GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Habs :: Game 5, Round 1 :: 7:00pm ET :: Thu. May. 9th, 2013

+15
Hockeyhero22000
The Silfer Server
spader
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Hoags
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
shabbs
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens will be looking to eliminate the Habs in their own barn on Thursday night, after an impressive, improbable come-from-behind overtime win in front of the hometown fans Tuesday night. The Canadiens did everything right by ignoring Gryba and focusing on the game, and they were rewarded with a 2-0 lead going into the third period. Perfectly placed snipes from Subban and Galchenyuk, combined with lacklustre play from the home town team had Montreal out in front and in command.

But the hockey gods were on our side as a soccer goal from Zibanejad was allowed to stand, then two late (and slow) icing calls left the Habs tired for two important face offs, eventually leading to a mad scramble in front of Price, with Conacher burying the tying goal with 25 seconds to go.

But the hockey gods were not finished yet. On that scramble, as Price slid back and forth across the crease, he tweaked something in his left leg -- you could see him roll over in pain after the puck went in. Then on a last second nothing shot from Zibanejad (which sailed 10 feet over the net) Price seemed to aggravate the injury even more going into the (in retrospect, unnecessary) butterfly. Remember when Therrien was asked if he would consider putting in Budaj after the 6-1 loss? He showed very little of the class and respect he seems to crave from MacLean, as he laughed off the suggestion saying "Seriously?" Well, Karma can be a you-know-what, and the disrespect and lack of confidence that he showed in his backup came back to bite him. Budaj replaced Price in the overtime, stopped one shot, then missed the second, as it sailed through what Turris later called the "arm hole".

To Budaj's defense, "Player 61" stuck his elbow out and deflected the puck, ever-so-slightly.

So, what have the Habs got left? They lost when they totally outplayed the Sens in game 1; lost when they tried to goon it up in game 3; lost again when they had a multi-goal lead midway through the third period; they (possibly) lost their starting goalie. The only time they won was when they iced a "B" lineup in game 2, but of course the Sens are notorious for not being able to win two games at the start of a series, having done it only once in 12 tries, now.

On to Montreal. Let's finish them off!

GO SENS!!!!!

P.S. Add a 'stache to your avatar here: www.facetache.com/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nothing official, but it looks like neither Prust nor Price will be available for game 5. Prust went heavy into the boards trying to beat Anderson to a puck in the corner (maybe should have concentrated more on the puck then trying to slash Anderson -- with all that equipment, why bother). Prust missed time this year with a shoulder injury -- looks like he re-injured it falling into the boards.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Habs are on the brink. Sens need to stirke hard and fast and send the Habs packing. They need to come out better than they did in Game 4. That was a horrible first two periods last night. Not sure what happened, but we can't have that again.

GO SENS GO!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

P-Mac probably keeps the lineup the same, but we'll sure need a better effort. Hopefully guys like Z-Bad, Turris, and Conacher all gained some more confidence in Game 3, and will step up for Game 4. Getting something out of Michalek would be great too, but it's pretty clear he's damaged goods at this point. Matrix will be great again.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

P-Mac = Walrus :D

- Unknown Author

NEELY

Mod
Mod

There is no way MTL's heart hasn't been taken out of them at this point. They lost a game in every way possible so far. They have been the best and lost, they have been beaten down and lose, they have now had calls go against them and they lost in OT.

Lets hope Ottawa can score early tomorrow and never give up that lead. Prust will be out, Price will prob be out, gotta end it and end it quickly.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:There is no way MTL's heart hasn't been taken out of them at this point. They lost a game in every way possible so far. They have been the best and lost, they have been beaten down and lose, they have now had calls go against them and they lost in OT.

Lets hope Ottawa can score early tomorrow and never give up that lead. Prust will be out, Price will prob be out, gotta end it and end it quickly.

Yes. It is time to put them out of their misery. Need to capitalize while Price is out. Get on 'em early in Game 5 and don't look back.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I hope we finish them off ASAP, I am sooo ready to not have to see Subban on my TV for a few months.

As far as I am concerned, the NHL owed us a goal for Silfverberg's waived off goal against Montreal.

Although TSN argued the goal was good as the kicking motion happened after the puck glanced off Z's skate.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope price is out but if he isn't we better play our hearts out. I'm inclined to think we might lose the next one if we don't come out flying. we got a little lucky last night.
still would be great to maybe see a few habs fan crying in their own building.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:I hope we finish them off ASAP, I am sooo ready to not have to see Subban on my TV for a few months.

Good luck with that. He fancies himself an analyst -- and they actually said he was pretty good in front of the camera.

Hoags wrote:As far as I am concerned, the NHL owed us a goal for Silfverberg's waived off goal against Montreal.

Although TSN argued the goal was good as the kicking motion happened after the puck glanced off Z's skate.

Silfverberg's, yes, and let's not forget the regular season and Benoit's first NHL goal.

As for the Ziba goal, I hate the rule, but it is what it is. Bobby Mac was on 690 this morning saying how this is a bad rule, but his point was that it's bad because there are too many grey areas and fans don't understand the rulings; he says they should just allow goals kicked/directed in as long as the skate stays on the ice. My opinion is a bit different but likely harder to rule on -- I'd say let it bounce in off you, but you cannot either kick or even angle your skate to direct it in. Nothing intentional, in other words.

It's also worth mentioning that Zibanejad first hit the puck with his stick, then off the skate and in, and the skate didn't move until after the puck had already bounced off it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:I hope price is out but if he isn't we better play our hearts out. I'm inclined to think we might lose the next one if we don't come out flying. we got a little lucky last night.

Love the 'stached avatar!

Hey, shabbs, Hugh would look great with a walrus 'stache; might have to get a full-face shot though.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:I hope we finish them off ASAP, I am sooo ready to not have to see Subban on my TV for a few months.

Good luck with that. He fancies himself an analyst -- and they actually said he was pretty good in front of the camera.
He was on Sportsnet HC@Noon a lot during the lockout and was pretty good. Off the ice, he's a different person. On the ice, he's PK being PK.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I hope price is out but if he isn't we better play our hearts out. I'm inclined to think we might lose the next one if we don't come out flying. we got a little lucky last night.

Hey, shabbs, Hugh would look great with a walrus 'stache; might have to get a full-face shot though.
Huzzah!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Huzzah!

Awesome!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Huzzah!

You nailed it!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum