GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you could pick one player...

+7
Jordo
Cronie
SensGirl11
davetherave
SensFan71
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1If you could pick one player... Empty If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If you could pick one player to spend the day with and pick their brain who would it be? I'm talking anyone, even if they've passed away, imagine a time machine to go back and speak with them.

I personally would love to sit down and talk with Mario Lemieux as my first choice but I would also love to talk with Bobby Orr.

Since you have to pick just ONE, my choice is Mario Lemieux.

EDIT: This also is assuming they will tell you the complete truth about anything you ask as well.

- Unknown Author

2If you could pick one player... Empty Re: If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:59 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One of the current Sens for sure.

Alfredsson, Spezza or Heater probably.

From Alfie, I'd pick his brain about how much he wanted to win a Cup, how he thought it could happen etc.

From Spezza, I would have a tete-a-tete about how I think he could become one of the elites in the league.

From Heater, I'd love to know the passion level of winning. Would he sacrifice everything to win a Cup? I have a feeling he would, but there are questions I would prepare to make sure (for my own piece of mind).

3If you could pick one player... Empty Re: If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:00 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

for me, it's a pretty easy choice, I would love to sit down and pick the brain of Mr. Hockey himself, Gordie Howe, and would want to know everything from his first game right until he finally decided to hang up the skates for good.

4If you could pick one player... Empty Re: If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:05 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Bobby Orr. A day with the best player ever, who spanned the era between the 'Original 6' and the first waves of expansion, and changed the way the game is played...wow.

5If you could pick one player... Empty Re: If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:06 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:One of the current Sens for sure.

Alfredsson, Spezza or Heater probably.

From Alfie, I'd pick his brain about how much he wanted to win a Cup, how he thought it could happen etc.

From Spezza, I would have a tete-a-tete about how I think he could become one of the elites in the league.

From Heater, I'd love to know the passion level of winning. Would he sacrifice everything to win a Cup? I have a feeling he would, but there are questions I would prepare to make sure (for my own piece of mind).

Really Heater? Of all the greats in Hockey? No offense to those guys but you wouldn't rather hear from Gordie Howe, Rocket Richard, Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Orr?

I see where you went with this in terms of knowing more about the Sens and trying to go at it from that angle though.

- Unknown Author

6If you could pick one player... Empty Re: If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:08 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Bobby Orr. A day with the best player ever, who spanned the era between the 'Original 6' and the first waves of expansion, and changed the way the game is played...wow.

He was definitely one I thought of but, showing my age, I grew up watching Mario Lemieux and prefering him over Gretzky. He will always be my favourite player and to be able to sit down and pick his brain would defy words.

- Unknown Author

7If you could pick one player... Empty Re: If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:20 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Really Heater? Of all the greats in Hockey? No offense to those guys but you wouldn't rather hear from Gordie Howe, Rocket Richard, Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Orr?

I see where you went with this in terms of knowing more about the Sens and trying to go at it from that angle though.

Maybe Lidstrom or Gretzky, but I wouldn't go farther back than Gretzky. I want to know about everything vibrant and relative to the game from recently and going forward.

I want to know what the main guys on my team have to say about that state of the game, the winning, the losing, the passion, who they consider the best player, what they dislike about the game rules. etc. etc. etc.

A lot of my questions would be detail oriented and pretty boring. Certain situations etc. What can I say, I love the game we have now, I respect the guys that played in the other eras, but I'm 33 and I'd like to get a more modern take.

8If you could pick one player... Empty Re: If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:37 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I would have to go with Dominik Hasek. He's always been my favorite player and I would love to have a crack at what goes on in that head of his and to know how he became so awesome! I would also like to have a chat with him to see what went wrong the year he broke his adductor (whatever it was) and kept teasing us that he'd come back and never did. And why he chose to go to Turin when he said he absolutely would not be going.
Man, if only he would've been healthy that year...

Then I would have to go with Alfie, no need to explain why.

9If you could pick one player... Empty Re: If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:49 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have to say Bobby Orr, mainly because my mother had a crush on him, and my father adored him so I heard his name a LOT in my house, and I'm only sorry I wasn't born two decades earlier and missed the chance to watch him play LIVE.

Man, the stories he would have...

10If you could pick one player... Empty Re: If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:56 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

An interesting question- and a lot of people are wanting to be with significant stars. But I'd LOVE to spend a day talking to Al Iafrate.
Just imagine the stories that guys like him and Probert would have.

Sure they aren't the superstars discussed from earlier posts, but guaranteed you would get sooo much enjoyment out of that day.

11If you could pick one player... Empty Re: If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Also...maybe the mystery has worn off for me a little with these guys. My Aunt (she's a cousin, but we've always called her an Aunt) nailed all of these guys. Every one of them. She was a Puck Bunny (and a Football Bunny etc.), so we've heard a lot of stories pertaining to Bobby Hull, Gordie Howe, one of the Richards (can't remember, sorry) - all of the guys who would come through Montreal - usually as members of the Hawks for whatever reason.

There was a while that some of us (me) were convinced that Brett Hull was her kid. I still kinda think he is...but, she flatly denies...so...

12If you could pick one player... Empty Re: If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh man, you have a great point Jordo. Probert was my FAVORITE fighter as a kid. I used to be in awe of guys like him and McSorley.

Can I change my answer?! LOL

13If you could pick one player... Empty Re: If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:08 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Steve Yzerman... One of the best... A great player, leader and know in the management with the Wings and our Olympic team with Canada.

14If you could pick one player... Empty Re: If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:14 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I'd like to toss back a few beer with Ed Belfour. There is guy who played his Donkey off, then went and got Dung at the bar afterwards. He just seems to ball of fun

15If you could pick one player... Empty Re: If you could pick one player... Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:48 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Dion PHaneuf.
I would tell him that his girlfriend is welcome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum