GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

+13
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
Number Twenty Nine
spader
Hoags
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
Hobiesens
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Something is happening to someone, somewhere for sometime now...
-Bob Cole

The guy's an f-ing tool. He needs to hang 'em up.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

I am starting to getting very Cussing frustrated watching Turris.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's a matter of time before Reimer starts letting in goals by us by the truckload. The guy's good, but he's not like we've seen for the last several starts against us. It's part luck, let's hope that luck runs out in the 3rd.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:I am starting to getting very Cussing frustrated watching Turris.

I've been frustrated by him and Smith most of the year. It's like we're winning in spite of how they perform.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:It's a matter of time before Reimer starts letting in goals by us by the truckload. The guy's good, but he's not like we've seen for the last several starts against us. It's part luck, let's hope that luck runs out in the 3rd.

He shuts us out and looks so terrible doing it. He has no idea where the puck is half the time.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:I am starting to getting very Cussing frustrated watching Turris.

I've been frustrated by him and Smith most of the year. It's like we're winning in spite of how they perform.

Smith doesn't bother me right now, but Turris needs to go on a steroid plan this summer. Turris has good hands, good speed, isn't scared to get into the mix, can shoot the puck, does everything pretty well, but for christ sake he has the weakest legs I have ever, ever seen.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:It's a matter of time before Reimer starts letting in goals by us by the truckload. The guy's good, but he's not like we've seen for the last several starts against us. It's part luck, let's hope that luck runs out in the 3rd.

He shuts us out and looks so terrible doing it. He has no idea where the puck is half the time.

Yeah, no way it lasts much longer. It's a weird streak fir him, but he ain't no Tim Thomas.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Facepalm Is Bob Cole actually at the game. The stupid old fart doesn't have a clue.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

nothing wrong with Turris. In a role he isn't supposed to be in and has performed adequately with a 40 year old linemate who looks way past his prime and a revolving door on the other wing.

Fluke loss, forget about it. It's not like they will be playing this team any time soon.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:nothing wrong with Turris. In a role he isn't supposed to be in and has performed adequately with a 40 year old linemate who looks way past his prime and a revolving door on the other wing.

Fluke loss, forget about it. It's not like they will be playing this team any time soon.

I am not talking about tonight. Turris needs to strengthen up, because as of right now Zib is passing him on the depth chart in my eyes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That 3rd goal on Andy was the back breaker.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They do not do well against these teams who get out shot heavily. Anderson needs a lot of shots to stay focused. Those last 2 goals are because he was sleeping most of the 3rd.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bah! Hate that they clinched on our turf. Stupid Leafs fans were all "This is our house!" when we were trying to get out. Must admit, I "accidentally" bumped quite a few of them. Didn't target the head or anything, so I think I'm safe from Shannahan.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:OK, I'm off to the game.

Cheer loudly. Cheering

Got to our seats around 5 minutes after 6. Some Leafs fans in section 110 below us started chanting "Go Leafs Go!" so I quickly replied with "Sixty Seven!" -- that stopped them pretty quick. After that whenever they tried to start up another chant the DJ would crank the music up way loud -- good work there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't even really care about this loss, I just want to make the playoffs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:nothing wrong with Turris. In a role he isn't supposed to be in and has performed adequately with a 40 year old linemate who looks way past his prime and a revolving door on the other wing.

And next time we play them it'll be a somewhat different lineup.

Could have sure used Karlsson tonight. The D did not have a great game, except for Methot. Gonchar looked slow, old and disinterested. Wiercioch was too soft. Cowen was struggling a bit but that's to be expected. Adrenalin's worn off and he's not in game shape yet. Smith was great on face offs, Pageau not too shabby. Unfortunately they weren't the ones taking the majority of the face offs.

I hate saying this, and it's not hindsight, but Kassian was a mistake. He was pretty useless out there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:That 3rd goal on Andy was the back breaker.

Yeah. A few shifts earlier I asked my kid if Kadri was even playing. He was invisible tonight. Then a nothing shot from way out and he's on the scoresheet. Not a good goal by Andy.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I told you he'd be useless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum