GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Flo The Action
NEELY
wprager
LeCaptain
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 17]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:LOoks like they are having a hard time signing Franson. Let's offersheet him just to fcuk up their cap situation

That'd be pretty good. #peskymurray

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m

Large gap in the Leafs arb case with Mark Fraser. Toronto offering $855,000 & Fraser has requested $2 mil.

Wow, that puck to the head must have gone to his head.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Large gap in the Leafs arb case with Mark Fraser. Toronto offering $855,000 & Fraser has requested $2 mil.

I think he was a good player for them last year. My guess is the number ends up closer to the $2M mark than the $855k mark.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

I think he was a good player for them last year. My guess is the number ends up closer to the $2M mark than the $855k mark.

One year, $1.28M -- they settled before the arbitration hearing. $147,500 closer to $855K than $2M Smile

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

One year, $1.28M -- they settled before the arbitration hearing.  $147,500 closer to $855K than $2M Smile

Ya, I thought he'd end up around the 1.5 mark.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Kessel is apparently saying that the Leafs might miss the playoffs this year. Awesome. Story is on The Score.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hahaha, wow, actually? That's not a good thing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Kessel is apparently saying that the Leafs might miss the playoffs this year. Awesome. Story is on The Score.
Maybe he'll grow his hair long, now. Clearly he wants out of Leafs Nation.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He didn't say that. He just said what every other player says.

"It's a little easier to make the playoffs (in a 48-game season). And now we have this new division, which makes it real tough," Kessel said. "We have a tough team, Detroit, that comes in, and it's gonna be tough to make the playoffs this year. It really is. We have a real good team." Kessel noted the league's new division setup and playoff seeding processes, which are incredibly convoluted. "It's just different, so I'm not sure what's gonna actually to happen. We're a good team, right? We should be there, but you could miss it easily, being a good team," Kessel said. As for teammate Nazem Kadri, who is unsigned as an RFA, Kessel is hopeful. Maybe a little too hopeful, given Toronto's salary cap situation and Kadri's potential asking price. "I don't think it's a big deal. I think he'll be signed here shortly. If he's not, he'll be (signed) close to camp. I don't know—we don't really talk about that stuff. I give him a hard time once in a while, but it's not a big deal." wrote:

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Unfortunately, nothing to see here.

Does anyone have a link to a good explanation of how the playoff seeding will work now?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Unfortunately, nothing to see here.  

Does anyone have a link to a good explanation of how the playoff seeding will work now?

Top 3 in each division get in... then the next 2 teams with the most points between the conference... ie... One division can have 3 teams get in... and the other division can have 5..

The top 2 teams in the Atlantic will probably be Boston & Detroit.. with Ott, Mtl & Tor fighting for the 3rd spot..

In the Metropolitan division.. the top will be Pitts -- with the Rangers, Islanders, Wash & Columbus fighting it out for the other 2 spots...

Then the tops in points (after the top 3) will be a dogfight to get the final 2 spots..

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OMG!

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 BSsxUb7CMAAw6Va

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:He didn't say that. He just said what every other player says.

It was the "it'll be tough to make the playoffs," "I'm not sure what's going to happen," "we're a good team, right?" and "we might miss," that caught my eye. He seems to be trying to manage expectations. If it was my team, I'd much rather someone guarantee a victory (Alfie then) than say that the team probably won't come back from a tough spot (Alfie now).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Those jerseys....yikes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Leafs still suck!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leafs may be in for a tough ride over the next little while... 3 losses in a row already... and then this...

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 BaSfthGCEAA9Cqq

Burn baby burn.

Heh.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Leafs may be in for a tough ride over the next little while... 3 losses in a row already... and then this...

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 BaSfthGCEAA9Cqq

Burn baby burn.

Heh.
we can only hope.... but who knows, bernier stands on his head...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I wonder if the Sens really wanted to pay Clarkson. The next Bryzgalov

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum