GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

+13
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
Number Twenty Nine
spader
Hoags
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
Hobiesens
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clearly the issue was that this thread was started in the General section...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:
Ev wrote:There is no chance they miss the playoffs. Jesus. The Pittsburgh game tomorrow has no stars in the lineup at all except Iginla and they have NOTHING to play for.

Holy Dung Sens fans need to get it together. They just won 4 in a row and lost last night. Big whoopty doo.

Well Boston lost to that undermanned Pens team last night... when they should have waxed them considering they had their full lineup (minus Lucic).

Yes they won 4 in a row... but they have the toughest schedule of all the teams fighting to get in. The Isles & Rangers will probably win all their last games. I want them to get in real bad... but my fear is 8th place going against the loaded Pens team without our #1 centre..

Exactly! So that whole argument you had about guaranteed losses to the Pens and Bruins just doesn't hold water. Boston is a struggling team right now.

Last edited by wprager on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:
Ev wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
Ev wrote:There is no chance they miss the playoffs. Jesus. The Pittsburgh game tomorrow has no stars in the lineup at all except Iginla and they have NOTHING to play for.

Holy Dung Sens fans need to get it together. They just won 4 in a row and lost last night. Big whoopty doo.

Well Boston lost to that undermanned Pens team last night... when they should have waxed them considering they had their full lineup (minus Lucic).

Yes they won 4 in a row... but they have the toughest schedule of all the teams fighting to get in. The Isles & Rangers will probably win all their last games. I want them to get in real bad... but my fear is 8th place going against the loaded Pens team without our #1 centre..

No, they don't. EVERY game is tough this time of year. Players are playing for jobs. The game tomorrow will mean NOTHING to Pittsburgh (they were playing to clinch the East yesterday, they did it) and the game against Washington will probably mean NOTHING as well.

There is no toughest/easiest schedule. Every team in the league can win, and a lot of teams will be resting their stars.

Boston game they will be fighting to keep ahead of the Habs. Wash will be fighting to keep ahead of the Jets.. Philly is playing for pride.. Pens are just tough and deep.. It will be harder for the Sens to beat Boston & Pitt than it will be for Isles & Rangers to beat up on Flor, Caro, or Buff.. But if the Sens get in.. it may be 8th place... then play the powerhouse Pens..

Flyers playing for pride? A goalie who says he doesn't care if he is bought out and a coach who probably lost the room a while back.

Remember that, even though we lost, we put up 50 shots on the Leafs, thoroughly outplaying them (shots, hits, takeaways) in the process. Sucks to lose, of course, but combine that we two really strong games at the tail end of the losing streak and the Sens have been playing pretty good hockey of later.

And a certain #65 just might make his appearance soon. I think he'll play tomorrow.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Clearly the issue was that this thread was started in the General section...

Clearly.

Where was our regular thread starter, I wonder?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
Ev wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

No, they don't. EVERY game is tough this time of year. Players are playing for jobs. The game tomorrow will mean NOTHING to Pittsburgh (they were playing to clinch the East yesterday, they did it) and the game against Washington will probably mean NOTHING as well.

There is no toughest/easiest schedule. Every team in the league can win, and a lot of teams will be resting their stars.

Boston game they will be fighting to keep ahead of the Habs. Wash will be fighting to keep ahead of the Jets.. Philly is playing for pride.. Pens are just tough and deep.. It will be harder for the Sens to beat Boston & Pitt than it will be for Isles & Rangers to beat up on Flor, Caro, or Buff.. But if the Sens get in.. it may be 8th place... then play the powerhouse Pens..

Flyers playing for pride? A goalie who says he doesn't care if he is bought out and a coach who probably lost the room a while back.

Remember that, even though we lost, we put up 50 shots on the Leafs, thoroughly outplaying them (shots, hits, takeaways) in the process. Sucks to lose, of course, but combine that we two really strong games at the tail end of the losing streak and the Sens have been playing pretty good hockey of later.

And a certain #65 just might make his appearance soon. I think he'll play tomorrow.

Yes we had 50 shots last night.. a lot from the perimeter with no one in front. They outplayed the Leafs for parts of that game.. but the Leafs shots counted and that is the difference.

Bryz may not care if he wins or loses... but some members of that team do.. They haven't been playing too bad lately with 5-5-0 to the Sens 4-6-0.

We will just have to let them play it out. I would sooner the Sens control their own destiny by getting points... rather than relying on another team (Winn) to lose.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

While I don't share the level of pessimism as Sandy, i do agree that sens can't get too comfortable since they got a tougher schedule. To me, the toughest game will be against Washington on Thursday and IMO a likely loss since we suck Donkey at the verizon center.

Ironically, one of the easier games next week will be tomorrow against the penguins. That is a must win in my books. Getting close to the end of the season and I don't think Philly or Boston will be any slouches to play against. People on here should stop with the 'guarantees'

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:While I don't share the level of pessimism as Sandy, i do agree that sens can't get too comfortable since they got a tougher schedule. To me, the toughest game will be against Washington on Thursday and IMO a likely loss since we suck Donkey at the verizon center.

Ironically, one of the easier games next week will be tomorrow against the penguins. That is a must win in my books. Getting close to the end of the season and I don't think Philly or Boston will be any slouches to play against. People on here should stop with the 'guarantees'
The Sens finish 4-0. GAURANTEED!!!!!!!!!1

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Michallica wrote:While I don't share the level of pessimism as Sandy, i do agree that sens can't get too comfortable since they got a tougher schedule. To me, the toughest game will be against Washington on Thursday and IMO a likely loss since we suck Donkey at the verizon center.

The Sens finish 4-0. GAURANTEED!!!!!!!!!1

You nailed it!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Clearly the issue was that this thread was started in the General section...

Clearly.

Drinking it up in Niagara Falls... and then contributing to the OLG's bottom line... Cussing OLG.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think I was talking to a player on the Sens roster. I was telling a fan to relax because the chances of them missing are very small. Sure, if they have another streak like that 5 game slide with not even a loser point, then they would need for others to help them out (and it still might happen given who the Jets are playing). Of course if that is how the Sens play out the year they'd be gone in a sweep anyway, so not that big of a deal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Clearly.

Drinking it up in Niagara Falls... and then contributing to the OLG's bottom line... Cussing OLG.

Tsk-tsk.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If the Caps beat the Jets Tuesday, that game will be a let down for the Caps for sure even if it means sending a message.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

If the Caps beat the Jets Tuesday, that game will be a let down for the Caps for sure even if it means sending a message.

Well, as much as it would be "nice" for another Canadian team to make it to the post-season, I'll say go Caps. If they win in regulation they clinch the Division and 3rd seed. They'll be staying in Washington, so let them celebrate long into the night. Even if the Jets a single point, they would still be 4 points back with 2 to go and the Caps with the edge in ROWs; not mathematically eliminated but about as close as you could get.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:I told you he'd be useless.
1 goal, was a +1, 2 shots on goal, 2 hits, 50% in faceoffs... I wish Regin was as useless as that.

Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
1 goal, was a +1, 2 shots on goal, 2 hits, 50% in faceoffs... I wish Regin was as useless as that.

Wink

I think he was replying to the earlier post where I was questioning putting in Kassian.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

I think he was replying to the earlier post where I was questioning putting in Kassian.
Ahhh.. yes...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

Ahhh.. yes...

I think the post timestamp nails it -- SpezD's response was the same as my post on Kadri. And what with diapers and all I don't think SD is *that* quick to reply anymore.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

Ahhh.. yes...

I think the post timestamp nails it -- SpezD's response was the same as my post on Kadri. And what with diapers and all I don't think SD is *that* quick to reply anymore.
Hey, you never know...

Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum