GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

LAST GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins :: 7:30pm ET :: Sun. Apr. 13th, 2014

+6
spader
Ev
SensHulk
tim1_2
wprager
shabbs
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh. Sens win. Nice.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

well, at least the pick is 11th or 12th pick overall.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

That spezza shootout goal was insane. It's worth repeating for a while. good way to go out, finish strong

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Umm, so that was a winning goal, right? A GWG. Not meaningless, right?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Well it's a higher draft pick.

End on a give game winning streak, why couldn't they do this earlier?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Umm, so that was a winning goal, right? A GWG.  Not meaningless, right?

It was not a GWG

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:That spezza shootout goal was insane. It's worth repeating for a while. good way to go out, finish strong

As I just tweeted, it's the hockey equivalent of Kitty (from Arrested Development) flashing her boobs and saying "It's the last time you'll see these!"

LAST GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins :: 7:30pm ET :: Sun. Apr. 13th, 2014 - Page 6 1024.ArrestedDev4.mh.022013

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Umm, so that was a winning goal, right? A GWG.  Not meaningless, right?

It was not a GWG

You're quoting NHL.com stats. It was a goal that ended the game with a win -- it was a game winning goal in one of the truest definitions. The only thing that would have out-done it is if Turris had missed and Lehner had to stop the third Pittsburgh shooter.

Honestly, with one out of every seven games going to a shootout they need to look for at least counting GWG, if not goals. They counted Gionta's OT winner on the penalty shot -- sure, it's a different situation, but the similarities are there, too.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There are no similarities. A shootout is a farce. A penalty shot is caused by an actual in-game moment.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I guess it's like saying Spezza was "the difference maker" in getting the point. If he wasn't there we wouldn't have won unless someone else scored.
Kind of meaningless, especially with the team long eliminated against opponents who are resting players for the playoffs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:There are no similarities.  A shootout is a farce. A penalty shot is caused by an actual in-game moment.

Don't say stupid things, please, there are similarities.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum