GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Hurricanes @ Sens - Saturday, Jan 17th, 7:00pm, CITY, TVA2

+4
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Oh that, yeah whatever.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Greening, Smith, Phillips, Wiercioch, BoroCop, Legwand, and Michalek aren't the big problems.  Yeah, maybe a bit more production out of those guys could've landed us an extra win or two...the main problems are the lack of and inconsistent production out of our top players.  Turris, ZBad, MacArthur, and even Karlsson need to be better.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Greening, Smith, Phillips, Wiercioch, BoroCop, Legwand, and Michalek aren't the big problems.  Yeah, maybe a bit more production out of those guys could've landed us an extra win or two...the main problems are the lack of and inconsistent production out of our top players.  Turris, ZBad, MacArthur, and even Karlsson need to be better.

Combination of Methot's injury and Phillips' regression and MacLean's desperation (he honestly though Phillips was his best option and it's not like Cowen or Wiercioch were any better to start off the season, and Borowiecki was viewed as too green).

Michalek is on pace for 10 goals if he stays healthy. The $$ he's getting says they were counting on 20-25. The money they gave Greening was for 10-12 goals. He's on pace for 1 point in 20 games (he's not seeing another game for the Sens in the NHL). Smith was counted on for about the same.

When Da Costa scored 2 goals and added 3 assists in 22 games in 2011-12 he was rewarded with two years in Bingo. Greening has one assist!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Greening, Smith, Phillips, Wiercioch, BoroCop, Legwand, and Michalek aren't the big problems.  Yeah, maybe a bit more production out of those guys could've landed us an extra win or two...the main problems are the lack of and inconsistent production out of our top players.  Turris, ZBad, MacArthur, and even Karlsson need to be better.

Absolutely.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Turris, ZBad, MacArthur, and even Karlsson need to be better.

They expected Turris and Zibanejad to both up their game and replace Spezza. That was a bit unfair. They are better defensively but neither one is going to replace the offense. Would be nice if they improved their puck possession/retention/retrieval, though. Stone has a knack for getting the puck back, those two could help their cause by winning a few more face offs. It'll come.

MacArthur's production is very much dependent on Turris. It's no surprised that this is now the Sens' second line. Perhaps the insistence on putting Chiasson out there is not helping. Not sure what they are trying to do there -- prove that they won the trade in the first season? That line did much better with Stone.

Karlsson's lack of production is a direct result of having to do the work of two when paying with Phillips.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Absolutely.

Agreed. I think ZBad is proving that he's still got a lot of untapped potential, but he isn't there yet. I do love that the Hoff/ZB/BFR line seems to be taking over the top spot, but it would be nice if they proved that they're a legit top line.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum