GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+17
rooneypoo
KidKarlsson
sandysensfan
cash
dennycrane
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
Hobiesens
Ev
shabbs
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
wprager
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 24]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:I feel horrible for Hodgson having to go to Barfallo, but he says at least he is closer to home.

Cody was stuck on the 3rd/4th lines band would always be behind Sedin and Kesler. Kassian can contribute offensively, he has in the OHL, whether he can do it at this level is another thing, but he brings size and toughness. Put him infront of the net like Burrows and watch him tally some points.

I'm somewhere between indifferent because he doesn't play for Ottawa and also envious because he gets to cash an NHL paycheque.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

So Nash said he told Columbus they should consider trading him to help their rebuild since he figured they could improve the team for the long run.

Says he never said anything bad about ownership, GM, coaches. Loves the city and love the fans.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:So Nash said he told Columbus they should consider trading him to help their rebuild since he figured they could improve the team for the long run.

Says he never said anything bad about ownership, GM, coaches. Loves the city and love the fans.

Then you have to reconcile that with his agent basically saying trade him now or the list gets shorter. If he truly wanted to help, he would have submitted a list of about 18 - 20 teams.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

All I know is if you are wanting out of a rebuilding team, you're unlikely to ant to go to another rebuilding team, otherwise you'd just stay in the city you love. So, if you subtract all the teams he would consider no better than Columbus, what are you left with? And then the teams that can actually afford him?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Then you have to reconcile that with his agent basically saying trade him now or the list gets shorter. If he truly wanted to help, he would have submitted a list of about 18 - 20 teams.

Well he submitted a list of teams but I believe he was open to consider others.

His agent (not sure how Nash had a hand in this) then went out and said the list ain't changing in the summer to try and force Columbus to trade him at the deadline since he apparently wanted to play in the playoffs this year.

Kind of lame for him to do that but I can't blame him for wanting to choose a good destination after putting with Columbus' Dung for years.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:All I know is if you are wanting out of a rebuilding team, you're unlikely to ant to go to another rebuilding team, otherwise you'd just stay in the city you love. So, if you subtract all the teams he would consider no better than Columbus, what are you left with? And then the teams that can actually afford him?

Not to invite a debate on whether he's a great player or whatever, Ottawa could easily afford him and they're a playoff team with upside. Just as an example.

Those restrictions would take care of themselves since the teams that can't afford him don't put in offers and then he can pick and choose as offers are coming in from the other teams.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe things will change at the draft.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Maybe things will change at the draft.

So far the threat has been that it won't. Maybe if Nash changed his position Sunday night, he'd be on a playoff team right now. Guess he doesn't mind missing another playoff run.

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Riprock wrote:All I know is if you are wanting out of a rebuilding team, you're unlikely to ant to go to another rebuilding team, otherwise you'd just stay in the city you love. So, if you subtract all the teams he would consider no better than Columbus, what are you left with? And then the teams that can actually afford him?

Hmmm, 29 teams?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Did Vanc make a mistake trading Hodgson. They traded skill for thuggery. Sure Kassian can score and hit... I hope Vanc has a good PK.

To me Kassian is Downie 2.0.. better skilled but a dangerous player who when out of control will seriously hurt someone.

They probably did this deal to match up to go against Boston... but they have to get by Detroit or Nashville first.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:Did Vanc make a mistake trading Hodgson. They traded skill for thuggery. Sure Kassian can score and hit... I hope Vanc has a good PK.

To me Kassian is Downie 2.0.. better skilled but a dangerous player who when out of control will seriously hurt someone.

They probably did this deal to match up to go against Boston... but they have to get by Detroit or Nashville first.

Yeah, Downie's a great comparison actually.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

sandysensfan wrote:Did Vanc make a mistake trading Hodgson. They traded skill for thuggery. Sure Kassian can score and hit... I hope Vanc has a good PK.

HAHA so?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Riprock wrote:Maybe things will change at the draft.

So far the threat has been that it won't. Maybe if Nash changed his position Sunday night, he'd be on a playoff team right now. Guess he doesn't mind missing another playoff run.

Because he likes Columbus. I'm pretty sure that he asked for a trade assuming that's what Columbus wanted - he was only trying to do the right thing for them. PRetty sure he is more than happy to stay if that's what is wanted, afterall he did re-sign there twice. Both times he re-signed Columbus wasn't looking like a contender either.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

ddt wrote:

Hmmm, 29 teams?

More like 20 max. Edmonton's still a rebuilding team, Colorado's been a bottom finisher for a while, Iles too, Florida too....

Factor in that any team wanting him is going to have to trade away a lot, which makes little sense.

So, here's the dilemma. Nash agrees for Columbus to look to trade him, but Columbus refuses to trade him unless they get what they want. Since it is highly unlikely a team is going to part with a top 6 forward, a top 4 defenceman/a young #1 goalie, and a 1st + prospect(s), what do you expect to happen?

This is a no-win situation.

While Nash did ask to be traded, I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of what Columbus wanted.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

HAHA so?

Oh, just that any player that purposely tries to injure another isn't good for the game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:
ddt wrote:

Hmmm, 29 teams?

More like 20 max. Edmonton's still a rebuilding team, Colorado's been a bottom finisher for a while, Iles too, Florida too....

Factor in that any team wanting him is going to have to trade away a lot, which makes little sense.

So, here's the dilemma. Nash agrees for Columbus to look to trade him, but Columbus refuses to trade him unless they get what they want. Since it is highly unlikely a team is going to part with a top 6 forward, a top 4 defenceman/a young #1 goalie, and a 1st + prospect(s), what do you expect to happen?

This is a no-win situation.

While Nash did ask to be traded, I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of what Columbus wanted.

If Nash increases his possible destinations it increases the odds that Columbus get what they want, or close to it. That should be in line with Nash's goal of helping the Jackets, unless that's not his goal at all.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe, or maybe Howson sticks to his guns. And how likely is it that a team looking to improve trades multiple huge key pieces for one?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:
NEELY wrote:

HAHA so?

Oh, just that any player that purposely tries to injure another isn't good for the game.

Say what you want but having a guy like Lucic or Kassian on your team intimidates the other team. It pays off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum