GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sens @ Leafs, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 @ 7:00PM

+12
Bramlet07
spader
LeCaptain
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
PTFlea
Riprock
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:Kypreos went on a rage against Cox who suggested Phaneuf's fight against Foligno was stupid Laugh1
Meh. I liked it. I thought it was good hockey. Settle it there, done.

Cox is an idiot... plain and simple. Old, cranky and tired.

He is so full of Dung that I have to burn the Brodeur book I got I think. How can I read something by someone who I don't respect at all?

Actually, that would make a sweet gift to SSF...he can enjoy the combined works of Cox and Brodeaur at this leisure! Ahhhhh!

Wow! What a combo.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:GDT: Sens @ Leafs, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 @ 7:00PM - Page 13 Celine_fog2-1

!!!

Oh man... LOL'ing in my office, during office hours, at that one. Nicely done.

Laugh1

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:Kypreos went on a rage against Cox who suggested Phaneuf's fight against Foligno was stupid Laugh1

Kypreos was right this time IMO. You can't let someone do that to you - especially if you think that was dirty, you have to take matters into your own hands. If he didn't, he'd look like an even bigger puss than he did when Foligno beat him like a rented mule.

The argument I think was whether to go after him when they're ahead only 2-1. To take yourself out for that long period as captain. It's quite the gray area

Yeah, I still think he kinda had to do it. Unless one of their piece of Dung goons would have stepped up, but then you'd have Carkner or Neil stepping up against them. It's a happy area for sure.

Laugh1 You tried to type "gray area," missed the "y" and got "happy." Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Kypreos was right this time IMO. You can't let someone do that to you - especially if you think that was dirty, you have to take matters into your own hands. If he didn't, he'd look like an even bigger puss than he did when Foligno beat him like a rented mule.

The argument I think was whether to go after him when they're ahead only 2-1. To take yourself out for that long period as captain. It's quite the gray area

Yeah, I still think he kinda had to do it. Unless one of their piece of Dung goons would have stepped up, but then you'd have Carkner or Neil stepping up against them. It's a happy area for sure.

Oops, so I did! Ahhhhh!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:GDT: Sens @ Leafs, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 @ 7:00PM - Page 13 Celine_fog2-1

hahahaha who did this? lol

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Ottawa getting no credit for win. Two goalie interferences and bad goal on Turris (as opposed to great shot).

They sicken and amuse me all at once.

I bet not once does it get mentioned that Ottawa was also playing a back to back situation. As always....never seen bigger cry babies than leafs fans.

What about Hab fans?

Have a kid on my son's bantam house league team who is a Habs fan. Don't ask me why. As far as I know he was born in Kanata. He lives in Kanata, his folks are season ticket holders so he goes to a lot of games. Perhaps his parents are/were Habs fans but this kid's lived all of his life with a home team in his backyard, so I really don't understand his affiliation (affliction?)

Regardless of any of that, so he's a Habs fan, so what? Well, last night he kept saying in the dressing room "I can't believe I'm saying this, but 'Go Leafs Go!'" So, not only is he a Habs fan instead of rooting for his home team, but he is also rooting for the sworn enemy of his favorite club to beat his home team? In a room full of Kanata kids the majority of whom are pretty diehard Sens fans.

I don't get it.

I just wish I could have seen his face when he got home and turned on SportsNight to see the highlights.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

So "gra" gets you "happy"? Sarcasm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

They have some crazy amount of hatred for sens fans and alot of that stems I think from having zero respect for ottawa. It's like it's kewl to hate on the home team....at least in Ottawa. Why? I blame our home games where we get dominated by fans of leafs/habs. Why would they respect us? To these guys its all about the chirping and less about the game on ice. How much can you outchirp the other....in a weird way.

I'm still shocked at the number of douches that go to games just to annoy sens fans....cuz they get away with it clean. Still remember 2 years ago when I went to see a game against minnesota. I saw two fans sitting together: one wearing a leafs jersey and the other a heatley san jose jersey. Both booed the sens players and applauded minnesota goals. The looks on their faces after the sens won....it didn't matter to them. They were still trolling sens fans and they got nothing shelled back at them.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:They have some crazy amount of hatred for sens fans and alot of that stems I think from having zero respect for ottawa. It's like it's kewl to hate on the home team....at least in Ottawa. Why? I blame our home games where we get dominated by fans of leafs/habs. Why would they respect us? To these guys its all about the chirping and less about the game on ice. How much can you outchirp the other....in a weird way.

I'm still shocked at the number of douches that go to games just to annoy sens fans....cuz they get away with it clean. Still remember 2 years ago when I went to see a game against minnesota. I saw two fans sitting together: one wearing a leafs jersey and the other a heatley san jose jersey. Both booed the sens players and applauded minnesota goals. The looks on their faces after the sens won....it didn't matter to them. They were still trolling sens fans and they got nothing shelled back at them.

Yup. Timid fans for sure. Nobody dares to wear their Sens gear unless we win 2 rounds in the playoffs. And then they insist that they're more "hockey fans" than anything else. Laugh1 Laughing3

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

So "gra" gets you "happy"? Sarcasm

Ha. Whoops. Facepalm Laugh1

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Fraser speaks on "C'mon Ref!" regarding the Foligno hit and Spezza's goal.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=385425

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He also says Spezza's goal shouldn't have been allowed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:He also says Spezza's goal shouldn't have been allowed.

He didn't mention anything about what the ref said -- how Spezza may have interfered on the initial shot from the point, but when it came to Daugavins' boot Spezza was *not* in Reimer's way to get to that one. Spezza was preventing him from moving to the top of the crease, but not from backing up and to his left.

I'm not saying I disagree or agree, only that Kerry did not touch on it.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

He didn't mention anything about what the ref said -- how Spezza may have interfered on the initial shot from the point, but when it came to Daugavins' boot Spezza was *not* in Reimer's way to get to that one. Spezza was preventing him from moving to the top of the crease, but not from backing up and to his left.

"Finally we look at the Jason Spezza goal that he tipped into the open cage (Watch the video here) while he had the Leafs goalie, James Reimer securely under foot/skate and unable to defend his net.

Spezza cut behind and contacted Leafs defenceman, Carl Gunnarsson with a fork hook between the legs. At that point Spezza backed into Reimer who was maintaining a butterfly position inside the top of his goal crease. Jason Spezza never became disentangled with Reimer until after tipping the puck into the back of the net.

Since Jason Spezza made contact with James Reimer inside the blue paint and then remained in contact straddling Reimer's pads, any goal that resulted should have been disallowed through incidental contact. No goal - no penalty to Spezza."

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Prags gotta bust out the reading glasses

Fire

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

GDT: Sens @ Leafs, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 @ 7:00PM - Page 13 E512fef50e3c927a161068a127b6fa2b-getty-137257034

Probably a key turning point right there, look at Grabovski's face in the background Laugh1

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:
wprager wrote:

"Finally we look at the Jason Spezza goal that he tipped into the open cage (Watch the video here) while he had the Leafs goalie, James Reimer securely under foot/skate and unable to defend his net.

Spezza cut behind and contacted Leafs defenceman, Carl Gunnarsson with a fork hook between the legs. At that point Spezza backed into Reimer who was maintaining a butterfly position inside the top of his goal crease. Jason Spezza never became disentangled with Reimer until after tipping the puck into the back of the net.

Since Jason Spezza made contact with James Reimer inside the blue paint and then remained in contact straddling Reimer's pads, any goal that resulted should have been disallowed through incidental contact. No goal - no penalty to Spezza."

Yeah, I agree with Fraser. If that had happened to Anderson I would've been screaming at the TV. I thought we got the benefit of the officiating against the Leafs, as scary as that is to say.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, I agree with Fraser. If that had happened to Anderson I would've been screaming at the TV. I thought we got the benefit of the officiating against the Leafs, as scary as that is to say.

Because of the clear spear to Spezza's nads in the first place, I think it's a wash. Although, receiving a spear usually results in a penalty for getting speared so... A real head-scratcher.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum