GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+11
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
NEELY
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Hoags
sandysensfan
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 14]

106NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:46 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:LeBrun: Told the NHL has moved to $62.5 M on Year 2 cap, up from $60 M....

Last I saw, the NHLPA was at $64.3M. Getting there...

Can't imagine they'll cancel the season over $1.8 shmil.
They still have issues with variance on contracts, term of deals, walkaway arbitration, pension and buyouts.

Still work to do.

But they must be getting close.

107NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:08 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As I said before...this gets done soon, season to commence mid-Jan. It's fairly obvious that's what both sides have in mind now, and it's a last second game of chicken now to eek out the last few cents.

108NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:16 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:LeBrun: Told the NHL has moved to $62.5 M on Year 2 cap, up from $60 M....

They still have issues with variance on contracts, term of deals, walkaway arbitration, pension and buyouts.

Still work to do.

But they must be getting close.

Oh, fair enough. I didn't mean to imply that this was the only contentious issue. I just meant that it shows how close they are now.

109NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

Average salary in the NHL is $2.4M 50 games is - pro-rated from 82 games - $1.463M. Multiply that by 21 players on the roster, and that is $30.7M.

So, will the players stubbornly hold out for an extra $1.8M and risk losing $30.7M? Yep, sounds about right.

110NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:44 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

It's after 4:30 and they're still talking.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Told no sign of momentum slowing dwn btween #NHLPA #NHL as of 4:30am est. Many pleasantly surprised wee hrs finally time 4 real negotiation

111NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:46 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lockout over. For some reason I woke up right when it happened - no alarm, phone is on silent. Spidey senses...

112NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:53 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Close this stupid thread!

113NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:00 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i can't wait to see Sidney Crosby and Erik Karlsson lead the scoring race

114NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:35 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Draft lotta changes, all 14 teams can potentially get the #1 pick overall... the way it should be!

115NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Where's the euphoria? I expected an earth shattering euphoria.

116NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:15 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's start up a trade deadline TRADE BONANZA!!! thread!

117NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtuW3SfK4HstMKct8MNBXPATDj70taX_44qN7eDAyiRUo0p4AXXg

- Unknown Author

118NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:35 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Close this stupid thread!

I wouldn't want to "Lock-out" our members from this thread though. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

119NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:38 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Puck drop tonight!

120NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:39 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's the latest, shabber?

121NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:44 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The shabber is looking at the deal and wondering why it took so long to get to it.

122NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:53 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:The shabber is looking at the deal and wondering why it took so long to get to it.

Not so fast... This is an old tactic of Buzz Hargrove's: pretend you agree "in principle" to the deal, have the lockout lifted, then go on strike!!!

123NHL CBA Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:14 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-lockout/2013/01/06/grange_nhl_nhlpa_cba_tentative_deal_reached/

The term of the new CBA is for 10 years, lasting the through the 2021-22 season, though each side has an opt-out they can use after eight seasons.

The other major pillars of the deal are as follows:

* HRR (hockey-related revenue) will be shared on a 50-50 basis for the life of the deal, as compared to the 57-43 split the players enjoyed in the last year of the previous deal.

* To make up for the drop in players' share of HRR from 57 per cent of HRR in Year 1 and 2, the 'make-whole' provision will be $300 million.

* The players have a new pension plan with a defined benefit structure modeled after the one the players have in MLB.

* The maximum length of a players' contract will be seven years for free agents and eight years for teams that are signing their own player. There was no limit under the previous CBA.

* The value of the contracts can vary a maximum of 35 per cent from the value of the previous year of the deal as a measure to eliminate the cap-circumventing deals that cropped up under the last CBA. As well the maximum any year can differ from the first year of the contract is 50 per cent -- so a deal worth $10 million in the first year can't have any years worth less than $5-million.

* The salary cap in the 2013-14 will be $64.3 million.

* The league has committed to increasing revenue sharing to $200 million with half of the pool coming from the top-10 earning clubs and no qualification standards imposed teams getting the payouts.

* The league has also created a $60 million industry growth fund that can be used at the commissioner's discretion in struggling markets.

* The players maintained their free agency rights and salary arbitration rights from the previous CBA -- the NHL had been looking to restrict both.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum