GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Hurricanes @ Sens - Saturday, Jan 17th, 7:00pm, CITY, TVA2

+4
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Everyone's on the tank bus. There's just some dreamers that think they're somewhere else. Not to worry though, they'll snap out of it once the math catches up to them Smile

The math already caught up to us. Ie. the sum of the player salaries on this team.  You get what you pay for.

GDT: Hurricanes @ Sens - Saturday, Jan 17th, 7:00pm, CITY, TVA2 - Page 2 852933671

Replace Phillips with no-one (he's our 8th as it is).  Replace Michalek with Prince.  Replace Greening with Robinson.  Replace Smith with Peumpel.  

Chances are we have a better record if these changes were done early on.  So you *can* have a better team for even less salary.
Be careful now. You're talking about guys with little to no NHL experience. I have serious doubts about throwing a bunch of youth on the ice and expecting better results. Like the isles of years ago. They might have the talent but it doesn't translate right away when they make the jump.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Everyone's on the tank bus. There's just some dreamers that think they're somewhere else. Not to worry though, they'll snap out of it once the math catches up to them Smile

The math already caught up to us. Ie. the sum of the player salaries on this team.  You get what you pay for.

GDT: Hurricanes @ Sens - Saturday, Jan 17th, 7:00pm, CITY, TVA2 - Page 2 852933671

Replace Phillips with no-one (he's our 8th as it is).  Replace Michalek with Prince.  Replace Greening with Robinson.  Replace Smith with Peumpel.  

Chances are we have a better record if these changes were done early on.  So you *can* have a better team for even less salary.
Be careful now. You're talking about guys with little to no NHL experience. I have serious doubts about throwing a bunch of youth on the ice and expecting better results. Like the isles of years ago. They might have the talent but it doesn't translate right away when they make the jump.

Thank you.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Phillips and Greening are healthy scratches most nights. If they didn't make $5M+ between the two of them they would not even be in the lineup. Lower the payroll by $5M and Karlsson plays with Boro and Wiercioch more. His numbers are better playing with anyone else then Phillips.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, the map is folded back up, the tank bus is all gassed up and we should be back on the road any minute, now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What a wet fart of a game.  We should've won...Khudobin played pretty well for them.  Once again though, we just don't quite have the talent to finish more of those chances we had.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

When was the last time we won back to back games? No consistency in our game. Think I officially threw in the towel last night

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:When was the last time we won back to back games?  No consistency in our game.  Think I officially threw in the towel last night
Enjoy this team for what it is. Young and improving, getting better structurally but missing some finish. They are definitely entertaining but the playoffs have been gone for awhile.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:When was the last time we won back to back games?  No consistency in our game.  Think I officially threw in the towel last night

Yeah. Not much to cheer for. Only disappointment and shame remains.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No shame on beating the Habs.  Now if we could only draft higher than the Leafs without finishing lower.  Lottery or draft floor deal.

Last edited by wprager on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Ya, no offense Prags, but getting more inexperienced probably isn't the "make the team better" move that you think it is. What do Prince, Robinson, and Peumpel have in common? Zero games of NHL experience.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

If the tank bus is really just the "cheer for your team to lose" bus, then I'm nowhere near it. The playoffs are basically not happening, but that doesn't mean I'll cheer for losses. I don't care if we're in a 10-team tie for 11th overall and a loss moves us 10 spots up in the draft order. I won't cheer for them to lose.

GoSensGo!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Ya, no offense Prags, but getting more inexperienced probably isn't the "make the team better" move that you think it is. What do Prince, Robinson, and Peumpel have in common? Zero games of NHL experience.

If you keep Phillips away from Karlsson you get a better top pairing. Numbers show that both Borowiecki and even Wiercioch were significantly better options for that top pairing. When Boro went down we'd be able to see what Claesson is like in a few games.

Greening has 1 assist in 20 games. He's not hitting, he's not blocking shots. I have no idea what happened to him but it happened overnight. If you replace Greening and Smith with AHL callups you end up playing your top-9 more. I don't mind those guys starting with just 5 minutes of ice time and working their way up.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:If you keep Phillips away from Karlsson you get a better top pairing.

Wrong.

wprager wrote:Numbers show that both Borowiecki and even Wiercioch were significantly better options for that top pairing.

Wrong.

wprager wrote: If you replace Greening and Smith with AHL callups you end up playing your top-9 more.

Pure speculation and probably wrong.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nothing to back your assertions so I'm just going to ignore them as argumentative ramblings of an argumentative arguer.

Who just happens to be wrong.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Nothing to back your assertions so I'm just going to ignore them as argumentative ramblings of an argumentative arguer.

Who just happens to be wrong.

I have more to back my assertions than you have to back your incorrect statements. Primarily an established record of being right.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh that, yeah whatever.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Greening, Smith, Phillips, Wiercioch, BoroCop, Legwand, and Michalek aren't the big problems.  Yeah, maybe a bit more production out of those guys could've landed us an extra win or two...the main problems are the lack of and inconsistent production out of our top players.  Turris, ZBad, MacArthur, and even Karlsson need to be better.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Greening, Smith, Phillips, Wiercioch, BoroCop, Legwand, and Michalek aren't the big problems.  Yeah, maybe a bit more production out of those guys could've landed us an extra win or two...the main problems are the lack of and inconsistent production out of our top players.  Turris, ZBad, MacArthur, and even Karlsson need to be better.

Combination of Methot's injury and Phillips' regression and MacLean's desperation (he honestly though Phillips was his best option and it's not like Cowen or Wiercioch were any better to start off the season, and Borowiecki was viewed as too green).

Michalek is on pace for 10 goals if he stays healthy. The $$ he's getting says they were counting on 20-25. The money they gave Greening was for 10-12 goals. He's on pace for 1 point in 20 games (he's not seeing another game for the Sens in the NHL). Smith was counted on for about the same.

When Da Costa scored 2 goals and added 3 assists in 22 games in 2011-12 he was rewarded with two years in Bingo. Greening has one assist!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum