so careful trading for Malkin. A lot of miles on him, huge cap hit for a long, long time, and he's probably peaked as an NHLer. IMO he will likely get a Nash like return... top 6 guys, potential top 6 guys, 1st rounder, good prospect.

112Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I would be so careful trading for Malkin.   A lot of miles on him, huge cap hit for a long, long time, and he's probably peaked as an NHLer.  IMO he will likely get a Nash like return... top 6 guys, potential top 6 guys, 1st rounder, good prospect.
makes a whole lot of sense for pitts. they could get a very good NHL d-man in a return. they also could get a great prospect back also. and parlay a 1st round pick for a good player also.
seriously for them it makes so much sense. plus they don't have problems attracting FA.
that is a trade quite a few contenders would consider.

113Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:17 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The NHL has tried hard with their scheduling, but today they had a chance for the quadruple header and are ending up with three games overlapping each other. Good effort though.

Three series could end today. Isles Caps this afternoon will be a blood bath, as will Nucks Flames tonight. It's a glorious time to be alive.

114Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:19 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I like their scheduling today... you can't predict how long a game will actually go with OT's so picking this apart today is a step a little too far. It's pretty good.

115Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:21 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As I said...pretty good effort. I just wish I could watch more of the afternoon games.

116Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:19 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Man that 2nd NYI goal was just terrible D on WAS's part. I mean, pre-season stuff. Eeesh.

117Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:26 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

See ya Canucks...again.

Good to see the Isles force Game 7. That series has been great. Detroit might ruin a lot people's pools.

118Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:47 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Vancouver getting bounced is a just outcome. They are not a very good team and I have no idea how they made it in the West. Calgary deserves everything they have gotten and I can jump on board that band wagon a little. They have done things the right way there, no tanking, playing hard, developing players, drafting well, and smart decisions up top.

119Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Vancouver getting bounced is a just outcome.  They are not a very good team and I have no idea how they made it in the West.  Calgary deserves everything they have gotten and I can jump on board that band wagon a little.  They have done things the right way there, no tanking, playing hard, developing players, drafting well, and smart decisions up top.

I wonder how close Giordano is to coming back. He had the surgery back in early March and it was supposed to be done for the season. Then a bit later they said they'd have to go deep for him to have any chance of returning this season. I remember the early prognosis on Kane were that it could be late in round 2 or even round 3, yet here he is with 2 goals helping the Hawks advance to round 2. About 10 days ago Giordano was skating amid reports that his recovery is going better than initially expected.

120Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:09 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Crazy series' for the most part. We get two game 6s today, one 6 and one 7 tomorrow, and then at least one more game 7 on Tuesday!

121Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just one sweep. Parity.

122Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's most important is my predictions were all correct so far although number of games were off on some.

- Unknown Author

123Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:28 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Awful goal on Jake Allen. Chances of trade with Ottawa increasing every day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum