GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Habs @ Sens :: Game 4, Round 1 :: 7:00pm ET :: Tue. May. 7th, 2013

+16
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
SensHulk
tim1_2
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
DirtyDave
Flo The Action
NEELY
rooneypoo
shabbs
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 20]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Seeing as how gryba got suspended for a clean hit, and mtl players didn't even get a hearing for the shenanigans from game 3, Prust resorting to childish name calling of our coach, gorges firing the puck at turris and screaming at the bench.....KARMA IS A BIATCH MONTREAL!!!!

It's almost like we play rope a dope with Montreal. They come at us hard for the first 2 periods and Anderson keeps the game close and then they let up in the 3rd and we capitalize. Montreal hasn't scored a single goal in the 3rd.

And yes it is karma. They got away with a lot of crap in Game 3 and now they are crying conspiracy that the NHL wants us to win LOL.

One of the smallest markets in Canada ? Really ? Laughing3

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:MacLean is awesome and is flat out schooling Michel Tearrien.

Galchenyuk scored their 2nd goal and was pretty much benched for the 3rd. That would have never happened here.
That was a bit of a shock. Habs fans are not too happy about that. Odd decision.

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

The true unsung hero has been Gonchar. Our best D this series period. I would not be opposed to resigning player 55 at all.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:The true unsung hero has been Gonchar. Our best D this series period. I would not be opposed to resigning player 55 at all.

Can we give him a number that doesn't have two digits and/or doesn't end in a 5? Poor Bob Cole.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Did we put Bergevin and the Habs staff into a maintenance closet with a window out ?

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Habs @ Sens :: Game 4, Round 1 :: 7:00pm ET :: Tue. May. 7th, 2013 - Page 20 Fthis

Look at the wiring and duct tape on the pipes Laugh1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:MacLean is awesome and is flat out schooling Michel Tearrien.

Galchenyuk scored their 2nd goal and was pretty much benched for the 3rd. That would have never happened here.

Interestingly, Conacher was benched for some of the 2nd and most of the 3rd -- 5 shifts in the 2nd, just 2 in the third until he puts him out as the extra forward with the goalie pulled in the last minute. MacLean and his hunches.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Number Twenty Nine wrote:The true unsung hero has been Gonchar. Our best D this series period. I would not be opposed to resigning player 55 at all.

Another +. So, so strong. How do they not resign him after this for a season? I think they owe it to each other, both the Sens and Gocnahr to really try and finish off what they have started.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Another +. So, so strong. How do they not resign him after this for a season? I think they owe it to each other, both the Sens and Gocnahr to really try and finish off what they have started.

yeah agreed, although i think it's gonna take a 2 year contract to get him to stay but we might get him at 8mill for two seasons.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think that's a strong point. Both Gonchar and the sens will want to finish what they've started. 1 year, 5 million doesn't hurt anyone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vandelay wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Smith was amazing tonight.

Agreed! I was really impressed with Smith tonight. He was the only Ottawa player to come out hard and do it for 60 minutes. Phillips was also solid. Those two aside, our passing was brutal, Karlsson was complacent (aside from his rush on his first shift). I was losing my Dung all game wondering why the cuss they didn't have their foots on their throats.

Habs lost that game by sitting back in the third. Still, you have to admire the Sens ability to stick with it and show zero panic. I don't remember a win this ugly but no question, I'll take it

Especially because I've been on smiths case all year. I felt he drove the habs nuts with his forechecking. Hope he keeps it up

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:

yeah agreed, although i think it's gonna take a 2 year contract to get him to stay but we might get him at 8mill for two seasons.

Maybe but why not, right? Fact is Gonchar is a HHOFer, he's been good to great for the Sens this year and has been solid the rest of the time. Some might say the first year with Clouston he was awful but w/e, they traded 1/2 the team and fired the coach, not on Gonchar at all.

He's a good guy to have back there for basically any situation, he's seen it all and then some. He's a guy who has more than proven his worth to the Sens and the entire organization and fans, he also plays the right side and is a big LH shot on the PP and can control the play on the PP, something which the Sens don't really have a lot of.

Gonchar in Ottawa works, simple as that.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Maybe but why not, right? Fact is Gonchar is a HHOFer, he's been good to great for the Sens this year and has been solid the rest of the time. Some might say the first year with Clouston he was awful but w/e, they traded 1/2 the team and fired the coach, not on Gonchar at all.

He's a good guy to have back there for basically any situation, he's seen it all and then some. He's a guy who has more than proven his worth to the Sens and the entire organization and fans, he also plays the right side and is a big LH shot on the PP and can control the play on the PP, something which the Sens don't really have a lot of.

Gonchar in Ottawa works, simple as that.
oh yeah i agree and where we stand at it's not money that's an issue for this team. i'd rather keep him then have to give up assets in a trade where we might receive comparative value(albeit maybe younger)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If he wants 2 years I doubt he gets it here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum