GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
spader
Vandelay
asq2
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
dennycrane
Ev
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
tim1_2
PTFlea
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Rumours abound that it's his hand again and he may be opting for surgery.  Just a rumour though at this point.
What is the surgical procedure for a bone bruise?

I dunno I'm not a doctor.

I believe there's a doctor here somewhere.

All my prescriptions involved JD and Byron poems, alas....

Byron? I thought Emma had the exclusive rights to all things Byron.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

In the immortal words of Lilly von Schtupp:

They start with Byron and Shelley then jump on your belly and bust your balloons. Oy!

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Rumours abound that it's his hand again and he may be opting for surgery.  Just a rumour though at this point.

A heart transplant?

Laughing3

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

I dunno I'm not a doctor.

I believe there's a doctor here somewhere.

All my prescriptions involved JD and Byron poems, alas....

Byron? I thought Emma had the exclusive rights to all things Byron.

I finished my PhD and got my book published years before her, so I win! :crossarms:

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Gregger out "at least a week."

more to come

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:The Gregger out "at least a week."

more to come

He's out until the Sens are out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Probably deserves to be in the general Sens thread:

Craig Anderson: 14 wins
Andrew Hammond: 11 wins
Robin Lehner: 9 wins

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boston loses in the SO!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I loved hearing the Team 1200 hacks say over and over again "Hey, we all know this is gonna end..." regarding our beloved Hamburglar, specially Steve Lloyd, and thinking to myself "you jacka$$es don't know a damn thing." And here we are.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Who still wants Philips and Neil back next year?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If we make the playoffs I still have hope those two can be impact players during a playoff run.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Who still wants Philips and Neil back next year?

Phillips has retired. The man barely missed a game over his whole career and now he's out for this long with an "injury?"

As for Neil, he absolutely should be back, preferably in time to face the Habs in the playoffs.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ideally a package of Hoffman/Smith/Cowen or Wiercioch for a bonafide top liner can be made so we upagrade and at the same time clear some logjam

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Who still wants Philips and Neil back next year?

Phillips has retired. The man barely missed a game over his whole career and now he's out for this long with an "injury?"

As for Neil, he absolutely should be back, preferably in time to face the Habs in the playoffs.

No need for either player.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Don't see why you would ever think of putting Phillips into an NHL game for the Sens ever again. Seriously. There are 8-10 guys in the organization that are just better at this point. You feel for the guy after all he's given the team and city but the Sens turned it around when Phillips stopped playing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd like to think that Phillips can still help, but not playing on the top pairing. Recall that when they first put him with Karlsson and he was playing 23+ minutes he was pretty good. It just didn't last. I think he can still come in and play well as a third pairing guy. Not back to back, and maybe not even all games in a series but still able to contribute in smaller doses.

Neil is in the same boat, it may have some trade value, especially with a good showing in the playoffs.

As Brad Bird likes to say, use every part of the buffalo.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Don't see why you would ever think of putting Phillips into an NHL game for the Sens ever again.  Seriously.  There are 8-10 guys in the organization that are just better at this point.  You feel for the guy after all he's given the team and city but the Sens turned it around when Phillips stopped playing.

The Philler feels for you as well, old friend.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Don't see why you would ever think of putting Phillips into an NHL game for the Sens ever again.  Seriously.  There are 8-10 guys in the organization that are just better at this point.  You feel for the guy after all he's given the team and city but the Sens turned it around when Phillips stopped playing.

I've said that a few times to friends and my wife. I can't see him ever getting into the lineup again. He's not better than any of the 7 guys above him right now, he's just not. If I were him, I'd think about asking for a move somewhere soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum