GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Habs @ Sens :: Game 4, Round 1 :: 7:00pm ET :: Tue. May. 7th, 2013

+16
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
SensHulk
tim1_2
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
DirtyDave
Flo The Action
NEELY
rooneypoo
shabbs
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 20]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep. I told some Hab fan sitting behind me towards the end of the 2nd that we played our whole season like this, so being down 2 in the 3rd was no biggie. He continued his "Ole" chant.

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:Smith was amazing tonight.

Agreed! I was really impressed with Smith tonight. He was the only Ottawa player to come out hard and do it for 60 minutes. Phillips was also solid. Those two aside, our passing was brutal, Karlsson was complacent (aside from his rush on his first shift). I was losing my Dung all game wondering why the cuss they didn't have their foots on their throats.

Habs lost that game by sitting back in the third. Still, you have to admire the Sens ability to stick with it and show zero panic. I don't remember a win this ugly but no question, I'll take it

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Yep. I told some Hab fan sitting behind me towards the end of the 2nd that we played our whole season like this, so being down 2 in the 3rd was no biggie. He continued his "Ole" chant.

Should have smacked him.

This looks soooo soooooo good on Hab fans. Soooo good. That said, they need to finish them off tomorrow because the last thing you want is MTL getting any momentum. Can't let them believe.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

I sent a text to a buddy about 30 seconds before the Zib goal saying Conacher better be scratched next game. Although I could've scored that goal, pretty much have to leave him in now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yep. I told some Hab fan sitting behind me towards the end of the 2nd that we played our whole season like this, so being down 2 in the 3rd was no biggie. He continued his "Ole" chant.

Should have smacked him.

Had to break up a fight in line for the bathroom between the 3rd and OT. Two guys started pushing each other...I stepped in between them and asked them if the really wanted to get tossed out before OT started. For the record, the Sens fan totally started it out of nowhere. Wandered out of the bathroom and got right in this Habs fan face for no reason...it was quite hilarious really.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

MacLean just gets it... I would have made sure Conacher was on his Donkey the rest of the game after that 2nd goal but man, MacLean never gives up on a player.

I don't think I will ever question him as long as he is the Ottawa coach.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vandelay wrote:I sent a text to a buddy about 30 seconds before the Zib goal saying Conacher better be scratched next game. Although I could've scored that goal, pretty much have to leave him in now.

The problem with Conacher is that he cares TOO much. He squeezes his stick pretty hard at times, and you can tell he's just nervous sometimes...can never question his effort, the little guy loves to play.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:MacLean just gets it... I would have made sure Conacher was on his Donkey the rest of the game after that 2nd goal but man, MacLean never gives up on a player.

I don't think I will ever question him as long as he is the Ottawa coach.

Conacher said that P-Mac told him to just go out and go to the net and be pesky. And that's what he did.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

MacLean is awesome and is flat out schooling Michel Tearrien.

Galchenyuk scored their 2nd goal and was pretty much benched for the 3rd. That would have never happened here.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Galchenyuk scored their 2nd goal and was pretty much benched for the 3rd. That would have never happened here.

Good point by you. He had a goal and 4 shots (leading the Habs in shots), but only 10 mins of ice-time.

Smith and Turris both had great nights in the faceoff dot. Gabriel Dumont, who went 6-0 on faceoffs for the Habs (every other centre was terrible for them), only played 7:30, and didn't take any important draws coming down the stretch. A coaching issue, for sure.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vandelay wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Smith was amazing tonight.

Agreed! I was really impressed with Smith tonight. He was the only Ottawa player to come out hard and do it for 60 minutes. Phillips was also solid. Those two aside, our passing was brutal, Karlsson was complacent (aside from his rush on his first shift). I was losing my Dung all game wondering why the cuss they didn't have their foots on their throats.

Habs lost that game by sitting back in the third. Still, you have to admire the Sens ability to stick with it and show zero panic. I don't remember a win this ugly but no question, I'll take it
yeah phillips is a bit of an unsung hero this playoffs. he's been solid. complete warrior in that fight last game. brings that vet experience and that never give up attitude. had a few lazers out there in one of the PP. he wants it bad!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ya conacher hasn't been great all the time since coming here but it's his first NHL season. some of that stress will be gone next season and he should be more comfortable out there

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Spader, did you at least have a radio going for the live broadcast?

Nope. I had my phone and was checking the score, but the only game we could get on the radio was the Penguins game. We coulda used Internet radio, but we didn't have audio basically until OT.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:ya conacher hasn't been great all the time since coming here but it's his first NHL season. some of that stress will be gone next season and he should be more comfortable out there

Conacher had 5 points in 12 games for us which is decent for a rookie. I still hope they develop him into a Brendan Gallagher type. I can't see why he can't be that type of player. He is clearly very talented.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Seeing as how gryba got suspended for a clean hit, and mtl players didn't even get a hearing for the shenanigans from game 3, Prust resorting to childish name calling of our coach, gorges firing the puck at turris and screaming at the bench.....KARMA IS A BIATCH MONTREAL!!!!

That was an ugly game for the sens, but they really stole it from montreal in the last 12-15 mins of the game. Gotta go for the kill tomorrow night, Andy with a shutout please!

My throat is quite sore from the yelling....and I was just at home!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Seeing as how gryba got suspended for a clean hit, and mtl players didn't even get a hearing for the shenanigans from game 3, Prust resorting to childish name calling of our coach, gorges firing the puck at turris and screaming at the bench.....KARMA IS A BIATCH MONTREAL!!!!

It's almost like we play rope a dope with Montreal. They come at us hard for the first 2 periods and Anderson keeps the game close and then they let up in the 3rd and we capitalize. Montreal hasn't scored a single goal in the 3rd.

And yes it is karma. They got away with a lot of crap in Game 3 and now they are crying conspiracy that the NHL wants us to win LOL.

One of the smallest markets in Canada ? Really ? Laughing3

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:MacLean is awesome and is flat out schooling Michel Tearrien.

That was a bit of a shock. Habs fans are not too happy about that. Odd decision.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

The true unsung hero has been Gonchar. Our best D this series period. I would not be opposed to resigning player 55 at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum