GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHL Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the three leagues

+10
rooneypoo
spader
wprager
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
Riprock
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Trade talks are swirling around Boston prospect, and Kanata born Ryan Spooner. He has requested a trade and asked that it happens before the Dec. 10 WJ camp.

Speculation that the 67's are in on him.

He's already been traded once in his junior career, from Peterborough to Kingston.

He's left Kingston and is waiting at home in Ottawa until a tarde happens.

What gives? Poor attitude? Uncoachable?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Even if he didn't ask for a trade, they would be wise to deal him since their team is in a rebuilding mode and it's Spooner's last year.

But where did you read he has quit the team and is waiting at home?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's more on Spooner:

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2836340

Seems weird to quit on your team. Keep the request quiet, and keep playing...I can't believe he went home.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This was made for the 67s to go get him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Here's more on Spooner:

Seems weird to quit on your team. Keep the request quiet, and keep playing...I can't believe he went home.

That was last year though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:This was made for the 67s to go get him.

They don't do trades like that.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:

Oh ya. So he's done this twice in two years????

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Oh ya. So he's done this twice in two years????

Well I currently can't find anything that says he went home recently.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:

Trades like what?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Spooner is a frigging head case. That guy will be an NHL bust, count on it.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Whoops, looks like the sitting out happened last year. My bad. But he's still asked for a trade. And twice now. Seems like he doesn't fit in anywhere. Yes it is his last year, but still.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Spooner is a kid that has basically had everything come easy to him until Jr. If his team isn't winning, he cries, complains, and asks for trades. Even if this is his last year you don't quit and that's basically what asking for a trade is, quitting.

The benefit of the doubt went to him the first time, the second time it's clear the kid isn't cut out for life in the NHL. With a loser like that, good luck cracking Boston's lineup.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He has a very punchable face too:

CHL Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the three leagues Spooner_ryan150

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Trades like what?

They don't sacrifice the future for a rental player (like a Tavares, Pietrangelo, etc.)

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Spooner is a kid that has basically had everything come easy to him until Jr. If his team isn't winning, he cries, complains, and asks for trades. Even if this is his last year you don't quit and that's basically what asking for a trade is, quitting.

The benefit of the doubt went to him the first time, the second time it's clear the kid isn't cut out for life in the NHL. With a loser like that, good luck cracking Boston's lineup.

Agreed, wasn't a fan of his after his first request. I also think his size will cause him issues at the NHL as well. I think he still makes the Bruins, as early as next year, but some people think he is one of the best prospects in hockey and they don't realize issues like these.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum