GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
SensHulk
Hobiesens
NEELY
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
Hoags
Flo The Action
PTFlea
sandysensfan
Ev
spader
wprager
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

961Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:29 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

It's Game Day, where's shabbs and the GDT?

GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!GAMEDAYGOSENSGO!!!

962Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:32 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

"The city of Ottawa is going to miss him and as teammates of his for so long we miss him too, but he turned the page. We've got to turn the page too."                                      
C. "Win" Neil, October 2013

Red Wings host Senators; Alfredsson faces old team
Tuesday, 10.22.2013 / 7:19 PM
Brian Hunter - NHL.com Staff Writer
SENATORS (3-3-2) at RED WINGS (6-3-1)

TV: TSN, TVA, FS-D

Season series: This is the first of four meetings between the Ottawa Senators and Detroit Red Wings. The New Atlantic Division rivals didn't face each other last season when Detroit was still in the Western Conference. In fact, their most recent matchup was the 2011-12 season opener, when the Red Wings raced to a 5-0 lead behind a goal and an assist from Cory Emmerton before holding off the Senators for a 5-3 win on Oct. 7, 2011.

Big story: Daniel Alfredsson, the former Ottawa captain who played the first 17 seasons and 1,178 games of his career there, faces his old team for the first time. In years past this might've been the only time the Senators and Red Wings met; now that they're division rivals, it's just a dress rehearsal. Alfredsson will see them on three more occasions, including a return to Ottawa on Nov. 23.

"The city of Ottawa is going to miss him and as teammates of his for so long we miss him too, but he turned the page. We've got to turn the page too," Senators forward Chris Neil said. "You don't dwell on it, you just go out, focus on the task at hand and that's to beat the Detroit Red Wings."

Team Scope:

Senators: It's right back on the road for Ottawa, which is tied for the second-fewest home games played at two (the New York Rangers don't play their home opener until Oct. 28). The Senators began the season on a six-game road trip, won their first game at Canadian Tire Centre last Thursday and then went for two in a row Saturday afternoon against the struggling Edmonton Oilers.

The Senators were averaging more than 40 shots against coming into the game, most in the NHL, so it was a good sign holding the Oilers to just 21. However, two of them beat Robin Lehner and a third found the empty net in a 3-1 loss. Neil scored his first of the season for Ottawa.

"I thought it was a solid 60 minutes by our team, probably the best full game that we've played to this point this season," coach Paul MacLean said in the Ottawa Citizen.

Red Wings: There were zeroes all across the stat sheet Monday night when Detroit hosted the West-leading San Jose Sharks at Joe Louis Arena. Jimmy Howard held the visitors off the board through 60 minutes of regulation and five minutes of overtime, but so did his opposition across the way, Antti Niemi.

Both goalies were credited with shutouts, but only one was going to come away with the 1-0 decision. That turned out to be the Sharks and Niemi after Logan Couture scored on Howard in the second round of the shootout.

"I thought we did a good job on their top guys. We didn't give them a lot of room and space. Another thing that was a positive was we didn't give up a lot of odd-man rushes," Howard said. "That's been an Achilles' heel of late for us. We did a great job of keeping the third man high in the offensive zone, making them come 200 feet. We didn't turn pucks over. It's a good sign."

Who's hot: Craig Anderson, the expected starter for the Senators on Wednesday, has stopped 74 of 79 shots (.937 save percentage) in winning his past two starts. … In his second start back from a minor hand injury, Howard recorded his 17th career shutout for the Red Wings.

Injury report: Detroit could get defenseman Niklas Kronwall (concussion) back after a two-game absence. Forward Patrick Eaves (knee/ankle) could make his season debut Saturday against the New York Rangers, but forward Darren Helm (groin) was going for tests and won't be available. Defenseman Jonathan Ericsson (shoulder) is expected to miss 2-3 weeks. ... The Senators report no injuries.

963Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:36 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

"It's more (weird) for him. We're used to seeing one guy move on and play for a different team and play against teammates you've played with. "
J. "Captain Giggles" Spezza, October 2013

Senators-Red Wings Preview

Daniel Alfredsson was more than just the Senators' captain to the people of Ottawa as he became a respected and beloved figure in the city during his 17-season tenure.

That fact has never been lost on the 40-year-old as he thanked the fans and the franchise for the outpouring of support over the years, even when a contract impasse led to his surprising departure for the Detroit Red Wings in the offseason.

He'll face some of his former teammates for the first time Wednesday night as Detroit hosts Ottawa looking to avoid a third straight defeat.

Alfredsson was named captain prior to the 1999-2000 season and helped guide the Senators to their only Stanley Cup finals appearance when they lost to Anaheim in 2007. Contract negotiations stalled on multiple occasions, though, when Alfredsson decided against retirement following the 2012 playoffs.

He played out the final year of his deal last season, and after not receiving his desired offer signed a one-year, $5.5 million contract with Detroit.

Though his departure wasn't exactly pleasant and disappointed many in Ottawa, Alfredsson is experiencing a whirlwind of emotions heading into his first game against his former club.

"I think it will be a relief once the puck drops," Alfredsson said. "There will be a lot of emotion going into the game, but it's a bit exciting, too."

Alfredsson, the Senators' all-time leading scorer by a wide margin, has one goal and a team-best eight assists for the Red Wings (6-3-1). It's been a different experience playing with stars like Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg rather than being the focus of attention with the Senators.

"I miss a lot about Ottawa," Alfredsson said. "There were no questions at the rink about being "the guy." At the same time, I also enjoy not being "the guy" and worrying about myself a little bit more, but it's not something I hide from. It's just two good teams going at it and I hope we can pull out a win."

Jason Spezza is second on Ottawa's all-time scoring list and has a team-high five goals this season. Spezza played 10 seasons with Alfredsson but the Senators' new captain said the team has moved forward.

"It's more (weird) for him," Spezza said. "We're used to seeing one guy move on and play for a different team and play against teammates you've played with. It will be different because it's Alfie, but I think it will be harder for him playing against Ottawa because it's the only place he's ever played."

Alfredsson will have to get used to facing the Senators as the teams meet four times as Atlantic Division rivals, including his return to Ottawa on Dec. 1. For now, he's focused on helping Detroit snap a two-game skid after it fell 1-0 in a shootout to San Jose on Monday.

Jimmy Howard, who went 1-3-0 with a 3.28 goals-against average in his previous four starts, made 27 saves. He's won each of his three career starts while posting a 3.00 GAA against the Senators, who had their two-game winning streak snapped with Saturday's 3-1 loss to Edmonton.

Chris Neil scored for Ottawa (3-3-2), which committed seven penalties. It has taken 19 more penalties than its opponents, by far the league's worst margin.

"Penalties are not something we're going to forget about," Spezza said. "We'll continue to talk about it until we start to take less penalties."

Robin Lehner made 18 saves against the Oilers, but Craig Anderson, who is 3-1-2 with a 2.88 GAA, should be back in net for this contest.

Detroit will have Niklas Kronwall back from a two-game absence due to a concussion, but his defensive partner Jonathan Ericsson is expected to miss two weeks with a partially dislocated shoulder joint suffered in Saturday's 5-2 loss to Phoenix.

The Red Wings have won four straight meetings.

964Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ericksson is out but Kronwall is expected to be back in the lineup. Eaves and Helm, of course, are still out.

Detroit is winless in 2. Turris has cooled off (2 points in 6 games).

965Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:52 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully we can use this as a "statement" game, and turn things around. If I had to bet money tonight, I'd bet on the Wings.

966Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:10 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

6th Sens has an excerpt from Richard Peddie's book:

Peddie also writes of a time after the Ottawa Senators lost a playoff series to the Leafs — Toronto beat Ottawa in four series, between 2000 and 2004 — and the team’s owner was allegedly upset. Peddie claims Senators owner Eugene Melnyk was so upset, in fact, that he “punched a hole in the wall of the visitors’ dressing room” at Air Canada Centre.

The Leafs did not bill the Senators for the damage, according to Peddie.
Hilarious, that's so Eugene.

967Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:20 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:6th Sens has an excerpt from Richard Peddie's book:

Peddie also writes of a time after the Ottawa Senators lost a playoff series to the Leafs — Toronto beat Ottawa in four series, between 2000 and 2004 — and the team’s owner was allegedly upset. Peddie claims Senators owner Eugene Melnyk was so upset, in fact, that he “punched a hole in the wall of the visitors’ dressing room” at Air Canada Centre.

The Leafs did not bill the Senators for the damage, according to Peddie.
Hilarious, that's so Eugene.
Pretty sure there were many holes punched in many walls as a result of those series'. A dark time in Senators history.

968Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:25 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Hopefully we can use this as a "statement" game, and turn things around.  If I had to bet money tonight, I'd bet on the Wings.
Puking2 

969Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:26 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lol notch took another passive aggressive shot at Neely on dobbr about sibanejad being called up

970Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:27 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

his own doing really....shouldn't have mouthed off about how the snes were going to beat the leafs in game 7 in toronto. Just added more bulletin board material for the leafs.

Also scary memories of lalime....that game 7 was just embarrassing.

971Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:48 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Lol notch took another passive aggressive shot at Neely on dobbr about sibanejad being called up
Haha I love it.  Internet sociopath lol.  That dobber forum is a ghost town.

His obsession with me is really weird and I can say this because he is def reading this post lol... you're weird Notch... really weird. You might want to go to a gym, a bar, hell, I would suggest a comicon, something with some sort of real life interaction where you need to talk to people face to face. World of Warcraft doesn't count either as those are not real faces nor are they real people.

Wouldn't be surprised if he showed up at my doorstep one day with a stained t-shirt that said "Hulkamania" and sweat pants with velcro shoes and starts to slap me like Semin.

Last edited by NEELY on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

972Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:52 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Its pretty active but not many sens fans. I only post there out of habit now.

Notch is a sick individual

973Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:53 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Sens currently have two goalies in the top ten for save percentage.

Vertigo 

974Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Sens currently have two goalies in the top ten for save percentage.

Vertigo 
Anderson is tied for 11th: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20142ALLGAGALL&sort=savePercentage&viewName=savePercentageLeaders

975Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:44 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Sens currently have two goalies in the top ten for save percentage.

Vertigo 
As it should be. We have two of the best goalies in the league.

976Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Now is the time to put together a little winning streak. Ducks will be playing their second game in a row and third in 4 days. Third game of their road trip, I believe so the West/East jetlag should be kicking in. Team will be tired after chasing the Smurfs tonight. Who knows, maybe they'll take in some "sights" along Ste. Catherine, but probably not. Hiller is having a decent season (.921) but Fasth is struggling a bit (.877 and 3.33 GAA). Good chance Hiller is not starting three games in 4 nights (and even better if he does).

I guess I'm cautiously optimistic.

977Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:55 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Sharks will also be playing their 3rd in 4 nights, 2nd in less than 24h... don't care how good the Sharks are that is a game that the Sens should win and need to win. Make a statement on Friday and Sunday and then Tuesday you just play hard and hope for the best against the Hawks. If they come out of October with an over 500 record, they win the division.

978Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:00 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Crazy to think Ottawa has already played 20% of their road games for the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum