GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Nashville Predators - 8:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 9th, 2014

+16
DirtyDave
Hobiesens
asq2
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
SensHulk
spader
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispensed wrote:No wonder Pittsburgh traded Neal. What a pathetic diver he is as evidenced again last night.   Not only that but he's one of the dirtiest players around.  

Great hands, ugly player.

Speaking of ugly, I thought Olli Jokinen was ugly without hair...guy should be wearing a full shield just to cover up that mug.

So Cowen is the new Spezza? I thought he and Ceci were our best D in the first, was he okay in the second and then sucked as badly as Karlsson in the third. Rest of the D need to take notes from Ceci...only one game but he looks to be an anomaly in terms of development time for defenseman.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vandelay wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:No wonder Pittsburgh traded Neal. What a pathetic diver he is as evidenced again last night.   Not only that but he's one of the dirtiest players around.  

Great hands, ugly player.

Speaking of ugly, I thought Olli Jokinen was ugly without hair...guy should be wearing a full shield just to cover up that mug.

So Cowen is the new Spezza?  I thought he and Ceci were our best D in the first, was he okay in the second and then sucked as badly as Karlsson in the third.  Rest of the D need to take notes from Ceci...only one game but he looks to be an anomaly in terms of development time for defenseman.  

This is exactly what I thought. Cowen is just a whipping boy and people expect perfection.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No one expects perfection, but the guy just isn't as good as everyone thought he was gonna be by now. Is it because of the surgery? Perhaps, but I'll admit to being nervous as he should be our 3rd best D with the potential to be our 2nd best for the next decade - and I just don't see it.

Used this before and I'll use it again: amazing tools, too bad about the toolbox.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Lazar and Chiasson... fun to watch.

Winning ice hockey matches: funner to watch.

The funnerest.

- Unknown Author

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:No one expects perfection, but the guy just isn't as good as everyone thought he was gonna be by now.  Is it because of the surgery?  Perhaps, but I'll admit to being nervous as he should be our 3rd best D with the potential to be our 2nd best for the next decade - and I just don't see it.

Used this before and I'll use it again: amazing tools, too bad about the toolbox.

He doesn't even have amazing tools though. He'll be good by being steady. He can be our Luke schenn which is good

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:No one expects perfection, but the guy just isn't as good as everyone thought he was gonna be by now.  Is it because of the surgery?  Perhaps, but I'll admit to being nervous as he should be our 3rd best D with the potential to be our 2nd best for the next decade - and I just don't see it.

He doesn't even have amazing tools though. He'll be good by being steady. He can be our Luke schenn which is good

I should have been more specific, as a big, tough, crease-clearing D-man, he had incredible tools.

Yeah, the Philly version of Luke Schenn sounds about right. Probably with a dash of Wade Belak in there as well.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:Also wouldn't be shocked if they tried Cowen on forward Ev tually
Hmmmm.... that would be interesting...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Meh, I guess he couldn't be worse at forward.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispensed wrote:Meh, I guess he couldn't be worse at forward.
I think he could... yep...

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cowen actually reminds me a lot of Phillips early on in his career and if he stays healthy, I see a similar progression.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's possible, anything's possible really. It's also possible when Dorion takes over for good, that he's traded. I see no reason not to at least listen if another team calls.

I'm not advocating trading him at this point, but again, there has to be some cause for concern in his play. Same mistakes over and over and over and over again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Meh, I guess he couldn't be worse at forward.

I'd try Wiercioch there before Cowen. At least he can skate and has good hands.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:That's possible, anything's possible really.  It's also possible when Dorion takes over for good, that he's traded.  I see no reason not to at least listen if another team calls.

I'm not advocating trading him at this point, but again, there has to be some cause for concern in his play.  Same mistakes over and over and over and over again.

I've been advocating a trade for months.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum