GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sens @ Leafs, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 @ 7:00PM

+12
Bramlet07
spader
LeCaptain
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
PTFlea
Riprock
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

GDT: Sens @ Leafs, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 @ 7:00PM Large VS GDT: Sens @ Leafs, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 @ 7:00PM Large
Who: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs
When: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 @ 7PM
Where: RSN

The Story:

The Sens lead the season series 2-1. The first meeting took place October 8 was a 6-5 Leafs win in Toronto. The 2nd meeting on October 30 was a 3-2 Sens win in Ottawa. The last meeting was a 5-2 Sens win in Toronto on Nov. 12.

Total goals for and against so far in this season series are 13:10 in favour of the Senators.

Ottawa (25-16-6)

Coming off a disappointing 2-0 loss to the Jets on home ice, before heading out on a road trip until the All-Star game, the Sens will be looking to rebound on the 2nd game of a back to back.

Ottawa called up Andre Petersson from Binghamton yesterday who will meet the Senators in Toronto. The Sens have also called up defenceman Mark Borowiecki, who will play his first NHL game if he dresses tonight. As of yet, no idea if either will play and/or who will draw out and what spot they would take in the line-up. Lots of line juggling would have to occur.

Team Leaders:

Goals: Milan Michalek [23]
Assists: Erik Karlsson [38]
PIMs: Zenon Kenopka [142]
+/-: Flip Kuba [15]

Players-to-Watch:

Erik Karlsson has 5 assists and is a -1 in the 3 meetings this season. He has 8pts (1G, 7A) in 12 career games vs. Toronto.

Kyle Turris will play his first game as a Senator in the battle of Ontario. In 2 career games vs. TOR he has 1 assist.

Starting Line-up:

*As of Jan. 16

Colin Greening - Jason Spezza - Milan Michalek
Erik Condra - Kyle Turris - Daniel Alfredsson
Nick Foligno - Zack Smith - Chris Neil
Kaspars Daugavins - Zenon Konopka - Bobby Butler

Filip Kuba - Erik Karlsson
Jared Cowen - Sergei Gonchar
Chris Phillips - Matt Carkner

Craig Anderson

Injuries:

Peter Regin, Jesse Winchester

Leafs (22-17-5)

The Leafs have lost two straight, are coming off of a 3-0 loss to the Rangers Saturday. The Leafs are 3rd in the Northeast and one point out of 8th place behind Pittsburgh.

The Leafs will get injured C Tyler Bozak back in the line-up.

The Leafs are also expected to make changes on the blue line tonight, as players have no idea who is playing.

Team Leaders:

Goals: Phil Kessel [24]
Assists: Joffrey Lupul [28]
PIMs: Dion Phaneuf [47]
+/-: Carl Gunnarsson [5]

Players-to-Watch:

Phil Kessel has 5 pts (3G, 2A) and is a +3 in the season series so far. In his career, he has 28pts (18-10) in 34 games vs. Ottawa.

Starting Line-up:

*As of Jan. 17

Joffrey Lupul - Tyler Bozak - Phil Kessel
Clarke MacArthur - Mikhail Grabovski - Nikolai Kulemin
Matthew Lombardi - Tim Connolly - Joey Crabb
Jay Rosehill - Dave Steckel - Mike Brown

Keith Aulie - Dion Phaneuf
Carl Gunnarsson - Jake Gardiner
Cody Franson - Luke Schenn

James Reimer

Injuries:

Tyler Bozak, John-Michael Liles, Colby Armstrong

Last edited by Riprock on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:51 pm; edited 5 times in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice GDT as usual!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I assume we're pretty much guaranteed to see Matrix tonight...just hope he's still in "beast mode", and not tired at all. I don't want to see Auld start this game, as it has BIG implications!

It's nice that JM Liles is still injured - he's important to their PP, and we like to take penalties.

GO SENS!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO SENS GO!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Not sure if Anderson is a guarantee tonight. He needs to have a night off eventually. We gotta see Auld in net at some point.

6 game road trip starts tonight... Leafs, San Jose, Anaheim, LA, Phoneix and Boston.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Not sure if Anderson is a guarantee tonight. He needs to have a night off eventually. We gotta see Auld in net at some point.

6 game road trip starts tonight... Leafs, San Jose, Anaheim, LA, Phoneix and Boston.

After dropping that game last night I guess this is more of a must win? Would be surprised to see Auld get in.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Not sure if Anderson is a guarantee tonight. He needs to have a night off eventually. We gotta see Auld in net at some point.

Real important game tonight, I'd say it's a given that Andy starts. Auld can start on the Western road trip, if we lose then no big deal as we're not giving points to a team in our conference. Plus we have the all star break coming, Anderson will get lots of rest there.

Go Sens go !

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

Real important game tonight, I'd say it's a given that Andy starts. Auld can start on the Western road trip, if we lose then no big deal as we're not giving points to a team in our conference. Plus we have the all star break coming, Anderson will get lots of rest there.

Go Sens go !

TONIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

When do we start to worry about burn out with Anderson though? The most games he's ever played in a season was 71 with the Avs in 09/10.

Sens have played 44 games. He's started in 40 of them and played in 42.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:When do we start to worry about burn out with Anderson though? The most games he's ever played in a season was 71 with the Avs in 09/10.

Sens have played 44 games. He's started in 40 of them and played in 42.

I'm already a little worried but we just can't afford to drop this particular game, IMO.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I'm already a little worried but we just can't afford to drop this particular game, IMO.

I'm not worried I am sure MacLean talks to Anderson all the time about how he's doing(unlike the last coach heh heh), if fatigue was a factor Auld would have started by now.

I think we're OK til the All-Star Break at least.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Borowiecki isn't on the ice with the BSens this morning, and rumour has it he may have been called-up with Lee being injured. Would doubt he plays tonight.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Borowiecki isn't on the ice with the BSens this morning, and rumour has it he may have been called-up with Lee being injured. Would doubt he plays tonight.

Something doesn't make sense. Why would they call up a left-handed D-man to sub in for a right-handed D-man? It matters...as we've all seen the arguments about...

Is Phillips hurt? Or someone else?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser Peter The Great
@
@PSBJoyOnTheSens What side does Boro play? Left I assume?
4 minutes ago Favorite Reply Delete

PSBJoyOnTheSens Joy Lindsay
@
@SpezDispenser Played left in playoffs and at the start of the season, but they swapped him and Gryba recently. Should be fine either way.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Borowiecki isn't on the ice with the BSens this morning, and rumour has it he may have been called-up with Lee being injured. Would doubt he plays tonight.

Something doesn't make sense. Why would they call up a left-handed D-man to sub in for a right-handed D-man? It matters...as we've all seen the arguments about...

Is Phillips hurt? Or someone else?

Brian Lee was in the press box, so it doesn't matter what side somebody plays. Lee was insurance for both sides.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum