GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
Hoags
22_4_ever
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
rooneypoo
shabbs
LeCaptain
wprager
Ev
Flo The Action
NEELY
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who gives a Diddle if spezza goes to Tampa? we WANT to play a guy like him every night. Spezza would ruin what they are building,

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Man, trade his Donkey to MTL or Toronto so we can keep his -10000 alive

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Damn.  I wanted Purcell badly.

You'll be saying that about a lot of players in the coming days and weeks.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

sandysensfan wrote:Did Tampa win the Stastny sweepstakes?

I don't want Spezza going to Tampa - the Sens already sent a Vezina candidate.

Would Murray trade him to the East before making sure none of the Western teams can give a decent return?  Wouldn't the East have to give up a really good return to get him?

Who gives a f*** where he's traded? If the Sens and Murray are getting a less than stellar return because he refuses to deal him within division than he's not doing his damn job. Spezza isn't going to light up anyone, anymore.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Heh. SpezzD has love for everyone...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Heh. SpezzD has love for everyone...

Purcell was given away for cap space. You'd think a team that has tons, like Ottawa, could've had that guy in a less complicated deal. I wonder if we'll see such a trade happen for Ottawa?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Stephen Whyno @SWhyno
#TBLightning to buy out Sam Gagner as long as he clears waivers, team says. #Oilers

Sounds like they don't need that anymore.  Gagner to Arizona for draft picks apparently.
that might kill any interest coyotes have in spezza. great more suitors gone...  Facepalm 
one of those players is not like the other.  

Sesame Street made it challenging for 4-year-olds by showing 4 things/persons/items. You've got a list of *two* so picking one that's not like the other is something even a Leafs fan could do 2 out of 3 tries.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:feels good to see something that resembles a 3 way trade. hadn't seen one of those in a long time.

now if we could orchestrate a multi player and multi team trade for spezza....

I once saw my 4 year-old niece taking eggs out of the fridge, handing them to her 2-year-old brother who gleefully dropped them to the floor. That was not a "three-way-trade" either.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:Did Tampa win the Stastny sweepstakes?

I don't want Spezza going to Tampa - the Sens already sent a Vezina candidate.

Would Murray trade him to the East before making sure none of the Western teams can give a decent return?  Wouldn't the East have to give up a really good return to get him?

Definitely a possibility, but $5.6M is not enough. I read somewhere they were at $58 with a 16-man roster. That leaves $11M for 5 players, give or take. Don't think Stastny will move for under $8M, which leaves $3M for 4 players. That's tight. No room for injuries, or do they have a LTIR candidate?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wonder if the $2M drop in cap space has altered a few GMs plans... $71M to $69M can make quite a difference...

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Latest news on Twitter has

1) Volchenkov being bought out
2) Gleason being bought out
3) MTL trying to trade Gorges to TOR, but Gorges nixing the deal. MTL trying to shed Gorges regardless, it seems.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like gorges. Would love him here.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He's a depreciating asset. Started to look really weak during the last playoffs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Meh. He's still young and can play an excellent 2nd pairing role IMO.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:He's a depreciating asset. Started to look really weak during the last playoffs.

Just like Statspadzza. One for one swap?!?!?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I like gorges.  Would love him here.

He has a NTC and gives Mtl 15 teams he will accept a trade to. As per Bob MacKenzie, all those 15 teams are in the US.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Meh.  He's still young and can play an excellent 2nd pairing role IMO.

Remember when we traded VOlchie? He was 2 years younger than Gorges is today.
You can only block so much shots in one career IMO.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's so upset, wow. Says he's in shock.

Montreal wants Boyle apparently, so I guess they're shipping out gorges to sign Boyle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum