GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Season Game 4 - Ottawa @ Toronto - Sept 24

+10
Flo The Action
spader
NEELY
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The only budget talk around here should be about wprager skimping on everyday purchases

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Sending Z-Bad back wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, at least in the short term, but yeah, I don't think that'll happen.

I also don't think they'll carry 23 guys all year, since $$$$$$$$$$$.
I believe you're alluding to the budget there.
And it's totally fabricated because MacLean said in an interview they will be taking 23 guys all season long.
BUDGETBUDGETBUDGET

I'll bet you $20 that Ottawa does not have a 23-man roster for the entire season.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Budget - budget - budget - budget (the the tune of "Pageau-Pageau-Pageau-Pageau")

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

#peskybudget

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Sending Z-Bad back wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, at least in the short term, but yeah, I don't think that'll happen.

Makes little difference, you have to pay Hoffman, Da Costa, Kassian etc. the same amount of money in AHL or NHL
Umm...no. No they don't. I believe they have to pay Kass his reg salary, but Hoff and SDC both have AHL salaries.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

And it's totally fabricated because MacLean said in an interview they will be taking 23 guys all season long.
BUDGETBUDGETBUDGET

I'll bet you $20 that Ottawa does not have a 23-man roster for the entire season.
Awaiting a reply.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Heh budget smudget. Team has $52.37M in actual payroll this season, let's see if they get it down to that supposed to $50M set by Melnyk.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

BUDGETBUDGETBUDGET

Awaiting a reply.
23 man thing? I think they go with 23 the majority of the year... the entire season? Tough call with injuries and other things but can't be 100% sure. Entire season would mean every single day which is probably a stretch if there is a healthy lineup and someone just can't get in.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

BUDGETBUDGETBUDGET

Awaiting a reply.
23 man thing? I think they go with 23 the majority of the year... the entire season? Tough call with injuries and other things but can't be 100% sure. Entire season would mean every single day which is probably a stretch if there is a healthy lineup and someone just can't get in.
And Maclean just said he'd like to start the year with a 22 man roster.

Thanks for coming out though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

BUDGETBUDGETBUDGET

Awaiting a reply.
23 man thing?  I think they go with 23 the majority of the year... the entire season?  Tough call with injuries and other things but can't be 100% sure.  Entire season would mean every single day which is probably a stretch if there is a healthy lineup and someone just can't get in.
And Maclean just said he'd like to start the year with a 22 man roster.

Thanks for coming out though.
He said maybe 23.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Said 23 a week ago so I'm still here. The one guy that might get waived that no one is talking about is Gryba.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Said 23 a week ago so I'm still here.  The one guy that might get waived that no one is talking about is Gryba.
Why in the heck would you waive Gryba? He played well, he's ready to step in when Corvo falters. Bad idea. He's not a free waiver to the minors I don't think, he'd have to clear - I might be wrong there, but he's older than the normal prospect because he stayed in the NCAA full term.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gryba is waiver exempt as I stated elsewhere.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Gryba is waiver exempt as I stated elsewhere.
Hmmm...that could help.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hmmm...that could help.
I dunno...I watched Corvo last night...not sure I want him playing every game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hmmm...that could help.
Joe Scorevo is as solid as the rock of Gibraltar.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hmmm...that could help.
Meh, he gave the puck away a few times, but he also moves the puck very nicely and plays a prominent role on the second unit PP. Gryba going down wouldn't be permanent anyway, he'd be the first callup on D.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hmmm...that could help.
Meh, he gave the puck away a few times, but he also moves the puck very nicely and plays a prominent role on the second unit PP.  Gryba going down wouldn't be permanent anyway, he'd be the first callup on D.
He made 2 or 3 suicide passes. Something is off -- perhaps his timing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum