GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+20
xzel
Oglethorpe
ddt
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
Hobiesens
rooneypoo
TheAvatar
SensHulk
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
spader
PTFlea
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
NEELY
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Talk turned to who is better -- PK or Subban
Heh - now there's a thrilling discussion...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Talk turned to who is better -- PK or Subban
Heh - now there's a thrilling discussion...

OMG, I need that coffee.

PK or Karlsson, of course.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Or "EK or Subban"....

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

when Karlsson wins the Noris on a team that is doing worse then the habs we'll shut that discussion once and for all.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:He was fine, he was physical, got an assist, screened the goalie on another goal… he has his role.

One assist playing in the top-six of a 7-2 games is "not much".  

You're exactly that type of guy who would overrate mantha

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:He was fine, he was physical, got an assist, screened the goalie on another goal… he has his role.

One assist playing in the top-six of a 7-2 games is "not much".  

You're exactly that type of guy who would overrate mantha

What the hell? Did I say I was disappointed or that he was a bust? Just reporting a simple fact that he did not do much.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's false though as le kid stated

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:That's false though as le kid stated

Did you (or le kid) watch the game? Despite the score, I was not impressed with the Canadian squad, and of that squad I did not see much from Lazar that stood out. I did not see him being particularly physical, he certainly did not light it up. Mind you, what do I really care about this tournament? I guess nothing. Stone certainly lit it up last year and then what? They still lost, and he is still in Bingo. But at least Sens' prospects did us proud that year.

Yes, I realize the tournament has barely started and I didn't expect Lazar to score a hattrick or pot the OT winner in a medal game, but he did not really stand out on a team that, to me, could have been better.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any team can put up a dud game or two early in this tournament. And they still scored 7 goals. They'll have to be much better if they want gold.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Any team can put up a dud game or two early in this tournament.  And they still scored 7 goals.  They'll have to be much better if they want gold.

Agree with all that, especially the part about having to be much better.

I did not watch the Sweden-Switzerland game but the score was an eye-opener. Unless I am mistaken, that was Sweden's A lineup (were there any last-minute roster changes?) 5-3 is too close for comfort for the host team and the #1 contender for the gold (according to everything that's been written). Is that the same Swiss team that Canada beat 4-1? Team USA looked pretty good with an easy 5-1 win over the Czechs. And then there's Russia destroying Norway 11-0. But they didn't even get 30 shots on goal, so wonder what the game would have been like with better goaltending.

Weird tournament, so far.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This tourney is always a bit weird with so few "top" teams. The gap between the top and bottom is huge. The New Year's Eve game vs USA will be the first real test for Canada.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:This tourney is always a bit weird with so few "top" teams. The gap between the top and bottom is huge. The New Year's Eve game vs USA will be the first real test for Canada.

Anyone excited about TSN's doubleheader -- Slovakia/Germany on now and Finland-Norway in two hours' time?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Slovakia up 3-0 in the 1st over Germany.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:This tourney is always a bit weird with so few "top" teams. The gap between the top and bottom is huge. The New Year's Eve game vs USA will be the first real test for Canada.

And by "New Year's Eve", you mean "New Year's Eve Day at 11:30am". Cussing Europe.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's no physicality because of the big ice and soft reffing

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Phaneuf may have signed an extension.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Slovakia up 3-0 in the 1st over Germany.

How impressive is that 7-2 win over Germany now that Slovakia smoked them 9-2?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dupuis might miss the rest of the season...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bylsma-dupuis-could-miss-rest-of-the-season/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum