GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Flo The Action
NEELY
wprager
LeCaptain
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 17]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:I was watching a "Pawn Stars" re-run. It's a show about a pawn shop and people come in and attempt, sometimes successfully, to sell items to the shop. The "stars" of "Pawn Stars" are the owners and an employee named "Chum Lee", who looks like a fat Mika Zibanejad.

Anywho, in the background there was some dip$hit wearing a Phaneuf jersey.

Zibanejad's cousin, Matteen Zibanejadrad, looks like a fat Mika Zibanejad

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I was watching a "Pawn Stars" re-run. It's a show about a pawn shop and people come in and attempt, sometimes successfully, to sell items to the shop. The "stars" of "Pawn Stars" are the owners and an employee named "Chum Lee", who looks like a fat Mika Zibanejad.

Not to toot my own horn but the "Chum Lee" comparison is probably 100 times funnier.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe next time, REDACTED.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:

Not to toot my own horn but the "Chum Lee" comparison is probably 100 times funnier.

And now that I've seen a pic of Matteen Zibanejadrad, I'd say the "Chum Lee" comparison is about 100 times more accurate.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Bernier asks for $5.1M. The Leafs offer $2.89M.

The best part of the Leafs offer is that they've offered him $10K less than he made this year. That's a slap in the face, IMO. I hope this ends poorly for the Laffs.

EDIT: Correction! He made $3.4M last year. His AAV was $2.9. Oh man, that's insulting. They've offered him the minimum they could, which is 85% of his previous salary.

Laugh1

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Bernier asks for $5.1M. The Leafs offer $2.89M.

The best part of the Leafs offer is that they've offered him $10K less than he made this year. That's a slap in the face, IMO. I hope this ends poorly for the Laffs.

EDIT: Correction! He made $3.4M last year. His AAV was $2.9. Oh man, that's insulting. They've offered him the minimum they could, which is 85% of his previous salary.

Laugh1

I wrote about it in the general thread but yeah for a super rich team in the hockey mecca, they pulled a pretty cheap move, no? At least the sens offered raises to their players Sarcasm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:

Laugh1

I wrote about it in the general thread but yeah for a super rich team in the hockey mecca, they pulled a pretty cheap move, no?  At least the sens offered raises to their players Sarcasm

It's wonderful. They're going to alienate their top G. Please continue ruining things, Tranna. Clapping

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Laugh1

I wrote about it in the general thread but yeah for a super rich team in the hockey mecca, they pulled a pretty cheap move, no?  At least the sens offered raises to their players Sarcasm

It's wonderful. They're going to alienate their top G. Please continue ruining things, Tranna. Clapping

It's all going according to plan. Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wait, what does Chumlee and Mika's cousin have to do with the Leafs?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Everyone have a look: http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/40/toronto-maple-leafs

The Leafs might have the worst right side in hockey (from F to D).

PAP, Panik, Komarov, Holland, Phaneuf, Polak, Hunwick.

Yeesh. Puking2

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Everyone have a look: http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/40/toronto-maple-leafs

The Leafs might have the worst right side in hockey (from F to D).

PAP, Panik, Komarov, Holland, Phaneuf, Polak, Hunwick.

Yeesh. Puking2
We'll see how things shake out by the start of training camp. I mean the same site has our prospected fourth line of greening, smith and Neil. I'll be damned if that's what shakes out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm dying for some hockey news. Been out of the water for 3 days because a wave nearly tore my arm off and it's beautiful here but there's so much I can do before boredom sets in.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Leafs apparently hired a *fourth* analytics guy.  I guess after the 18-wheeler goes speeding off that cliff they will have lots of stats to show that of course it did.

239Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 16 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:15 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Leafs apparently hired a *fourth* analytics guy.  I guess after the 18-wheeler goes speeding off that cliff they will have lots of stats to show that of course it did.
Did the other guys did not deliver on their promise?

Indeed it is going to be quite the titanic when it sinks. I wonder if it sinks some careers also with it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Leafs apparently hired a *fourth* analytics guy.  I guess after the 18-wheeler goes speeding off that cliff they will have lots of stats to show that of course it did.
Did the other guys did not deliver on their promise?

Indeed it is going to be quite the titanic when it sinks. I wonder if it sinks some careers also with it.

Maybe it's the scorched earth tactic -- hire (burn) all the analytics guys so there aren't any left for the others.

Yeah, I realized how funny that sounded as soon as I wrote it. There will always be more analytics guys.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Really, if you're hiring the right people, this could be a good thing for Ol' Bluey. Time will tell.

242Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 16 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:49 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Really, if you're hiring the right people, this could be a good thing for Ol' Bluey.  Time will tell.

I don't disagree, but hiring *four* sounds a bit over the top. I see analytics as something like a video coach. Never had a need for them before Roger started, now pretty much every team has one. It's just one more tool that the coach can use (analytics could be used by coach, GM and scouts). It's not a substitute for anything, just one more tool. But you don't see any teams carrying four video coaches.

243Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 16 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:31 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Really, if you're hiring the right people, this could be a good thing for Ol' Bluey.  Time will tell.

I don't disagree, but hiring *four* sounds a bit over the top.  I see analytics as something like a video coach.  Never had a need for them before Roger started, now pretty much every team has one.  It's just one more tool that the coach can use (analytics could be used by coach, GM and scouts).  It's not a substitute for anything, just one more tool.  But you don't see any teams carrying four video coaches.

Maybe the Leafs are also looking at inventing new metrics and looking at new ways of interpreting data and not just strictly analyzing stuff the way it's currently being done. If they get some smart minds that can work together, than there is a benefit to them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum