GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sens @ Leafs, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 @ 7:00PM

+12
Bramlet07
spader
LeCaptain
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
PTFlea
Riprock
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
It'll add some excitement and freshness to the roster for sure. Just in time for one of the bigger games on the slate too.

If we can become a Carkner free zone for the playoff drive all the better. He's brutal and only good for thugging up the other team.

I don't get all this $hitting on Carkner lately. He's never been a particularly good puck manager, but his strengths -- physical play, clearing the front of the net, blocking shots -- were and are the same. He's a little more rusty than usual as a result of his time on the IR this year, but that's to be expected.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:As per Siegel: Kadri appears to be out for Rosehill.

Scraptastic.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Komisarek may be the odd man out on D tonight... Gardiner is expected to be in the lineup for the Leafs.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
It'll add some excitement and freshness to the roster for sure. Just in time for one of the bigger games on the slate too.

If we can become a Carkner free zone for the playoff drive all the better. He's brutal and only good for thugging up the other team.

I don't get all this $hitting on Carkner lately. He's never been a particularly good puck manager, but his strengths -- physical play, clearing the front of the net, blocking shots -- were and are the same. He's a little more rusty than usual as a result of his time on the IR this year, but that's to be expected.

People get carried away wanting to see some fresh faces in the lineup and want to justify call ups by crapping on useful, cheap depth players.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Eerily quiet on the starting goal tender front... when's the presser this morning?

Ya gotta think that it'll be Matrix . If Auld was going to start one of these back-to-back games, I would think it would've been last night.

Tonight's game is quite important.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

People get carried away wanting to see some fresh faces in the lineup and want to justify call ups by crapping on useful, cheap depth players.

People need to look around & see who other teams are playing as they 5/6/7 D guys. Sure, a few teams have stacked D, but most teams have to make due with guys like Ben Lovejoy on their bottom pairing -- now there's a guy worth crapping on.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I actually feel a little bad crapping on Carkner because of all the time he's missed...but...yeah, he's been average to below average.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kadri and Schenn sitting? Why is that?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well if you listen to all the Twitter fans, it's because Schenn and Kadri have been traded to Anaheim for Getzlaf.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:Well if you listen to all the Twitter fans, it's because Schenn and Kadri have been traded to Anaheim for Getzlaf.

#badtradeforAnaheim.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ian_mendes Ian Mendes
MacLean on Borowiecki & Petersson: "We brought them up here to play some games." Look for them to make NHL debuts out west.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Is Toronto west enough for them to play?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Kadri and Schenn sitting? Why is that?

Canadians don't fit in well on Team America.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

Canadians don't fit in well on Team America.

I guess that Carkner for Komisarek trade won't be happening then. Sorry Sens Fans.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:Is Toronto west enough for them to play?

Yes please. I want to see Petersson. I've really enjoyed Butler's efforts lately, but I'd make it happen!

Boro too, but not tonight. We need Carkner around to scrap.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Gotta get Blowshill into the lineup somehow.

Not sure what's the deal with Kadri, so much hype and he still can't hold a roster spot.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Except for MacArtur, Aulie, Boyce, Franson, Reimer, Lombardi, Lupul, Phaneuf and Rosehill Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:

Gotta get Blowshill into the lineup somehow.

Not sure what's the deal with Kadri, so much hype and he still can't hold a roster spot.
At this point he's only hyped by Toronto media/fans.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum