GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+15
SensHulk
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
tim1_2
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
spader
Hoags
shabbs
NEELY
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

So much for salaries keeping in line with the cap. Getzlaf will get more than 1/8th of the cap space next year. I think they still have the per-player limit of no more than 20%, which I always thought was way too high. Always thought 10% would be a nice round number, but 15% probably more what the PA would agree to. Well, $8.25 is nearly 13% of the total. I think those salaries work in the NBA because you don't have a 20-man roster.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
LeKing wrote:AAV of 8.25 Million.
Perry is gone no question.

Don't see how they can give him the cash either.

That said, Perry will be getting over 8 mil for sure from whatever team signs him. Sens better pony up if they want any chance at him.

Perry would have the highest contract here, Spezza will want that when his time is up. I can't see the Euge throwing out that much.

Meh, 8.25 for Perry is fine, then is Spez wants that, it's only a 1.25 million increase for one of the best Cs in the league. You pay.

Not if your name is Eugene.

Any team that trades for him has the advantage because of the extra year you can offer... pretty big deal.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Any team that trades for him has the advantage because of the extra year you can offer... pretty big deal.

I guess it depends on whether money is the deciding factor. Does he want maximum $$ or does it matter where he goes and if the team is near Cup contention etc.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

8.5 X max years please. I want him here badly - and Melnyk and Murray should too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's Giroux gonna get lol?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:8.5 X max years please. I want him here badly - and Melnyk and Murray should too.

You know Murray does.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why is every one convinced Perry will get over $8M for sure? Centers, typically, get paid more than wingers. We just happen to need a top-line winger and not a center, otherwise we would be salivating over Getzlaf a hell of a lot more than Perry.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:Why is every one convinced Perry will get over $8M for sure? Centers, typically, get paid more than wingers. We just happen to need a top-line winger and not a center, otherwise we would be salivating over Getzlaf a hell of a lot more than Perry.

He won the Hart 2 years ago, has scored 50 goals, has a cup ring, and Olympic gold. Not sure if this is a serious question or not. If Perry doesn't get 8 mil I'll suck my own Wang.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:Why is every one convinced Perry will get over $8M for sure? Centers, typically, get paid more than wingers. We just happen to need a top-line winger and not a center, otherwise we would be salivating over Getzlaf a hell of a lot more than Perry.

He won the Hart 2 years ago, has scored 50 goals, has a cup ring, and Olympic gold. Not sure if this is a serious question or not. If Perry doesn't get 8 mil I'll suck my own Wang.

I guess I'm just thinking in a $64M cap world, versus $74M, something's got to give. Of course it'll be the middle-class getting squeezed out again, as usual. Scrubs' salaries keep going up -- $500M league min now, going up $25K each year. The stars will get $8M type contacts. That means no more $4.2M for the Mike Fishers of the world. There's going to be a few NHLers heading overseas next year.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He'll get 8M because someone will give him, pretty simple.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I guess I'm just thinking in a $64M cap world, versus $74M, something's got to give. Of course it'll be the middle-class getting squeezed out again, as usual. Scrubs' salaries keep going up -- $500M league min now, going up $25K each year. The stars will get $8M type contacts. That means no more $4.2M for the Mike Fishers of the world. There's going to be a few NHLers heading overseas next year.

That's not how it works. You sign him and you think about the cap later. Who was the last player of this calibre with that pedigree to test free agency? No one.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The good thing about the Sens is Spezza is only making 5 mil real doallars and 4 mil the year after... Karlsson and Turris are both back loaded, that's leaves a lot of money available now for Perry if he does sign.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll also try to suck my own Wang if he makes less than 8.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

We have several positives going for us in the Perry sweeps.

1) Close to home
2) Karlsson - Spezza
3) MacLean
4) Cap space coming out the a$$
5) Up and coming team with alot of buzz surrounding the near future.
6) Assets to trade to Anaheim to get him her NOW!!!!!!!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:The good thing about the Sens is Spezza is only making 5 mil real doallars and 4 mil the year after... Karlsson and Turris are both back loaded, that's leaves a lot of money available now for Perry if he does sign.

Holy Dung... I actually totally forgot that we had already extended Turris. Stupid lockout!

You do have to wonder about the team's 'internal cap.' Spezza's making $7 mil AAV, Karlsson $6.5 mil AAV. Can you bring in a new guy and instantly make him the highest paid player on the team? That's what we'd have to do with Perry. Even 7x7 for him sounds on the low side, given this Getzlaf deal.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I would expect that the internal budget that we have had over the last couple years was predicated on the lockout coming, ticket sales this year and progress on the ice. I have ZERO doubts that Murray has been preparing Melnyk for this for 2 years. Remember Melnyk was ready to open the wallet for Nash.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I'll also try to suck my own Wang if he makes less than 8.

Thanks for the visual, guys. Good thing I didn't bring lunch today.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

That's not how it works. You sign him and you think about the cap later. Who was the last player of this calibre with that pedigree to test free agency? No one.

Pedigree? Lots. But way pas their "Best Before" date. Couple of them ended up here, as I recall.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum