GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Senators @ Leafs, 7:00PM, Saturday, Movember 12, 2011

+8
stempniaksen
Oglethorpe
NEELY
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
Riprock
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Oh, and Diddle off with the Spezza Dung...that horse has been beaten.

BeatingaDeadHorse

He played like Dung. I can't comment on the game that was just played?

I'd say that he was a +2, but then you'd just copy & paste your "+/- means nothing" statement, and then start talking about how he got all his points against teams that suck in situations that don't matter.

We know he's struggling the past few games, that's been well-documented on these forums. I'd say he's fighting injury, others would say this is just typical Spezza...yaddayaddayadda...now that that conversation is over, let's continue with other topics. Like how awesome Macarthur's goal was...into his own net. Proverbial icing on the proverbial (delicious) cake.

I'm still savoring the tasty deliciousness.

The only cake I've ever had that tastes BETTER with beer!

Cheers Beer

You should try it with a glass of Leafs fans tears of disappointment and shame.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Belfour already drank all the tears.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Belfour already drank all the tears.

Game Day - Senators @ Leafs, 7:00PM, Saturday, Movember 12, 2011 - Page 5 164414

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Nice! Leafs are playing like crap! Ahhhhh!

Again, they are on the same level as the Sens. Always have been. You are going to owe me 48 beers, Wing Dang Doodle.

I still don't think so, but I reserve judgement for now. They certainly didn't look good tonight. Lucky they have Kessel...or they'd be complete junk.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cowen is a beast. That's all I have to say.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

La Femme wrote:Cowen is a beast. That's all I have to say.

Looking good, still 15-20 more games before he starts looking even better IMO, but nice start to the NHL career for him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, we're all happy now? .500 on the roadie so far.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Glad we beat the Leafs in their own house, even sweeter is they iced the game for the Sens with that own goal. Thanks MacArthur! Too funny. Hopefully the Sens can build on this. They did a lot of things right last night. Blocking shots, getting good sticks in the way, great forecheck. BigRig took a couple of silly penalties but the PK bailed him out. Foligno is coming into his own - great start to the season for him. Anderson settled down after that first goal and looked more like the guy we expected. Sens also outhit the Leafs 36-20, which is pretty amazing. We still suck in the faceoff dot though. Gotta get that figured out.

I'll be paying my neighbour a visit today for sure... heh heh.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:So, we're all happy now? .500 on the roadie so far.

I'm pretty happy based on my expectations.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Glad we beat the Leafs in their own house, even sweeter is they iced the game for the Sens with that own goal. Thanks MacArthur! Too funny. Hopefully the Sens can build on this. They did a lot of things right last night. Blocking shots, getting good sticks in the way, great forecheck. BigRig took a couple of silly penalties but the PK bailed him out. Foligno is coming into his own - great start to the season for him. Anderson settled down after that first goal and looked more like the guy we expected. Sens also outhit the Leafs 36-20, which is pretty amazing. We still suck in the faceoff dot though. Gotta get that figured out.

I'll be paying my neighbour a visit today for sure... heh heh.

Did we really suck on face offs? I know that Smith was pretty horrible at one point (1 of 9 when I checked) and Spezza was under 50%, but he ended the night 9-9. There were a couple of face-offs I remember (I got to watch very little of the game last night) where the Sens lost the face off but recovered the puck.

Just checked, and Smith ended up winning 2 of 14. Without his "contribution" we would have been 17 of 38, or nearly 45%. Still not great, but it really was primarily Smith "sucking". But he had a goal and an assist and a +2, so we'll give him a pass Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Da Costa got benched so hard in that game. Doubt he even hit 10 minutes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

7:31.

Had to check, that's serious. Not sure why Mac did that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Did we really suck on face offs? I know that Smith was pretty horrible at one point (1 of 9 when I checked) and Spezza was under 50%, but he ended the night 9-9. There were a couple of face-offs I remember (I got to watch very little of the game last night) where the Sens lost the face off but recovered the puck.

Just checked, and Smith ended up winning 2 of 14. Without his "contribution" we would have been 17 of 38, or nearly 45%. Still not great, but it really was primarily Smith "sucking". But he had a goal and an assist and a +2, so we'll give him a pass Smile
Sens won 19 face offs. Leafs won 33. I'd say we sucked relatively.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Did we really suck on face offs? I know that Smith was pretty horrible at one point (1 of 9 when I checked) and Spezza was under 50%, but he ended the night 9-9. There were a couple of face-offs I remember (I got to watch very little of the game last night) where the Sens lost the face off but recovered the puck.

Yes, but take away Smith's 2 wins and 12 losses, and it becomes 17 to 21. Sill below 50% but not nearly as lopsided.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Yes, but take away Smith's 2 wins and 12 losses, and it becomes 17 to 21. Sill below 50% but not nearly as lopsided.
Heh. You can't just take faceoffs away, someone would have had to take them. At any rate, it's something they can and need to improve on. Hopefully JMac can get that on the mend.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Heh. You can't just take faceoffs away, someone would have had to take them. At any rate, it's something they can and need to improve on. Hopefully JMac can get that on the mend.

They are 12th in the league, actually.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

They are 12th in the league, actually.
I WANT 1ST!!!!!

:crossarms:

Heh heh.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

As far as team stats are concerned they have a few to work on, for sure:

Goals Against per Game: 29th
5 on 5 Goals for/against ratio: 30th
Penalty Kill: 21st (and much better, recently)
Shots Against per Game: 15th
Goals per Game: 16th (they were much better before the losing streak)

Interestingly the Shots Against have improved, lately -- 26.4 shots/game average over their last 5 games (St. Louis leads the league with 25.7). Penalty kill, although still sitting in the bottom third of the league, is definitely climbing. Don't have the full stats, but they have not given up a PP goal in those 5 games, and have scored a short-handed one during that time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum