GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+17
rooneypoo
KidKarlsson
sandysensfan
cash
dennycrane
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
Hobiesens
Ev
shabbs
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
wprager
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 24]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

There's a difference between trying and making good choices. A lot of people will tell you that Carter was never a good choice from the start.

Trading young players and picks on a lottery team for a known "cancer" is not the right way to improve a team.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:While you can argue no player is worth what they are getting, in the NHL, Nash is worth it. Franchise leader, captain, Team Canada member, multiple All-Star, Maurice Richard co-winner, 0.81 career PG player on a bottom team.

Except he isn't a great player. He's a very good player, not great. He's more in the Kessle mode.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

I think both parties are at fault here. It was embarrassing what howson did today, but whatever nash's agent said and rick Nash giving his 'no comment' responses didn't help matters at all. His attitude looked like it changed

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:Dreger is still at it:

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works! - Page 21 Snap312

The Genius could have ended up with all 30 first round picks, had he chosen to. He's that good.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ddt wrote:

The Genius could have ended up with all 30 first round picks, had he chosen to. He's that good.

He should have cashed the MacArthur chip in if that's true. Schenn and Grabovski I can buy, but if he didn't cash in on MacArthur while he still had 1st round value, he's crazy. Thus...Dreger must be wrong on this one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works! - Page 21 Fu13n

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Canucks know Kassian will never outscore Hodgson. That's not why they made that deal. I prefer Buffalo's side but Kassian still has the potential to be a dickhead tough PF for them.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can't believe the Ducks didn't do anything. They say they want to make the playoffs but they have to pass 5 teams to do it....

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:Has anyone posted Alyonka Larionov's "Teach me how to Burke" video?

Holy Dung, who is that?!?

Igor Larionov's little girl, Alyonka. She's doing hockey blogging/reporting/whatever. Not really sure which outlet she's affiliated with. Anyhow, the trade deadline day was a bit slow so she did this parody of Burke.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
LeKid wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:Has anyone posted Alyonka Larionov's "Teach me how to Burke" video?

Holy Dung, who is that?!?

Igor Larionov's daughter. Works a bit at TSN now
EDIT: OVechkin's ex GF too I think?

TSN's response to SN's Evanka Osmak. Let's hope this is the beginning of an "arms" race. Nod

Yes. Let's hope this Cold War keeps heating up.

We need somehow to incorporate martial metaphors that involve the words "erection" and "bush tactics" right now.

I'm not clever enough. Let's argue about the right - left thing! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

I can't wait to hear either one of them talk about the much beloved "back door play" in hockey. Naughty

Two for roughing?

Third man in.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Countdown to Howson being canned...3 months...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Countdown to Howson being canned...3 months...

And people think Murray is a bad GM, look at what Howson is doing ... Laugh1

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ddt wrote:

Agreed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Countdown to Howson being canned...3 months...

And people think Murray is a bad GM, look at what Howson is doing ... Laugh1

Only Toronto and Montreal fans think Murray is a bad GM (and I guess other clueless fans). How anyone can say that now is beyond me....

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I feel horrible for Hodgson having to go to Barfallo, but he says at least he is closer to home.

Cody was stuck on the 3rd/4th lines band would always be behind Sedin and Kesler. Kassian can contribute offensively, he has in the OHL, whether he can do it at this level is another thing, but he brings size and toughness. Put him infront of the net like Burrows and watch him tally some points.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:I feel horrible for Hodgson having to go to Barfallo, but he says at least he is closer to home.

Cody was stuck on the 3rd/4th lines band would always be behind Sedin and Kesler. Kassian can contribute offensively, he has in the OHL, whether he can do it at this level is another thing, but he brings size and toughness. Put him infront of the net like Burrows and watch him tally some points.

I'm somewhere between indifferent because he doesn't play for Ottawa and also envious because he gets to cash an NHL paycheque.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So Nash said he told Columbus they should consider trading him to help their rebuild since he figured they could improve the team for the long run.

Says he never said anything bad about ownership, GM, coaches. Loves the city and love the fans.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:So Nash said he told Columbus they should consider trading him to help their rebuild since he figured they could improve the team for the long run.

Says he never said anything bad about ownership, GM, coaches. Loves the city and love the fans.

Then you have to reconcile that with his agent basically saying trade him now or the list gets shorter. If he truly wanted to help, he would have submitted a list of about 18 - 20 teams.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum