GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Habs @ Sens :: Game 4, Round 1 :: 7:00pm ET :: Tue. May. 7th, 2013

+16
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
SensHulk
tim1_2
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
DirtyDave
Flo The Action
NEELY
rooneypoo
shabbs
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 20]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens lead the best-of-seven series 2-1. Let's not get ahead of ourselves -- they are only half way there, and the Habs are only 1 game back of them. If they don't win game 4 then the Habs reclaim home-ice advantage *and* the momentum. No time to rest on their laurels.

That said, wow, what a game Sunday night. They beat them, beat them up, lit them up. I don't know what more the Habs can do now. They tried skill in game 1 and Anderson stoned them, while Price stunk. They also lost one of their top two centers (arguably their best in terms of offense). After a war of words they came out in game two and took over with grit. As Murray put it, the Sens were playing "guilty" after the Gryba hit on Eller. Well, all that guilt was gone Sunday night and the Sens put on one of the most dominating performances I can think of in recent playoff history. Certainly in this round (we've had a 5-0 drubbing, a couple of 5-2 scores, but I doubt that any of those games was as physically punishing to the loser).

I don't think the penalties total exceeded the Philly game in 2004 (that game even the goalies got into it) but I think it's fair to say this is a new playoff record for the Senators. With the exception of the PK/Turris dust up (I'm not sure Turris even ever got his gloves off) the Sens won each of the fights the Habs picked when the score was 4-1. Cowen went to town on White in the most memorable one.

Not sure what to expect in game 4, but the Sens need to be prepared for anything. I remember the 1993 playoffs when the Habs were 0-2 coming back from Quebec City. They were defeated and beaten up. Roy let in a couple of soft goals and the fans were screaming to trade him. They ended up winning the next 4 games and then a few more on the way to their last Cup. Now, of course, that was a different team, a different coach, but let's not forget that this Habs team won the Division, has beaten us in the regular season and in the playoffs. They are not going to roll over. They will be bringing it, and the Sens will have to be ready.

GO SENS!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Huge game for the Sens. We can't go back to Montreal tied 2-2. Sens need to be up 3-1. Habs will be a different team in Game 4, that's for sure. Will be interesting to see how they respond after getting blown out. Sens need to stay focused, stick to the game plan PMac is laying down and don't let up. Sens are in their heads now. Mindfucking them good.

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

An early Game Day Preview. Nothing but stats at this point. Karlsson and Alfredsson are tied for the team lead with 4 points in 3 games each. Bourque has 3 to lead the Canadiens. Pageau's 3 goals leads both teams (and tied for the playoff lead). Price's SV% is .879, while Anderson sports an impressive .949 (that's only 4th best in the playoffs, but he leads with 112 saves).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'll be curious to see if Shanaban does anything with PK, Gallagher, Prust, Bourque. Doubt it.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:I'll be curious to see if Shanaban does anything with PK, Gallagher, Prust, Bourque. Doubt it.

Are they Sens players? Then forget it. Laugh1

NEELY

Mod
Mod

There is no way White doesn't get a game for that... same with Bourque. Those were vicious and intentional and both deserve at least 1 game considering they are both repeat offenders.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:I'll be curious to see if Shanaban does anything with PK, Gallagher, Prust, Bourque. Doubt it.

Are they Sens players? Then forget it. Laugh1
True... true.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PK is a cheap player. i would never want a little Wing Dang Doodle like that on my team. he's an embarrassment. jumping on Turris like that, that should be a suspension. I didn't see the bourque hit so i'm hoping they show it on TV today.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:There is no way White doesn't get a game for that... same with Bourque. Those were vicious and intentional and both deserve at least 1 game considering they are both repeat offenders.

You're forgetting that 1) the offenders were not OTT players, 2) the victims were OTT players, and 3) Shanny is still the guy in charge on this. No suspensions all around, probably a fine to BM for even questioning Shanny's judgment, and a warning all around (but esp. to OTT) to cut out the rough stuff.

Puking2

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can we do this?

Adrien Travers ‏@AdrienTravers

@TravisHeHateMe How awesome would it be if the @NHL_Sens gave Maclean's clone tickets behind Therrien for game 4?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Have to re-post this here:

shabbs wrote:
Ev wrote:lol http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=65382591&postcount=98
That thread is full of ignorant stupid sore losers...

I don't know about that. I found some brutal honesty:

Humiliated on the score board, fighting and behind the bench.

We deserved to get trolled there by MacLean. Awful game.

What's with this season and embarrassing losses. This was way worse than the Leafs 6-0 loss. Not to mention the Habs players taking cheap/dirty plays. Leave that to the Bruins.

People can look at the shots and think Montreal was even in the game but fact is, they generated nothing and were out matched physically in every area of the game. You see how weak Montreals defense is on nights like these and how useless there supposed toughness is.

Would be nice to have a real coach like Ottawa.

Lol, if I was a Sens fan I would be so proud of Maclean. Gotta give it to the guy, wow!

Some of our most important players are completely out of gas, it's not "only a game". Very unlikely we get back in this, discusting effort.

Habs lacked a lot of class in this one.

Habs sucked. Loved Maclean time-out though, made me laugh and realize how pathetic the habs were.

All in all (at least in the first 3 pages that I scanned) it was fairly even between the honest appraisals and the rest.

Then I came to this one:

Humiliating performance. Got wrecked on the scoreboard and got wrecked in the fist to cuffs. It's becoming a disturbing trend. At least Subban won a fight for once, and Tinordi actually held his own when everyone was getting their ***** kicked.

Sorry, I have to go get a paper towel -- I've got coffee all over my screen and keyboard.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There were a few more posts extolling PK's virtues and virility for making Turris his b****. Stupid is as stupid does, I guess.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Late heading off to work. Gonna listen to 690 on the way in.

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

Out of curiosity. If there were suspension when would we find out about a hearing?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
There will be no supplementary discipline/hearings resulting from MON/OTT last night.

LOL.

No bias there NHL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 20]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum