GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+20
xzel
Oglethorpe
ddt
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
Hobiesens
rooneypoo
TheAvatar
SensHulk
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
spader
PTFlea
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
NEELY
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada looking good. up 7-2 in the 3rd.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It's Germany... If Canada beats the US that's a legit win.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's a final. Canada wins 7-2. Mantha with the hatty. Paterson with the win. Nice start to the tourney.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:It's Germany... If Canada beats the US that's a legit win.
True dat.

Next up for Canada, the Czech's on Saturday.

Czech's play the USA later today.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

At least the top guys are all young. They went with skill this time, which wins in this tourney.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Canada was pretty awful. I got up late so I didn't see the start of the 1st, and the kids took over the TV after the second, so I only saw a little more than half the game. They were actually down 1-0 at one point, and Germany tied it up 2-2. They were trying for the pretty play on the *too many* powerplays they were given (hint: most of those will not get called against Sweden/USA/Russia). Nobody crashing the net (at least not with any regularity). One big hit -- ONE. Lazar didn't do much.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He was fine, he was physical, got an assist, screened the goalie on another goal… he has his role.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mantha is gonna be overrated as Diddle after this tournament

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Mantha is gonna be overrated as Diddle after this tournament

Beat me to it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

used to love this tourney but it's losing its lustre for me...it's just a bunch of kids playing a bunch of Dung countries with the exception of about three. People act like this shows who is ready for the NHL and who was a good draft pick, etc.

It also needs to come back to North America every year. Big ice is just awful.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:He was fine, he was physical, got an assist, screened the goalie on another goal… he has his role.

One assist playing in the top-six of a 7-2 games is "not much".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My brother in law was visiting from NJ.  He grew up in Montreal and remains a Habs fan.  Talk turned to who is better -- PK or Karlsson.  Oh, boy.  "But everyone in New York is saying PK is so good; physically the best player in the NHL."  I reminded him that some people in New York also thought Redden was worth $6 x 6 so there.  

Another gem, he asked who else had a better top pairing than Subban and Markov.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Talk turned to who is better -- PK or Subban
Heh - now there's a thrilling discussion...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Talk turned to who is better -- PK or Subban
Heh - now there's a thrilling discussion...

OMG, I need that coffee.

PK or Karlsson, of course.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Or "EK or Subban"....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum