GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predict Spezza's return

+14
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
Hoags
shabbs
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
spader
sandysensfan
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

16Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:10 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Nashville on Spezza's NTL according to Dreger.  So we know he won't be going to Nashville, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Winnipeg.  I would probably throw Buffalo in there too along with NYI.

I saw this tweet:

FLA, CBJ, NSH, NYI all apparently on Jason Spezza's no-trade list, per Dreger.

So if the Canadian rumors were correct, it would be:

FLA
CBJ
NSH
NYI
CGY
EDM
VAN
WPG

at least

Buffalo and Carolina to round it out maybe?

17Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and now they're getting ripped by people like Yost for not trading him in-conference

18Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:23 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Buffalo for sure... Who knows what the 10th is.  He can leave every team in the division too for the most part as the Sens won't trade him there.

19Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:26 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:and now they're getting ripped by people like Yost for not trading him in-conference

Honest to God, I have never seen a fan base with a bigger set of complainers, whiners, bit*hes, and just completely out to lunch fans as people who cheer for the Sens.  It's to the point where it's unbearable.

On that note, Sandy, you will read this.  You post enough negative opinions on other sites, from here on out it's time to find the positives about the Sens going into the draft and next season.  This site will not be littered with garbage negativity with absolutely nothing but tinfoil hat opinions to back it up at this point.

20Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle Yost is a pain in the Donkey.

Why did Spezza put Nashville on his list? I mean...

21Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:and now they're getting ripped by people like Yost for not trading him in-conference
 Facepalm

Send him out West ideally... but if there's a deal that's too good to turn down from the East... gotta consider it, and I'm sure Murray would.

22Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

At least Sandy's coming around though, it's infuriating that people are ripping the team and Melnyk before he's even allowed to spend lol. I mean...what do they want him to do right now? Sign Spezza even though his coach and GM disagree? What kind of fools do we have as fans?

23Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:At least Sandy's coming around though, it's infuriating that people are ripping the team and Melnyk before he's even allowed to spend lol.  I mean...what do they want him to do right now?  Sign Spezza even though his coach and GM disagree?  What kind of fools do we have as fans?

Who said that? The only "foolish" thing I've heard is that Melnyk is a cheap Diddle and it cost us Alfie, for starters. And it did.

24Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:At least Sandy's coming around though, it's infuriating that people are ripping the team and Melnyk before he's even allowed to spend lol.  I mean...what do they want him to do right now?  Sign Spezza even though his coach and GM disagree?  What kind of fools do we have as fans?

Who said that? The only "foolish" thing I've heard is that Melnyk is a cheap Diddle and it cost us Alfie, for starters. And it did.

No one said it outright, it's pretty obvious though.

What would you do? Strip Spezza of the captaincy - because he sucked as captain - then try to re-sign him? Why bother? Trade him for assets and continue to build this team. Murray didn't come into the league yesterday, he knows where it's at.

And you think MacLean wants Spezza back? One of the things a captain is supposed to do is relay the messages the coaching staff has for the players. Did it look like Spezza did that? Did it look like Spezza gave a Dung what MacLean wanted?

That's captain material alright.

25Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:40 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

My impression was that they'd "prefer" to trade him to the West, if someone in the East made a killer offer I don't think they'd say no.

That's pretty typical.

26Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:41 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:

We'll see how cheap Melnyk is when it matters... if Ryan and MacArthur both walk then I will jump on that ship with you about the budget but until then IMO it's been solid managerial decisions thus far.  Alfie was more than money and everyone knows that.

Hemsky leaving, big deal.  Spezza getting traded is 100% the right move for so many reasons.  If Methot moves it's because he isn't worth 5 plus million after this year, if Anderson moves it's because Lehner is ready.  Ryan and MacArthur not being resigned would be a stake through the heart of the organization though.

27Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:42 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

No one said it outright, it's pretty obvious though.

What would you do?  Strip Spezza of the captaincy - because he sucked as captain - then try to re-sign him?  Why bother?  Trade him for assets and continue to build this team.  Murray didn't come into the league yesterday, he knows where it's at.

And you think MacLean wants Spezza back?  One of the things a captain is supposed to do is relay the messages the coaching staff has for the players.  Did it look like Spezza did that?  Did it look like Spezza gave a Dung what MacLean wanted?  

That's captain material alright.  

I honestly don't think MacLean likes anybody. Besides, I thought this thread was to "Predict Spezza's return?"

28Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Spezza's return is massively important, but it will be dwarfed in importance if the Senators don't re-sign Ryan and MacArthur. If Ryan isn't signed on July 1st, then there's a major problem and all the doomsday fans might actually have something to cry about.

29Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:52 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Spezza's return is massively important, but it will be dwarfed in importance if the Senators don't re-sign Ryan and MacArthur.  If Ryan isn't signed on July 1st, then there's a major problem and all the doomsday fans might actually have something to cry about.

Before camp opens... July 1 is a pretty busy day.

30Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Spezza's return is massively important, but it will be dwarfed in importance if the Senators don't re-sign Ryan and MacArthur.  If Ryan isn't signed on July 1st, then there's a major problem and all the doomsday fans might actually have something to cry about.

Before camp opens... July 1 is a pretty busy day.

No, no. There's no need to drag it out at all. If it's not done July 1, then at the latest July 3rd. You want to put pen to paper immediately, there's no excuse for them not to have a number in mind and be able to agree on it relatively quickly.

31Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I actually think it's done before we sign any UFA. Not only does it take care of your own, but it shows the NHL and the players who are free agents that we're cutting the fat, but keeping the steak, so come on down.

32Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:07 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I actually think it's done before we sign any UFA.  Not only does it take care of your own, but it shows the NHL and the players who are free agents that we're cutting the fat, but keeping the steak, so come on down.

That's a solid point.

33Predict Spezza's return - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict Spezza's return Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:27 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
No, no.  There's no need to drag it out at all.  If it's not done July 1, then at the latest July 3rd.  You want to put pen to paper immediately, there's no excuse for them not to have a number in mind and be able to agree on it relatively quickly.

Chances are each side has a different number in mind and they'd have to agree on it which may not happen overnight.  I'm guessing term is easy (the max 8).

Amazing that there hasn't been a single leak on the progress(or lack thereof).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum