GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+21
Oglethorpe
NEELY
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
cash
sandysensfan
spader
Hoags
Da lil Guy
wprager
rooneypoo
Ev
Riprock
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
SensHulk
tim1_2
PTFlea
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ryan O'Marra traded to the Ducks...not sure I know who that is.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Ryan O'Marra traded to the Ducks...not sure I know who that is.

For Bryan Rodney, no less.

It. Has. Begun.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

A trade is a trade. Every little "minor" trade has a relevance. Edmonton wanted a defenceman, so they traded a center. Not too long ago Tampa acquired Mikkelsson who has since turned into a very serviceable player.

Apparently if Ottawa does make a move it will be a "minor" trade as well. Don't be surprised if it is similar to those trades for depth or addressing a need in Binghamton.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:A trade is a trade. Every little "minor" trade has a relevance. Edmonton wanted a defenceman, so they traded a center. Not too long ago Tampa acquired Mikkelsson who has since turned into a very serviceable player.

Apparently if Ottawa does make a move it will be a "minor" trade as well. Don't be surprised if it is similar to those trades for depth or addressing a need in Binghamton.

Riprock! Dammit!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I know that as a fan the most excitement is the anticipation your team lands a huge player, and after that just to see what if any big names will move.

I admit I am curious to find out what happens to Rick Nash, as a fan of his I just want to see him in a place where he can exceed.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:I know that as a fan the most excitement is the anticipation your team lands a huge player, and after that just to see what if any big names will move.

I admit I am curious to find out what happens to Rick Nash, as a fan of his I just want to see him in a place where he can exceed.

I think you mean excel, or succeed. Not exceed.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ha, I did... but it still works, so there Razz

ex·ceed   [ik-seed] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
to go beyond in quantity, degree, rate, etc.: to exceed the speed limit.
to go beyond the bounds or limits of: to exceed one's understanding.
to surpass; be superior to; excel: Her performance exceeded all the others.

So I am right that I want him (Nash) to go beyond his limits and be superior.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:Ha, I did... but it still works, so there Razz

ex·ceed   [ik-seed] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
to go beyond in quantity, degree, rate, etc.: to exceed the speed limit.
to go beyond the bounds or limits of: to exceed one's understanding.
to surpass; be superior to; excel: Her performance exceeded all the others.

So I am right that I want him (Nash) to go beyond his limits and be superior.

Of course, we all knew what you meant but...

Note the bolded part, and the lack of an object in your original sentence. Smile

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Does Nash count as an object? He is a person!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Does Nash count as an object? He is a person!
'

C'mon now, only women are objects.

I KEED, don't kill me SpezD's wife! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If we get Penner, he will exceed his stall.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Just keep him away from the beavertails.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Why do people want Fat Penner ? He has 13pts this season and there's no IHOP in Ottawa.

Just because Murray was willing to get him for Heatley doesn't mean he still wants him, all he has to do is call up his brother Terry who can probably list all sorts of reasons why we should stay the hell away.

I'd rather run with what we have now, maybe make a depth trade. Do it for Bingo even, they need help badly.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think they realize that Bingo (or wherever their AHL affiliate is) is getting a ton of help next year in the form of Ben Blood, Shane Prince, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Mark Stone, Jakub Culek (maybe), Chris Wideman, maybe Fredrik Claesson, maybe Mika Zibanejad plays there a bit...so I think they'll accept this poor season knowing that help is on the way.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Da lil Guy wrote:Just keep him away from the beavertails.

That's what she (his wife) said!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

After reading that Swedish article, Petersson certainly isn't playing there again and probably our other Swedish prospects if they talk to him (or read the article) lol.

Funny how Rundblad seems OK with playing in Portland but balked at playing in Bingo. Maybe he didn't mind the AHL, just didn't want to play in a hole like Binghamton.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Why do people want Fat Penner ? He has 13pts this season and there's no IHOP in Ottawa.

Just because Murray was willing to get him for Heatley doesn't mean he still wants him, all he has to do is call up his brother Terry who can probably list all sorts of reasons why we should stay the hell away.

I'd rather run with what we have now, maybe make a depth trade. Do it for Bingo even, they need help badly.

Who said they wanted him? I remember NEELY, a couple of years ago, saying you can't teach size. But has anyone really thought seriously about getting him now?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:After reading that Swedish article, Petersson certainly isn't playing there again and probably our other Swedish prospects if they talk to him (or read the article) lol.

Funny how Rundblad seems OK with playing in Portland but balked at playing in Bingo. Maybe he didn't mind the AHL, just didn't want to play in a hole like Binghamton.

Bungholeton.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum