GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+18
DirtyDave
Oglethorpe
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
rooneypoo
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Amnesia021
SeawaySensFan
spader
dennycrane
sandysensfan
Riprock
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
Ev
Hoags
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

1NHL CBA Talk Empty NHL CBA Talk Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Might as well start a thread on this one. According to Renaud Lavoie:

https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/status/223958677789491201
NHL proposal to players: 1-reduce players hockey related revenues to 46% from 57 %. 2-10 seasons in NHL before being UFA.

https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/status/223959023102341120
3-contracts limites to 5 years 4-no more salary arbitration. 5- entry-level contract 5 years instead of 3

Well if they want that, can you say lockout ? :crossarms:

2NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

it's really nothing to get worked up about. Start out high. Basic negotiating. Fans need to relax and everything will work out, just as it did in the NFL last summer. They lost the preseason, which some people think is a good thing anyway.

The PA will counter, the NHL will try to lessen their demands. There's really no bitterness or conflict in these negotiations as there was in 2004.

3NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:34 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And so it begins...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400580

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/07/14/grange_nhl_owners_split_personality_cba_talks/

Highlights:

Among the pillars of a new-look CBA should the owners get their way when the current version expires Sept. 15 are:

--- A reduction of the player's share of hockey related revenue to 46 per cent from the 57 per cent it is currently.

---10 years of NHL service time to become a free agent, up from seven.

---Five year contract limits - Ilya Kovalchuk signed a 15-year deal in 2010 and Zach Parise and Ryan Suter signed 13-year deals last week.

---Players would not be eligible for signing bonuses

---Entry level deals would extend from three years to five.

Also, the New York Post is reporting that the definition of what is hockey related revenue would be redefined under the NHL proposal so the players would be getting a smaller share of a reduced gross number.

4NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:58 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can I add a "pillar" for the fans?

FP1. This (and future) CBAs set to expire at the end of the regular season and not 3 weeks before the start of the next one.

5NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:06 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They can always add the "franchise player tag" to by-pass some of the restrictions for star players.

6NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:18 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That is one aggressive first stab at changes by the NHL... this should be interesting... can't wait to see what the NHLPA responds with...

7NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:13 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah that's a pretty hard line to take and could be border line insulting. Pushing back UFA and and making the ELC longer is a very good idea though and will bring down salaries.

8NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:49 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

might be in the minority, but I wouldn't mind missing a month or two if it ment getting a long-term deal done. Bingo would dominate with Cowen, etc.

9NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:52 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:might be in the minority, but I wouldn't mind missing a month or two if it ment getting a long-term deal done. Bingo would dominate with Cowen, etc.

Other teams can do the same. Happened last time too and Bingo may have iced the potential best ever AHL team and they still lost in the 2nd round.

Hockey going on a lock out would be a disaster and even I would stop going to games... the NHL won't recover.

10NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:53 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

the NBA looked like their season was done for good. They were so far apart. Then they came to a deal two months into the lockout and teams played 66 games instead of 82. Season's long as it is, so I'd take that in the NHL for a year.

11NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:54 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:might be in the minority, but I wouldn't mind missing a month or two if it ment getting a long-term deal done. Bingo would dominate with Cowen, etc.

Other teams can do the same. Happened last time too and Bingo may have iced the potential best ever AHL team and they still lost in the 2nd round.

Hockey going on a lock out would be a disaster and even I would stop going to games... the NHL won't recover.

There is no chance there is a full season lockout. Missing a month or so wouldn't be the end of the world.

12NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:01 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They shouldn't miss any time at all. Everyone is making money hand over fist right now and losing time because other want more money is disgusting. I won't support the NHL in any financial sense if they miss a single game.

13NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:09 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
There is no chance there is a full season lockout. Missing a month or so wouldn't be the end of the world.

Donald Fehr is the head of the NHLPA, not much reason to be optimistic, although sky isn't falling yet.

14NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:40 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

OK City would be something else though.

15NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:They shouldn't miss any time at all. Everyone is making money hand over fist right now and losing time because other want more money is disgusting. I won't support the NHL in any financial sense if they miss a single game.

Not true. There are a lot more teams losing money than those making money. The cap has helped parity (initially) but it has hurt the teams in smaller markets in terms of trying to make a profit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum