GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+17
rooneypoo
KidKarlsson
sandysensfan
cash
dennycrane
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
Hobiesens
Ev
shabbs
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
wprager
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 24]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Isles wanted Mark Stone and high pick for Parenteau, per Sens Chirp

Haha, well Snow ended up getting nothing for a guy that's going to walk... and another year of no playoffs.

He's not going to walk. He wants to be there

We'll see about that one. No one wants to be in NYI.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:Holy smokes Cody Hodgson for Kassian????

EDIT: CONFIRMED! maybe more pieces

Like that deal a lot for the Canucks.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Dung...I can't believe Hodgson just got traded...WTF.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Gragnani also headed to Vancouver with Sulzer going to Buffalo

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What a shocking trade. Diddle...

GREAT for Buffalo. One of the trades of the year IMO.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Buffalo made out like bandits today. I can't believe anyone would make that trade lol. Holy Dung Gillis...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Isles wanted Mark Stone and high pick for Parenteau, per Sens Chirp

Haha, well Snow ended up getting nothing for a guy that's going to walk... and another year of no playoffs.

He's not going to walk. He wants to be there

We'll see about that one. No one wants to be in NYI.

Tavares....

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:What a shocking trade. Diddle...

Buffalo got a #2 center. Hodgson was #3 at best in Vancouver and probably always would have been, they didn't need him. They needed a Kassian because that guy will go toe to toe with Lucic and perhaps put up the same kind of points he does as well.

Vancouver got the player they needed, not the player that's about as redundant as you can get.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Tavares....

RFA ... no choice unless he wants to try and pull a Turris.

Parenteau is a UFA, he can do what he wants.

If he gets the $$ and term he wants, he'll stay but given the stupid contracts handed out on July 1st I say he'll wait til July (and I'm sure his agent will advise him to do so).

Last edited by Hoags on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie

everyone is getting ready to jump off a cliff here in Vancouver over Hodgson trade... I think it is a good one for them though. Vancouver has enough soft offensive talent with the sisters and Raymond etc. They lose a little scoring in Hodgson but gain extra grit in Kassian. Good piece to add for a playoff bound team

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Buffalo made out like bandits today. I can't believe anyone would make that trade lol. Holy Dung Gillis...

Why wouldn't he? Who is to say Kassian won't be a better player? At worst he's the player the Canucks need.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:

Buffalo got a #2 center. Hodgson was #3 at best in Vancouver and probably always would have been, they didn't need him. They needed a Kassian because that guy will go toe to toe with Lucic and perhaps put up the same kind of points he does as well.

Vancouver got the player they needed, not the player that's about as redundant as you can get.

If they wanted a player with grit and the ability to get under people's skin, they should have landed Ott. Kassian is inexperienced as can be and no one knows if he'll be a big time player in this league. Hodgson was Rookie of the Month twice this year I believe and was JUST putting it all together. Bewildering trade, they could have gotten so much more for Hodgson IMO. So much more...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Matt Gilroy played 3 years with Gryba

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

If they wanted a player with grit and the ability to get under people's skin, they should have landed Ott. Kassian is inexperienced as can be and no one knows if he'll be a big time player in this league. Hodgson was Rookie of the Month twice this year I believe and was JUST putting it all together. Bewildering trade, they could have gotten so much more for Hodgson IMO. So much more...

Woo hoo, rookie of the month. Who cares? Kassian is a guy that can change a game by just being on the ice, Hodgson is a nice player but people are making him out to be way more than he actually is.

The good thing here is Buffalo is officially the easiest team in the NHL to play against, lol. Boston and Ottawa are going to beat up on them for years.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Matt Gilroy played 3 years with Gryba

As a D pairing? If so, neat.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hmm, interesting. That means a lot of scouting went into Gilroy as well.

I think Murray knew what he was doing with this move.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Woo hoo, rookie of the month. Who cares? Kassian is a guy that can change a game by just being on the ice, Hodgson is a nice player but people are making him out to be way more than he actually is.

The good thing here is Buffalo is officially the easiest team in the NHL to play against, lol. Boston and Ottawa are going to beat up on them for years.

No kidding. Gaustad and Kassian out, Cottonball Hodgson in. Ouch.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

As a D pairing? If so, neat.

Not sure. Not sure how to find that out either. Maybe I'll ask around.

Both shoot right though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum