GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sens @ Leafs, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 @ 7:00PM

+12
Bramlet07
spader
LeCaptain
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
PTFlea
Riprock
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Turris is really starting to look like something special. Loving his game with and without the puck right now, and he just seems to be getting better with each and every game. Looks like a guy who will be able to 100% bring it in the playoffs, if you ask me.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That picture has told everyone everything they need to know. It was not illegal - end of story.

Michael Grange wrote a good story on him faking it, but this caught mine eye:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/01/17/grange_phaneuf/

Foligno did indeed get a minor penalty for clipping on the play and Phaneuf, who left the ice and didn't take his rightful place on the Leafs power-play, later exacted some justice when he started a pretty spirited fight that could fairly be judged a draw.

Uh...a draw?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:Turris is really starting to look like something special. Loving his game with and without the puck right now, and he just seems to be getting better with each and every game. Looks like a guy who will be able to 100% bring it in the playoffs, if you ask me.

He's been playing a fantastic overall game, with the puck, without the puck, he's everywhere. He needs to continue to make sure he keeps his head up though...he likes to bend down a little when he skates and he also is going into corners with aplomb, has to make sure he doesn't get destroyed at some point.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:That picture has told everyone everything they need to know. It was not illegal - end of story.

Michael Grange wrote a good story on him faking it, but this caught mine eye:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/01/17/grange_phaneuf/

Foligno did indeed get a minor penalty for clipping on the play and Phaneuf, who left the ice and didn't take his rightful place on the Leafs power-play, later exacted some justice when he started a pretty spirited fight that could fairly be judged a draw.

Uh...a draw?

Not a big deal. I'd only give a slight edge to Foligno in any case but the main thing for me is that Phaneuf thought he was gonna "pwn" Foligno (or he would have never started the fight) and got a taste of his own medicine.

What a jacka$s. Laugh1 Laughing3

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Turris is really starting to look like something special. Loving his game with and without the puck right now, and he just seems to be getting better with each and every game. Looks like a guy who will be able to 100% bring it in the playoffs, if you ask me.

100% Agree, his confidence visibly went up when he scored his 1st goal. Tippett should be looking in the mirror and doing some soul searching on how he handles young players. Maybe there were reasons but he was destroying his confidence and holding back, not good traits on an NHL coach.

The best part is he's already proven he can bring it in the playoffs Nod

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

100% Agree, his confidence visibly went up when he scored his 1st goal. Tippett should be looking in the mirror and doing some soul searching on how he handles young players. Maybe there were reasons but he was destroying his confidence and holding back, not good traits on an NHL coach.

Those "system" coaches are all the same. They stifle talent and/or want to make checkers out of scorers.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

And he's done it before

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

How awesome will it be if the Sens make the playoffs and the Leafs are, once again, on the outside looking in.

#daretodream

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:100% Agree, his confidence visibly went up when he scored his 1st goal. Tippett should be looking in the mirror and doing some soul searching on how he handles young players. Maybe there were reasons but he was destroying his confidence and holding back, not good traits on an NHL coach.

I can see why he wanted out of that dead zone in Phoenix - especially with Tippett at the helm, but I can never fully get on board with a young player demanding a trade.

Still...we're real lucky he did. Laugh1

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
I can see why he wanted out of that dead zone in Phoenix - especially with Tippett at the helm, but I can never fully get on board with a young player demanding a trade.

Still...we're real lucky he did. Laugh1

The way I see it, the fact that he went as far as request a trade, hold out and even ruin his reputation by asking for $4M tells me just how bad it was for him there and what lengths he was willing to go to to get out.

Last edited by Hoags on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
The way I see it, the fact that he went as far as request a trade, hold out and even ruin his reputation by asking for $4M tells me just how bad it was for him there and what lengths he was willing to go to to get out.

Yeah, I get it a bit more now for sure. And Mac is gonna be the kind of coach that will get players to WANT to come here. F-ing great times...great time to be a Sens' fan. And the future is BRIGHT too! Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ottawa getting no credit for win. Two goalie interferences and bad goal on Turris (as opposed to great shot).

They sicken and amuse me all at once.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Ottawa getting no credit for win. Two goalie interferences and bad goal on Turris (as opposed to great shot).

I bet not once does it get mentioned that Ottawa was also playing a back to back situation. As always....never seen bigger cry babies than leafs fans.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Ottawa getting no credit for win. Two goalie interferences and bad goal on Turris (as opposed to great shot).

I bet not once does it get mentioned that Ottawa was also playing a back to back situation. As always....never seen bigger cry babies than leafs fans.

Paul MacLean actually said that everyone has to play with a challenging calendar of games, except Toronto.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

That first goal was a delayed penalty call on Toronto, if its interference they have only themselves to blame for running Turris into their own goalie.

And Phaneuf was the big hero standing up to big bad Foligno, funny how he had to fight for himself. If a Leaf player hip checked Alfie like that they'd be answering to Neil or Carkner by the next shift. Rosehill went after him and said a few things but wasn't willing to drop them.

That's a Buffalo Sabres response, that team has no truculence. They're not going to win anything with that mentality.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

And Phaneuf was the big hero standing up to big bad Foligno, funny how he had to fight for himself. If a Leaf player hip checked Alfie like that they'd be answering to Neil or Carkner by the next shift. Rosehill went after him and said a few things but wasn't willing to drop them.

That's a Buffalo Sabres response, that team has no truculence. They're not going to win anything with that mentality.

Speaking of truculence, Spezza smoked Phanoof pretty good too.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Did he ? I need to find that, I saw the face wash Captain Overrated gave him and they said some words.

Apparently Leaf fans are crying that Smith was running Kessel and making things hard for him and no one on the Laffs did anything. DIdn't notice that at all but good on him for doing a great job taking on his assigned target.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Did he ? I need to find that, I saw the face wash Captain Overrated gave him and they said some words.

Apparently Leaf fans are crying that Smith was running Kessel and making things hard for him and no one on the Laffs did anything. DIdn't notice that at all but good on him for doing a great job taking on his assigned target.

Yeah, he sure did. Bowen said something like "The Captains are going at it."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum