GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vote my wife into space!!

+10
spader
Ev
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
asq2
TheAvatar
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

151Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:30 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:It keeps saying I can't vote until the next day... and it's been about 2-3 days since I voted.

Are you, by any chance, using a workstation at the university?

152Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I voted from home, the next day got the same message (again from home). Today I tried from University. I am using my Macbook pro.

153Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:35 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

154Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:42 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think it let me vote twice today... is that the amount allowed daily? What gives?

155Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:56 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Riprock wrote:I think it let me vote twice today... is that the amount allowed daily? What gives?
You can vote 10 times per day per public IP address. I've had some issues voting before too. Not sure if that's because I happened to get an IP address that was used by someone else to vote or not. That seems pretty unlikely.

156Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:I voted from home, the next day got the same message (again from home). Today I tried from University. I am using my Macbook pro.

You have to wait 24 hours between voting. So if you voted at 9PM one day then tried the next day at 5PM, nuh-huh. So you wait and vote at 11, before going to bed. Next day you can't vote until after that, and if you go to bead early, you pretty much missed that whole day. Not the best system.

Over here at work I've got some weirdness going on. I have a VNC server session running on my linux box that I access from my laptop all the time. I've got Firebird running on my linux box so I get 10 more votes (on top of the 10 I get using my laptop at home, another 10 when I get to work, and another 10 on my BB). Then I try to telnet to some lab workstation, set my DISPLAY to point back to my VNC session and fire up firefox there. A few times that worked, but lately it's been telling me I can't vote. Could be that, somehow, the IP of linux box is detected, even thought I telnet to the remote lab workstation. I swear it worked before, but not recently.

157Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:57 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

158Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So is the person with the most votes the only one that ges into space? Cause 1st place has 75K Ahhhhh!

159Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mike Smith (Bubbles) is in in too http://metroinspace.com/ca/view/cule#.T3N_iCmOyRo.twitter

160Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:So is the person with the most votes the only one that ges into space? Cause 1st place has 75K Ahhhhh!

When we got started he was at 67K. Catching up. Slowly.

And, no, this is just the Canad outside Quebec. The contest is world-wide. But it's fun trying.

161Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

26,755 voting surge has tapered off from the 6,000 2 day boost. keep reminding sharing and voting. :D

162Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bubbles had his account deleted and has fans acted like compete jackasses and now the metro site is down.big surprise.

163Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:43 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bubbles has surged into the lead... he has 81,441 votes now.

Dammit.

164Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hopefully another country wins out all.

165Vote my wife into space!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vote my wife into space!! Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:24 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum