GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators :: 7:30pm ET :: Thu. Feb. 6th, 2014

+11
Flo The Action
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Hobiesens
SensHulk
LeCaptain
PTFlea
tim1_2
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Sens win.

so Do Tor, mtl and det. Diddle off

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
Ev wrote:I have never whipped Cowen, Michalek. Or karlsson

Ryan gets a free pass because he's been everything we asked for for most of the year. Ohri than this simul he was a complete player who was,often our best forward.
You would be the only one then.

Number 2 right here.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Low effort shabbsGDT FTW!

Yeah, everyone won tonight... bah.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Like I said, game against Detroit after the Heritage Classic will be the game of the year.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Spezza to 9mm. 3-2. 20s to go.

That was a great game for both of them. They both needed that.

Also, EK has 15 goals right now.  Ahhhhh! 

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nice game by 9mm. Spezza had a typical game. Puts up points, cost us a goal...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Karlsson during the last 2 mins there was just ridiculous. I mean...seriously, 3 rushes in one shift?  Laugh1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Nice game by 9mm. Spezza had a typical game. Puts up points, cost us a goal...

How? He was on the ice, yes, but so were four other Sens players. And on the tying goal, where was Karlsson? It was Cowen and Turris defensing the crease, neither one doing very effectively.

But it's two points in regulation, doesn't have to be a Picasso every game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Nice game by 9mm. Spezza had a typical game. Puts up points, cost us a goal...

How?  He was on the ice, yes, but so were four other Sens players.  And on the tying goal, where was Karlsson?  It was Cowen and Turris defensing the crease, neither one doing very effectively.

But it's two points in regulation, doesn't have to be a Picasso every game.
Turnover led to the goal...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Don't get me wrong, good game from him tonight.

Team is getting some nice momentum.

Hopefully it continues after the break.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:Karlsson during the last 2 mins there was just ridiculous. I mean...seriously, 3 rushes in one shift?  Laugh1

Unreal.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Spezza creates two goals for every one that he causes against us, I'll consider that a plus. If the Turris line is going cold, Spezza picked a good time to pick it up.

Da Costa's setup to Karlsson's goal was beautiful to watch. It's been a while since we had a legit scoring threat from the 3rd or 4th line, but we might have one now.

Ice time was really spread out among the top 6 forwards.

My man Chris Neil with a big assist on one of Michalek's goals.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Such nice patience with the puck from da costa.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Yost got those rushes from EK on video:

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Yost got those rushes from EK on video:

Generational talent.

Also, hi asq! Long time no see.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Karlsson is turning into the best player in the game again.  Was at the game last night and everyone was in awe.  Sens are so lucky to have Karlsson I don't even think 1/2 the fan base or more really understand it.

Spezza had his best game of the year on both sides of the puck besides the one gaff in his own zone where they ended up getting scored on.  I'll say this about Spezza, when he makes a mistake in his own zone I have no idea how it ends up in the back of the net every single time.

Da Costa is looking super legit. Don't care if he is playing sheltered minutes, playing bad team, w/e, you can tell something has finally clicked in his game and he needed it too. Only question going forward is can he be consistent? Hope so because with that kind of hockey sense and puck skill he could be a really good player.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

All hail Karlsson!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Karlsson is turning into the best player in the game again.  Was at the game last night and everyone was in awe.  Sens are so lucky to have Karlsson I don't even think 1/2 the fan base or more really understand it.

Spezza had his best game of the year on both sides of the puck besides the one gaff in his own zone where they ended up getting scored on.  I'll say this about Spezza, when he makes a mistake in his own zone I have no idea how it ends up in the back of the net every single time.

Da Costa is looking super legit.  Don't care if he is playing sheltered minutes, playing bad team, w/e, you can tell something has finally clicked in his game and he needed it too.  Only question going forward is can he be consistent?  Hope so because with that kind of hockey sense and puck skill he could be a really good player.

I was a little surprised he didn't get a game star. I realize Michalek with two goals was an easy pick, but he scored one 10 seconds into the third, and another with 20 seconds to go. I'm not saying he only payed 30 seconds of the game but Karlsson was much more noticeable out there. Maybe that goal with 20 seconds isn't even scored if Karlsson doesn't have those three rushes on one shift (Nolan probably had to take his best off the ice after those because they were spent chasing EK).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum