GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Hurricanes @ Sens - Saturday, Jan 17th, 7:00pm, CITY, TVA2

+4
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If our faint playoff hopes are to remain intact, this is another of those "must win" games. I imagine we'll see Anderson for the good guys, and it'll be Khudobin for the Canes. It's tough to imagine we'll see any lineup changes from Thursday.

It'll be interesting to see how Turris and Mac respond after riding the bench most of the 3rd period against the Habs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tank bus is still over by the side of the road. Just checking the map, right now. No mechanical problems, yet.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No trades to help us win this and future games?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think we're getting the Staal boys while they're in town. Going the other way? ZBad and Turdis.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I think we're getting the Staal boys while they're in town. Going the other way?  ZBad and Turdis.

LET's DO IT!!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Save on travel costs with them already in town. #budget

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Should win, must win = typically lose

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Save on travel costs with them already in town. #budget

Smart spending?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Everyone's on the tank bus. There's just some dreamers that think they're somewhere else. Not to worry though, they'll snap out of it once the math catches up to them Smile

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Everyone's on the tank bus. There's just some dreamers that think they're somewhere else. Not to worry though, they'll snap out of it once the math catches up to them Smile

The math already caught up to us. Ie. the sum of the player salaries on this team. You get what you pay for.

GDT: Hurricanes @ Sens - Saturday, Jan 17th, 7:00pm, CITY, TVA2 852933671

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I think we're getting the Staal boys while they're in town. Going the other way?  ZBad and Turdis.

ZBad, ZGood and ZUgly.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Everyone's on the tank bus. There's just some dreamers that think they're somewhere else. Not to worry though, they'll snap out of it once the math catches up to them Smile

The math already caught up to us. Ie. the sum of the player salaries on this team.  You get what you pay for.

Replace Phillips with no-one (he's our 8th as it is). Replace Michalek with Prince. Replace Greening with Robinson. Replace Smith with Peumpel.

Chances are we have a better record if these changes were done early on. So you *can* have a better team for even less salary.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The math already caught up to us. Ie. the sum of the player salaries on this team.  You get what you pay for.

Replace Phillips with no-one (he's our 8th as it is).  Replace Michalek with Prince.  Replace Greening with Robinson.  Replace Smith with Peumpel.  

Chances are we have a better record if these changes were done early on.  So you *can* have a better team for even less salary.
Be careful now. You're talking about guys with little to no NHL experience. I have serious doubts about throwing a bunch of youth on the ice and expecting better results. Like the isles of years ago. They might have the talent but it doesn't translate right away when they make the jump.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Replace Phillips with no-one (he's our 8th as it is).  Replace Michalek with Prince.  Replace Greening with Robinson.  Replace Smith with Peumpel.  

Chances are we have a better record if these changes were done early on.  So you *can* have a better team for even less salary.
Be careful now. You're talking about guys with little to no NHL experience. I have serious doubts about throwing a bunch of youth on the ice and expecting better results. Like the isles of years ago. They might have the talent but it doesn't translate right away when they make the jump.

Thank you.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Phillips and Greening are healthy scratches most nights. If they didn't make $5M+ between the two of them they would not even be in the lineup. Lower the payroll by $5M and Karlsson plays with Boro and Wiercioch more. His numbers are better playing with anyone else then Phillips.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum