GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Predators @ Senators - Thursday, November 20, 7:30PM (TSN5, RDS2)

+10
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
NEELY
wprager
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Finally, another game day.

It's Lehner in net for the home team and Carter Hutton for the Preds.

Lines:

MacArthur - Turris - Chiasson
Greening - Legwand - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone
Michalek - Smith - Neil

I'm not entirely sure about the D, but I don't think we'll see Methot back tonight.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, that's funny. I guess I'll remove mine. But I worked hard on that first post so I'll copy it here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

From the other thread:

wprager wrote:It was 8-0 ...

The Preds escaped a scare as they built up an 8-0 lead in their last game, only to give up a flurry of goals in the third to the Leafs, and escaped Toronto with a narrow 9-2 victory. I'd bet Laviolette had a few choice words to say about the near-collapse and the team will be sure to batten down the hatches in the third period when they play the Sens tonight.

The Sens "just" returned home from a Western Conference road trip, so there's that dreaded "first game after a long road trip" scenario brewing as well. Ottawa is hanging on to the last Wildcard spot thanks, in part, to the Predators bend-but-not-break resilience in not giving up a loser point to the Blue Team.

Coach Walrus has the luxury of tweaking the lineup, having lost the previous outing. Up front, the luckless Zach Smith is being moved back to center, and the almost-as-luckless Mika Zibanejad is being moved back to wing. Legwand is moved away from Neil and Smith to center Zibanejad and Ryan. I actually typed that without giggling. Who are we kidding -- this is Paul MacLean. Unless the Sens are up 8-0 and are coasting he's going to shuffle those lines like a Texas Hold'Em dealer.

On the back end, Chris Phillips left practice early and appears to be a game time decision. Methot, who has skated with the team in the last four practice sessions would be the obvious choice to replace #4, except that MacLean has gone on record saying he won't be ready until at least the end of the month. And we know the Ottawa hockey media will hold him to that.

Robin Lehner will get a chance to atone his last two outings as he replaces Anderson behind the mask.

Go Sens Go!!!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You hope to catch the Preds sleeping, resting on Tuesday nights result, and thinking about going home after the game. Would be ideal and I think they might see the backup tonight as well.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:You hope to catch the Preds sleeping, resting on Tuesday nights result, and thinking about going home after the game. Would be ideal and I think they might see the backup tonight as well.

I've officially stopped getting excited when we face a backup. Now it just makes me break out in a cold sweat.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, w/e, don't care what the deal is historically with backups, Rinne is all world.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Preds blew their load last game. We got this

NEELY

Mod
Mod

That's my train of thought too. Come back down to earth game for the Preds I think, if the Sens play a half decent to good game they will win it.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya I am not sure what to expect. We played them well in Nashville and coming off a blow-out win in Toronto and a should-have win in Calgary, I expect this to a be a close, low-scoring game.

I also like the proposed lines for tonight. Good balance up and down the lineup. Hopefully this ignites Ryan and Chiasson gets some greasy chances in the crease.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya I am not sure what to expect. We played them well in Nashville and coming off a blow-out win in Toronto and a should-have win in Calgary, I expect this to a be a close, low-scoring game.

I also like the proposed lines for tonight. Good balance up and down the lineup. Hopefully this ignites Ryan and Chiasson gets some greasy chances in the crease.

TONIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You just confirmed it old friend.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lost to them by one goal last time, and that was before we got a second line.  The Kid Line on home ice should be good for a goal or two.  And Legwand should be all energized with two real wingers.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote: Hopefully this ignites Ryan and Chiasson gets some greasy chances in the crease.

Chiasson is pretty good at getting to the net...I really like his game and think he could do great things if left with Mac and Turris. Hopefully that new 2nd line can have a good showing. Legwand is a really solid veteran C that can put up points. Hopefully his two under-performing linemates are up to that challenge.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Doesn't look like Lazar will play. Greening is with Legwand and Ryan, Zibby in the middle of Stone and Hoffman.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Doesn't look like Lazar will play. Greening is with Legwand and Ryan, Zibby in the middle of Stone and Hoffman.

Well Diddle. Still, the new "kid" line could do alright.

Big opportunity for Greening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum