GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+11
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
NEELY
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Hoags
sandysensfan
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

31NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:22 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sounds like the NHLPA is asking the players to quickly re-vote on the DOI filing. Since they passed their internal deadline, they feel a need to re-vote for some reason.

Also, the cap floor has come up as an issue between owners. Teams don't want it to go up too much as many can't afford to even spend to the floor with the new rules.

32NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:32 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Sounds like the NHLPA is asking the players to quickly re-vote on the DOI filing. Since they passed their internal deadline, they feel a need to re-vote for some reason.

Also, the cap floor has come up as an issue between owners. Teams don't want it to go up too much as many can't afford to even spend to the floor with the new rules.

This is where I am with the players. Too FU****** BAD!

33NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Sounds like the NHLPA is asking the players to quickly re-vote on the DOI filing. Since they passed their internal deadline, they feel a need to re-vote for some reason.

I'm not sure how many teams "can't afford" to spend to the floor. I'm sure many don't want to spend to the floor, though.

34NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Josh Rimer:

"Player told me "PA still feels NHL is purposely hiding money & that we've let all players know about it." This will take a little longer."

https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/status/286902339154087936

Ugh.

35NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:27 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

And this is where I tell the PA to screw off. They opened up their books to them and they still don't buy it.

36NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chris Stevenson ‏@CJ_Stevenson wrote:

Hearing rumours NHL teams are reaching out to their coaches and telling them to be ready. Some are booking flites to their cities.

37NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Hearing rumours NHL teams are reaching out to their coaches and telling them to be ready. Some are booking flites to their cities.

I am sure I heard this in november...
Let's all just shut up and wait until Bettman says a deal is done.

38NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Feeling is PA is just trying to get the most out of this that they can and once the deadline is actually here, the deal will be done.

39NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Katie Strang:

"#CBA Sounds like the HRR/penalty issue, although it has since been resolved, only helped to further erode trust between two sides. "

https://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/status/286924986613133312

40NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:19 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeKid wrote:
wprager wrote:

Not sure if it's true...

Josh Rimer:

"Been told there's No Truth to rumours NHL contacting NHL Coaches telling them to be ready."

https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/status/286929256670429185

41NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:34 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It seems that a $60M cap in 2013/14 is the new hill the NHL will die on. NHLPA has come down to $65M and added in second compliance buyout...

So going from $70.2M to $60M. Heh. Those teams that spent large are going to be in trouble.

42NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:55 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:It seems that a $60M cap in 2013/14 is the new hill the NHL will die on. NHLPA has come down to $65M and added in second compliance buyout...

So going from $70.2M to $60M. Heh. Those teams that spent large are going to be in trouble.

The difference is 5M. How about they split it in the middle -- or do it at 63M? The issue is the floor. If the Cap ceiling is 65M then the floor is 49M.. which the NHL thinks is too high. Why don't they have a $20M or $25M flat difference between the high and the low? It's always been the floor causing the problems... not the high.

There has also been reports (Eklund again) that the NHL may consider a 30% salary variance within the contracts. Now that's more than the NHLPA requested... so what does the NHL want back? At least... if that is indeed the truth...

43NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:
wprager wrote:

See, this is why you only have >3< Boba Fetts.

44NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:
The difference is 5M. How about they split it in the middle -- or do it at 63M? The issue is the floor. If the Cap ceiling is 65M then the floor is 49M.. which the NHL thinks is too high. Why don't they have a $20M or $25M flat difference between the high and the low? It's always been the floor causing the problems... not the high.

There has also been reports (Eklund again) that the NHL may consider a 30% salary variance within the contracts. Now that's more than the NHLPA requested... so what does the NHL want back? At least... if that is indeed the truth...

That's it in a nutshell. Spread the ceiling and floor, getting rid of stupid contracts, and, sure, the parity in the league takes a tumble, but that's what the draft is for -- the bad teams get better via higher picks. Aren't they also increasing the UFA age? That would allow those teams to hang on to their young stars a little longer.

30%? I'm really wondering -- and slightly worried -- about that. Unless they mean 30% year-over-year. The current 20% would be either on the average cap hit or the first year's salary. So if the player got $10M in year one, it could drop $2M in any subsequent year.

45NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:43 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The NHLPA has filed documents in court asking the courts to dismiss the NHL's suit. This was expected as they had to respond.

https://twitter.com/stevezipay/status/286944633852944386

"Meanwhile, NHLPA files motion in federal court in NY seeking to dismiss league's mid-December suit to have lockout declared legal, AP says. "

46NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Players will start a new vote on DOI tonight. 48-hour window to complete.

General consensus is that this will go on for another week, right up to the deadline.

So sit back and relax.

47NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:33 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#DregerFace goes mainstream!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/photo-stressed-canadian-tv-reporter-408049

48NHL CBA Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:#DregerFace goes mainstream!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/photo-stressed-canadian-tv-reporter-408049

Some in there I haven't even seen yet. The Godfather was really nice; loved the Bobby Orr flying goal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum