GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

+12
Cap'n Clutch
sens4win
rooneypoo
NEELY
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
PTFlea
wprager
Ev
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:If it's to look like Karlsson I'd rather him not playing

Karlsson's #1 physical skill is his skating; his hockey IQ may be his #1 skill but he can't execute on what his brain is telling him, then that hockey IQ won't be a difference maker. In a few years, perhaps, he will be able to adjust his IQ to match injuries, fatigue or whatever, but not yet.

Spezza is much more experienced as a player -- and as a bad back sufferer. He was never the fastest skater out there so that's going to be less of an issue. If he has trouble bending over then it may affect his face offs. But I don't think this will be a 50% Spezza making mistakes like Karlsson was last night.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

As expected, Spezza is wearing a white jersey for the optional practice, which tends to indicate he'll be playing. However it's an optional practice, so who knows.

JOB is also wearing a white jersey. So who knows, eh?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza will play with Michalek tomorrow

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Spezza will play with Michalek tomorrow

Listened to Murray's presser in the car and from the sounds of it, he's going to ease him in slowly. When asked about how much ice time he expects Spezza to play, he basically said it depends on how many powerplays they'll have.

I'm ok if Spezza is the 13th defenseman and only plays a shift here and there, plus the PP and important faceoffs. Hasn't played since January, no idea how he's going to fare against the top team in the East.

And to tell the truth, I'm OK with Michalek getting some easy minutes playing against Pittsburgh's third line.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Kinda wish they kept it as an element of surprise for the pens. Pmac has already let them know that Anderson will be back and so will Spezza.

Hope Spezza performs better than the last series against Pittsburgh where he almost got ran out of town.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Kinda wish they kept it as an element of surprise for the pens. Pmac has already let them know that Anderson will be back and so will Spezza.

Hope Spezza performs better than the last series against Pittsburgh where he almost got ran out of town.

He's showing confidence in his #1, that's it. As for Spezza, it was pretty much known that he will play at some point, and the first home game (with last change) was the best option (although after losing G1 I thought there might be a chance he'd draw in).

Now, what's wrong with Karlsson? I get that he is not 100% and won't be until some time next season. He's had 10 games already, so he should be in game shape. Is it his confidence? That first goal was awful. He just stood at the blueline and waved his stick at Crosby. And the hook on Cooke (for the hat-trick goal) was a lazy penalty.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/05/18/karlsson-looking-to-the-future

I guess we tend to forget this guy is 22 yrs old.. and how he is feeling not being able to perform like he can.

That leg does not have the mobility in it yet.. and won`t until next season.. we hope & pray..

Kinda feeling bad for what I said on another site today about his play last night... it was the truth.. but this kid does not deserve that for what he has done for this team the past couple of seasons..

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who comes out for Spezza? Conacher?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Who comes out for Spezza? Conacher?

Latendresse. Come on. That was his last game for the Sens, barring injuries. The GWG was him sitting in the penalty box, them coming out after they killed it off and skating around by himself. He didn't cover anyone, didn't hit anyone, didn't try to go for the puck. Did absolutely *nothing*.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Who comes out for Spezza? Conacher?

Latendresse. Come on. That was his last game for the Sens, barring injuries. The GWG was him sitting in the penalty box, them coming out after they killed it off and skating around by himself. He didn't cover anyone, didn't hit anyone, didn't try to go for the puck. Did absolutely *nothing*.

I'm a fan of Conacher, but the penalties also need to stop.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Some interesting MAF stats... since winning the Cup... he's pretty much stunk... in the playoffs...

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/5/8/4312126/marc-andre-fleury-stats-penguins-nhl-playoffs-2013

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Just noticed the nice comments from a couple people so thanks!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Just noticed the nice comments from a couple people so thanks!

is your gf one fine piece of ace?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Just noticed the nice comments from a couple people so thanks!

is your gf one fine piece of ace?

She actually is... I shot over the bar for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum