GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

+12
Cap'n Clutch
sens4win
rooneypoo
NEELY
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
PTFlea
wprager
Ev
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Ev wrote:Apparently the only edge we have is in goal. LOOOL

If we're being honest about this...

Goal: OTT > PIT
D: OTT > PIT
Fs: OTT < PIT
Toughness: OTT = PIT (maybe OTT > PIT?)
Speed: OTT > PIT
PP: OTT < PIT
PK: OTT > PIT
F/O: OTT < PIT
Defensive play: OTT > PIT
Goal production: OTT < PIT
Experience: OTT < PIT

OTT: 5
PIT: 5
Ties: 1

On paper, it looks like this should be a close matchup. Gonna be a 6 or 7 game series either way, I'd say.

Post this on Dobber because apparently I am a moron for saying the same thing.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Ev wrote:Apparently the only edge we have is in goal. LOOOL

If we're being honest about this...

Goal: OTT > PIT
D: OTT > PIT
Fs: OTT < PIT
Toughness: OTT = PIT (maybe OTT > PIT?)
Speed: OTT > PIT
PP: OTT < PIT
PK: OTT > PIT
F/O: OTT < PIT
Defensive play: OTT > PIT
Goal production: OTT < PIT
Experience: OTT < PIT

OTT: 5
PIT: 5
Ties: 1

On paper, it looks like this should be a close matchup. Gonna be a 6 or 7 game series either way, I'd say.

Post this on Dobber because apparently I am a moron for saying the same thing.

The new guy who did the Rambles this morning called for an OTT victory, too. Smile

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:there is no reason Hoffman shouldnt be in the lineup over Kassian if he is ready to play. Need speed in this series.

Except PIT are a dirty team with the Cooker and Letang leading the way.

That's my biggest concern. They're a dirty team and they get away with it. Letang even crosschecked a linesman and nothing.

There will be injuries.

The excuses have already started Laugh1

What excuses ? How many players of ours have they taken out over the years?

They've taken out Alfie, Michalek and Karlsson to my recollection over the years.

Letang on Spezza -- he missed something like 18 games.

Dirty. Just like I said.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.methodshop.com/games/play/yeti/yeti1-blood.shtml

Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk - Page 4 Captur16

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:http://www.methodshop.com/games/play/yeti/yeti1-blood.shtml

Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk - Page 4 Captur16

Just got 938.3. Too bad I'm not savvy enough to know how to show the proof here!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
And that makes them dirty? Cowen just took out Pacioretty.

Classic Hoags.

Did I even say they were dirty ? They have a history of injuring our players(intentional or not over the years) All I said I hope that doesn't happen again. You're reading into my post far more than you need to.

Don't think anyone would call Cowen a dirty player, nor call the hit on Pacioretty (or Skinner for that matter) dirty.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Last time the two met up in the playoffs the Sens were (IMO) outcoached. They won 2 of 3 games on the road but lost all three at home. After the split in the opening two games, they came back home and Clouston put Spezza out against Crosby -- I don't know why he did that, but it cost them the series.

This time around I don't think they will be outcoached. They also won't be out-dueled in goal, and they've been fantastic at home, so I doubt they lose 3 like that again.

They'll need to stay out of the penalty box while maintaining the physical edge. Not a simple task, since the refs appear to be extra sensitive after the Eller incident.

That series was so winnable. No idea what Clouston was thinking in that series.

Didn't help that Elliott had a meltdown and we had to rely on Leclaire (who somehow won a game).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:

Just got 938.3. Too bad I'm not savvy enough to know how to show the proof here!

Nice. I got close...

Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk - Page 4 Pens10

You get the high points when it keeps on hitting the mines... again and again and again...

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Nice. I got close...

Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk - Page 4 Pens10

You get the high points when it keeps on hitting the mines... again and again and again...

New high: 1135.3.

Yep, I've avoiding work! Smile

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Damn! I'm getting close...

Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk - Page 4 Pens11

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Try smashing him against the sharp things right in front.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Melnyk just got word that you can swear on the Internet...

https://twitter.com/MelnykEugene/status/333754683975946241

"Some tweets we get from #Pens fans are profanity filled. That's classless - it's just a game. You are embarassing your city, team & players."

Jeez. Someone filter this guy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Melnyk just got word that you can swear on the Internet...

https://twitter.com/MelnykEugene/status/333754683975946241

"Some tweets we get from #Pens fans are profanity filled. That's classless - it's just a game. You are embarassing your city, team & players."

Jeez. Someone filter this guy.

Maybe he's doing it tongue-in-cheek (or is that pinky-in-fist?)

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And with a spelling error to boot. Nice.

How embarrassing...

Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is just so weird and creepy.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can see this being a long series. The whole series hinges on Anderson and the D. 7 games, not sure which way it goes.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:This is just so weird and creepy.

That actually made me chuckle a little. It'd be better if it were actually made by a pens radio station

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I can see this being a long series. The whole series hinges on Anderson and the D. 7 games, not sure which way it goes.

If it goes 7 the Pens win. Gotta do it in 6, I think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum