GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Predators @ Senators - Thursday, November 20, 7:30PM (TSN5, RDS2)

+10
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
NEELY
wprager
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Roy won two cups alone, Price is carrying MTL to 1st place in the NHL, Thomas set NHL records for the Bruins in the playoffs, Ward, Quick, both buys who carried their teams.  Don't care how my team wins as long as they win.

Especially when you consider that this was not a 1-0 shootout victory. They gave up the first goal (bad penalty; really bad, surprised he had any ice time after that), came back, built a two-goal lead an then Lehner held that lead.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Just re-watched a few plays. That Volchenkov hit on Turris should have been a penalty. He didn't just hit him right in the numbers but he extended his arms as he did it. True, Turris turns a bit at the last second but that's because he was playing the puck. Also not sure he saw A-Train coming because he came behind from Turris' right and Turris glanced over his left shoulder to look for a pass. Not saying suspendable, but should have been a penalty.

Then with under 2 to go there was a play at the blue line where Borowiecki was hit by Smith. At first I thought it was knee-on-knee (which it was, a bit) but then I saw it again and SMith's stick hit Borowiecki right across the mouth. That's two badly missed calls in the last 3:20. Would have made the finish much less exciting.

Yes, the Preds outshot the Sens, but after that rusty first the Sens owned them in the second and played very evenly in the third, with the exception of the last couple of minutes.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Pretty much. Either way the Sens came out with 2 points against a pretty good team.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anytime you come away with 2 points it's pretty much a win.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

More or less.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah that volchenkov hit was vicious. How was that not a penalty you ask? No idea.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah that volchenkov hit was vicious.  How was that not a penalty you ask?  No idea.

Usually, the one variable in all this is "what jersey are you wearing?" Oh, and "Is Tim Peel the ref or not?"

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The ATrain had 11 hits last night, which sets a record this season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah that volchenkov hit was vicious.  How was that not a penalty you ask?  No idea.

Usually, the one variable in all this is "what jersey are you wearing?" Oh, and "Is Tim Peel the ref or not?"

Unfortunately, yeah. Still, he should probably get a phone call from the league on that one.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There was no injury on the play, so ATrain will get off with zero punishment for that it.  I thought it was borderline.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:There was no injury on the play, so ATrain will get off with zero punishment for that it.  I thought it was borderline.

Everyone should be happy Turris wasn't called for diving.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:There was no injury on the play, so ATrain will get off with zero punishment for that it.  I thought it was borderline.

Laugh1

Too true.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The ATrain had 11 hits last night, which sets a record this season.

It's easy when you cheat.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Man, I was sure glad Boro wasn't called for "Holding the stick":

GAME DAY: Predators @ Senators - Thursday, November 20, 7:30PM (TSN5, RDS2) - Page 8 Captur12

If you review the video you can clearly see that Perron does an upward hack with his stick -- almost a spear -- directly to Boro's face. It was not at all an accident but simply not being in control of his stick. I cannot understand how it was missed given that it took a good 10 seconds to get it out. Can you imaging how badly that could have ended?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum