GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

+12
Cap'n Clutch
sens4win
rooneypoo
NEELY
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
PTFlea
wprager
Ev
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

OK, it's been how long now? Three sleeps and we still have at least two more to go. I'm getting antsy. At least they know who their opponent will be no so they can prepare a strategy.

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Cooke getting the Lars Eller treatment would be ok with me.

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Our game will need to be tightened up. Pittsburgh will make you pay for sloppy play. Winnable series, but they did sweep the series this year. Playoffs is a new season of course.

Watching the local super homer post game show, they are already talking like they're going to ECF and steam rolling over us.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:there is no reason Hoffman shouldnt be in the lineup over Kassian if he is ready to play. Need speed in this series.

Except PIT are a dirty team with the Cooker and Letang leading the way.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Our game will need to be tightened up. Pittsburgh will make you pay for sloppy play. Winnable series, but they did sweep the series this year. Playoffs is a new season of course.

Watching the local super homer post game show, they are already talking like they're going to ECF and steam rolling over us.

Shootout loss the first time around, and Spezza was playing hurt -- that was his last game before shutting it down. True, they still beat us the last time, when we had virtually the same lineup as now. Anderson had an off-night (.875), although he did withstand a 48 second 5-on-3; Vokoun had a 1st star night (.971). Oh, and we've added Karlsson since that loss, too.

Plus the new guys (Conacher and Pageau) have had a few more practices and games to get to know their line mates better.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Cooke getting the Lars Eller treatment would be ok with me.

I'd leave him alone and concentrate on Malkin and Neal and the tin man (well, tin jaw).

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:there is no reason Hoffman shouldnt be in the lineup over Kassian if he is ready to play. Need speed in this series.

That's my biggest concern. They're a dirty team and they get away with it. Letang even crosschecked a linesman and nothing.

There will be injuries.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Like the other series, take it to them physically. Pens have no one to respond to Neil, Smith Kassian, no one. Beat them into submission because the Pens are a team that can't handle a long physical series.

Sens are the underdogs without question but the Pens are very beatable... VERY beatable. Suspect D, suspect goaltending, can only roll 3 lines. Ottawa needs to play their way if they want to win and they can.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:We're gonna have to win this one in the trenches like we did to Montreal. Not gonna be easy at all, this is a much bigger team than the Habs.

Anderson will have to be MVP of the series again obviously.

And a lot slower which is a big plus for Ottawa.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

That's my biggest concern. They're a dirty team and they get away with it. Letang even crosschecked a linesman and nothing.

There will be injuries.

The excuses have already started Laugh1

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

There will be injuries.

Facts are there is no pressure on the Sens right now and Pitt is a much older and a fairly beat up team right now. Sens don't need any excuses because no one expects them to win. Just play the game and play it hard and they will be fine.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

There will be injuries.

Facts are there is no pressure on the Sens right now and Pitt is a much older and a fairly beat up team right now. Sens don't need any excuses because no one expects them to win. Just play the game and play it hard and they will be fine.

I agree. Let's just not call the Penguins dirty when we are no Mother Theresas either.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think it's cuz the Pens seem to get away with more and they do. You touch Crosby and it's 2 mins, that's just the way it is. The Pens really are beat up though and they will have a tough time with a defense the size of Ottawa.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I keep reading people's lines with Spezza over on HF. Some people have Condra out of the lineup. Are they challenged? Laugh1 No rispeck. I might have to get a Condra jersey if I can guarantee he'll be here longterm.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

There will be injuries.

What excuses ? How many players of ours have they taken out over the years?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk - Page 2 Tyrion-kill-them

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk - Page 2 Tyrion-kill-them

Very appropriate for our, ahem, dwarf line of Conacher-Pageau-Condra (although Condra is 6'0" -- can the "Hoff" play right?)

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

There will be injuries.

What excuses ? How many players of ours have they taken out over the years?

They've taken out Alfie, Michalek and Karlsson to my recollection over the years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum