GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vote for NHL 13 Cover player

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:07 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://covervote.nhl.com/:b=chrome/#/ballot

EA sports is opening the selection for their NHL 13 player to fan voting. It's a bracket type voting, the two Sens players to choose between are Spezza and Karlsson. I am going to vote Karlsson, and encourage you all to flood the votes like the ASG, so the Leafs don't win.

You'll have to sign-up for an NHL.com account if you don't have one already. You can vote 10x day. You DO NOT have to vote for anyone else, you can simply vote Karlsson if you wished.

2Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Re: Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:19 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

After sitting here for the past 12 mins voting I think I may have realized there is no limit to voting - the 10x daily limit appears to be for the draw to win a trip to Vegas... so vote away!!!!

3Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Re: Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:26 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There is a curse associated with appearing on the cover of any EA Sports game. #VoteKessel

Seriously though, if it's unlimited voting, why even bother. There was some Twitter campaign afoot to get Matt Stajan on the cover.

4Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Re: Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:33 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Round 1 voting goes from today (March 29) to April 11.

5Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Re: Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:34 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:There is a curse associated with appearing on the cover of any EA Sports game. #VoteKessel

Seriously though, if it's unlimited voting, why even bother. There was some Twitter campaign afoot to get Matt Stajan on the cover.

That curse is over. The past guys have been Kane, Toews and Stamkos... not much of a curse there.

6Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Re: Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:59 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe The Curse is just biding it's time.

7Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Re: Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:There is a curse associated with appearing on the cover of any EA Sports game. #VoteKessel

That curse is over. The past guys have been Kane, Toews and Stamkos... not much of a curse there.

Toews got eliminated in the first round. Stamkos will miss the playoffs.

The curse is making a come-back.

8Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Re: Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:25 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Riprock wrote:

Toews got eliminated in the first round. Stamkos will miss the playoffs.

The curse is making a come-back.

Having overrated players on the cover makes predictable results seem like a curse. Put a real player like Spezza or Karlsson on there and watch an Ottawa dynasty start.

9Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Re: Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If you believe in curses, then I'd be more worried about how you believe in foolish, irrational superstitions instead of who is on the cover of a videogame Facepalm

Just vote for Karlsson damnit. Why would you not want a Senator player on the cover of an international videogame played by millions of people worldwide?

In fact, because he is Swedish, they might even keep him on the cover in Sweden. (They do different covers in Europe).

10Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Re: Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:

There is no NHL curse, it's a Madden curse.

11Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Re: Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well people have talked about a "curse" associated with being on the cover of the NHL. I think most significantly it was Dany Heatley who after being named to the cover had the accident and a new version of the game was released with I think Sakic on the cover.

But as I said... irrational.

12Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Re: Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Isn't the Madden curse the one with the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue?

13Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Re: Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Oh and Kane's assault happened after being named to the cover.

But Toews and Kane won the SC, Stamkos is a Rocket Richard and top scorer in the league

14Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Re: Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm more concerned with them actually improving the Cussing game for cone as opposed to who's on the cover. Same game every year!

15Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Empty Re: Vote for NHL 13 Cover player Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Just vote damnit. Seriously. Who cares about what you think about the game right now - this is about voting a Senator on the cover. And besides, nothing about the game has been revealed, so your comment is irrelevant until you have anything to be actual concerned about.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum