GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
spader
Vandelay
asq2
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
dennycrane
Ev
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
tim1_2
PTFlea
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I'd like to think that Phillips can still help, but not playing on the top pairing. Recall that when they first put him with Karlsson and he was playing 23+ minutes he was pretty good. It just didn't last. I think he can still come in and play well as a third pairing guy. Not back to back, and maybe not even all games in a series but still able to contribute in smaller doses.

Neil is in the same boat, it may have some trade value, especially with a good showing in the playoffs.

As Brad Bird likes to say, use every part of the buffalo.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Don't see why you would ever think of putting Phillips into an NHL game for the Sens ever again.  Seriously.  There are 8-10 guys in the organization that are just better at this point.  You feel for the guy after all he's given the team and city but the Sens turned it around when Phillips stopped playing.

The Philler feels for you as well, old friend.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Don't see why you would ever think of putting Phillips into an NHL game for the Sens ever again.  Seriously.  There are 8-10 guys in the organization that are just better at this point.  You feel for the guy after all he's given the team and city but the Sens turned it around when Phillips stopped playing.

I've said that a few times to friends and my wife. I can't see him ever getting into the lineup again. He's not better than any of the 7 guys above him right now, he's just not. If I were him, I'd think about asking for a move somewhere soon.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:

I've said that a few times to friends and my wife.  I can't see him ever getting into the lineup again.  He's not better than any of the 7 guys above him right now, he's just not.  If I were him, I'd think about asking for a move somewhere soon.

I think he can be better than Cowen in certain situations.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Who still wants Philips and Neil back next year?

Phillips has retired. The man barely missed a game over his whole career and now he's out for this long with an "injury?"

As for Neil, he absolutely should be back, preferably in time to face the Habs in the playoffs.

No need for either player.

I agree. These players aren't necessary.

Kind of sad to see two players with letters in their jersey being hardly missed on the ice.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neil would be welcomed back. He could replace Chiasson and add something to the lineup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Neil would be welcomed back.  He could replace Chiasson and add something to the lineup.

Neil or Greening could replace Chiasson. That guy needs to regroup and figure out how he scored six goals in his first six games in this league.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Neil would be welcomed back.  He could replace Chiasson and add something to the lineup.

Sure. Or Lazar.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Sure. Or Lazar.

Lazar is on the third line. Why would you move him down to replace Chiasson?

Sarcasm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Does anyone know the rest of the Hamburglar story? We know how he was cut in Junior A and how he had a bad college start and how his AHL numbers are mediocre... But what about how he ended being signed by Ottawa? Why this guy? Somebody must have saw something in him to give him a contract. I haven't seen this reported anywhere.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Does anyone know the rest of the Hamburglar story? We know how he was cut in Junior A and how he had a bad college start and how his AHL numbers are mediocre... But what about how he ended being signed by Ottawa? Why this guy? Somebody must have saw something in him to give him a contract. I haven't seen this reported anywhere.

His Bowling Green coach was interviewed on TSN1200 -- worth a listen.
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/bergeron-hammond-has-always-been-cool-under-pressure-1.233923

Said how his start was not great, he was overweight, for one. But they were an 11th place team and somehow he managed to get them to the quarter finals or some such. So there was something there.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Our playoff odds right now are 37.7%.

Our new odds depending on what happens tonight:

Win regulation: 50.4%

Win OT: 44.2%

Win SO: 43.2%

Lose regulation: 20.5%

Lose OT: 28.2%

Lose SO: 28.3%

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Off goes Zack Smith to Bingo on a conditioning stint.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Odds Shmods. Just. WIN!

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big boost for the B-Sens:

Sens communications ‏@Media_Sens 3m3 minutes ago

Roster update: The #Sens have assigned forward Zack Smith to Binghamton on a conditioning assignment. cc: @BSens_Hockey

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Zack Smith = WIN!

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Zack Smith = WIN!

I think they've already missed the playoffs. Better tank to get a higher draft pick.

Sarcasm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Zack Smith = WIN!

I think they've already missed the playoffs.  Better tank to get a higher draft pick.

Sarcasm

I seriously wouldn't bet against Smith having a good run in the AHL. We're gonna find out how hungry he is pretty soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum